• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Colonial Age Recurring Quests not available

Sir Gerr

Couldn't find anything on this, if it exists please point me to it.
I have advanced to Colonial Age this wk and took my time to complete the Story Quest and Side Quests to get to the recurring quests with the intention of staying in Colonial for a short time. I have invested in getting my CF leveled up so I can benefit from those recurring quests. They are critical whatever age I am in.
So in about 3 days I completed the Colonial Age ... tech tree, story quests and side quests to get to the recurring quests. Played it slow and only aborted one I think.
After all that ... no recurring quests ... it jumped right into the Industrial Age side quests. ... whats up?
No recurring quests to be found. I know others who have 2 recurring quest lines. I have 0.

My quest slots now stand as follows.
Story Quest
- A New Continent (this would be the first quest for Industrial Age which I have not completed)
Side Quest
- Dawn of the Golden Age (requires researching one of the first techs in the Industrial Age tech tree which would advance me to Industrial Age) THIS APPEARED BEFORE I HAD COMPLETED THE Colonial Age Story Quests, so I did nothing with it until I had completed the story quests and the 2nd side quest turned into Industrial Age side quest as well. Then I aborted this one in hopes the recurring quest would appear but the Outgunned Quest below took it's place.
- A New Era of Science (Industrial Age and requires research which would in fact advance me to Industrial)
- Outgunned (Industrial Age tasks required)

I also have not advanced on the continent map into Industrial Age. The Story Quest (A New Continent) is asking me to sail to the new continent which I purposely have not done in order to make sure I would get the recurring quests for Colonial Age.

wolfhoundtoo

There's various threads that explain how to avoid losing your recurring quests but as I recall it relates to where you've advanced on the map so if you don't have any then you must of advanced to far.

Sir Gerr

Story Quest and 2 Side Quests ... all related to Industrial Age I believe

My quest slots now stand as follows.
Story Quest
- A New Continent (this would be the first quest for Industrial Age which I have not completed)
Side Quest
- Dawn of the Golden Age (requires researching one of the first techs in the Industrial Age tech tree which would advance me to Industrial Age) I aborted this to try to get recurring to show but New Era popped up in its place. So now I have the 2 below.
- A New Era of Science (Industrial Age and requires research which would in fact advance me to Industrial)
- Outgunned (Industrial Age tasks required)

Last edited:

Sir Gerr

There's various threads that explain how to avoid losing your recurring quests but as I recall it relates to where you've advanced on the map so if you don't have any then you must of advanced to far.

No I have not gone too far. I made sure not to do that and slow played the side quests instead of aborting them.
I have a friend who advanced to Colonial Age the same time as me and has gone further than me on the continent map. Just 1 step further but further none the less. That friend has 2 recurring quests. I have none but rather Industrial Age side quests have shown up instead.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

Go find the play through guide in the forums which will detail what sectors you aren't supposed to have taken. If you have noncancelable quests then you did indeed go to far on the map. That's the only way you end up with no recurring quests. There's lots of threads discussing this matter but if you are convinced it's a bug feel free to contact support.

Sir Gerr

Go find the play through guide in the forums which will detail what sectors you aren't supposed to have taken. If you have noncancelable quests then you did indeed go to far on the map. That's the only way you end up with no recurring quests. There's lots of threads discussing this matter but if you are convinced it's a bug feel free to contact support.
Any tips on how to find the play through guide you refer to?
I'm doing a search on "play through guide" but not finding it.

Also, I did submit a ticket earlier and the only thing I get is "I did something to trigger the next era side quests". But they have no idea what. Nobody there seems to be able to help so I have no idea what I may have done and how to prevent it from happening in the future.
TY

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

The problem is your main Quest. You went too far on the main Quest. The Main Quest is based on the position in the Continental map. your Friend even though farther on C map did not advance the main quest (yet anyway) to enter the next main Era Quest. as soon as you enter the next Era quest you also lose your RQ. As soon as your Friend reaches the next Era main Quest he too will lose his Recurring Quests.
Next Era remember not to kee extending your main Quests once you get the Recurring. I never work on any amin Quests at all! so as I acidentally flip them I will not go on to the next Era fo all Quests.

Sir Gerr

The problem is your main Quest. You went too far on the main Quest. The Main Quest is based on the position in the Continental map. your Friend even though farther on C map did not advance the main quest (yet anyway) to enter the next main Era Quest. as soon as you enter the next Era quest you also lose your RQ. As soon as your Friend reaches the next Era main Quest he too will lose his Recurring Quests.
Next Era remember not to kee extending your main Quests once you get the Recurring. I never work on any amin Quests at all! so as I acidentally flip them I will not go on to the next Era fo all Quests.
Thank you for trying to help.
However, my friend has indeed gone further than me on the main Story Quest as well
Me -
Story: A New Continent (I believe this is the first story quest for the Industrial Age, which I have not completed)
Side: A New Era (Industrial Age requirements)
Side: Outgunned (Industrial Age requirements)

Friend -
Story: Gain a Foothold (2 quests beyond me)
Recurring: Fnord
Recurring: R'lyeh

Last edited:

Sir Gerr

OK all ... thanks for the input.
Update ...
My game play relies on being able to do the recurring quests so I made the decision to age up again if I couldn't get them working.
To that end
- I started the next story quest (A New Continent) which requires sailing the ship for the CA continent to the IA continent. This is still in process for another 4 hours.
- I turned my attention to the side quests
-- Those that ask for things that can only be done after advancing to IA - I aborted
-- A couple were easy to complete in any age so I completed them

After a few of these the side quests were replaced by recurring quests.
What a nightmare this was.
TY

wolfhoundtoo

Any tips on how to find the play through guide you refer to?
I'm doing a search on "play through guide" but not finding it.

Also, I did submit a ticket earlier and the only thing I get is "I did something to trigger the next era side quests". But they have no idea what. Nobody there seems to be able to help so I have no idea what I may have done and how to prevent it from happening in the future.
TY

Try the higher units quest guide it might have what you need. Since that thread is all about getting units higher than your current age without leveling up it should contain the information you need to avoid the situation you found yourself in. This is in the guide forum (subforum of general).

dwaynedibley

I think I may be in the same situation as the OP, and could use some help. I have been in Colonial age only about 2 week. I have conquered all of the Colonial Age provinces but one (up to Haulenois, but have only taken 1 sector of Pisterrac). I just finished "Bye, Bye Bonneparte", and "restore Peace" came up already completed . Now the ship has shown up, and the 3 quests I have up are "dawn of a golden age", "a new continent", and "outgunned". Is there any way I can get the Colonial RQs to come up, or have I done something wrong?

Pericles the Lion

I think I may be in the same situation as the OP, and could use some help. I have been in Colonial age only about 2 week. I have conquered all of the Colonial Age provinces but one (up to Haulenois, but have only taken 1 sector of Pisterrac). I just finished "Bye, Bye Bonneparte", and "restore Peace" came up already completed . Now the ship has shown up, and the 3 quests I have up are "dawn of a golden age", "a new continent", and "outgunned". Is there any way I can get the Colonial RQs to come up, or have I done something wrong?
"Bye Bye Bonaparte" requires taking Halenois...take it. "A New Continent" requires taking the ship to the Industrial Age map...take the ship. "Outgunned" cannot be completed unless you age up but it is abortable...abort it. Continue to complete/abort the quests that follow and your RQ will return. Unless you plan on aging up to Indy do not take Garrincton on the Indy map. You will lose your RQs again if you take Garrincton.

xivarmy

"Bye Bye Bonaparte" requires taking Halenois...take it. "A New Continent" requires taking the ship to the Industrial Age map...take the ship. "Outgunned" cannot be completed unless you age up but it is abortable...abort it. Continue to complete/abort the quests that follow and your RQ will return. Unless you plan on aging up to Indy do not take Garrincton on the Indy map. You will lose your RQs again if you take Garrincton.

You can take garrincton without triggering the bonus quests as long as you haven't taken Las Penas. The condition for them is taking both. But you can take garrincton and move onto PE map without taking Las Penas (and even complete industrial story and start PE story without taking Las Penas if you strictly follow the line where you fight the north).

Sir Gerr

I thought I had missed out on the Colonial RQ's.
In desperation (what did I have to lose), I made sure I had completed the Colonial Age map (and everything preceding it). Then completed (or aborted if I couldn't complete without advancing to IA) a couple of the side quests ... my RQ's returned. I don't know why it took so long for them to show up as a friend had them long before I did after aging up to Colonial. But they did finally show up. I had started sail for the new continent but not yet reached it when they showed up so I doubt this had anything to do with it.
My suggestion is to
- Make sure the entire Colonial map and map behind you is complete.
- Complete/abort a couple of the side quests.
See if that gives you back the RQ's.

Thank you to those who tried to help me resolve this. In the end, it was resolved. :)
Nobody seems to really know what the triggers are (or won't tell).
So this is my best guess based on the trouble I had.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

" Nobody seems to really know what the triggers are" is way more the truth. I have tried to figure out the 'rules' of Quests and it is still confusing. and nope, no ones telling I can find. doubt any players really know the whole story. Telling what worked or seemed to work for them.

RazorbackPirate

With Side and Bonus quests, there appears to be two triggers. The C-Map or the Tech Tree.

Bonus quests seem to be only tied to the C-Map dependent on which provinces you've conquered.

Side quests appear to be mostly tied to the Tech tree, but I'm not 100% sure. For instance, researching a new building type will trigger a side quest to build X number of the new building and research another tech.

Recurring quests are not that hard to get at any point in any age. Stop all tech and map progression, complete or abort any side quests. Once there's no more Side quests, Boom! RQs fill the slots.

wolfhoundtoo

I thought I had missed out on the Colonial RQ's.
In desperation (what did I have to lose), I made sure I had completed the Colonial Age map (and everything preceding it). Then completed (or aborted if I couldn't complete without advancing to IA) a couple of the side quests ... my RQ's returned. I don't know why it took so long for them to show up as a friend had them long before I did after aging up to Colonial. But they did finally show up. I had started sail for the new continent but not yet reached it when they showed up so I doubt this had anything to do with it.
My suggestion is to
- Make sure the entire Colonial map and map behind you is complete.
- Complete/abort a couple of the side quests.
See if that gives you back the RQ's.

Thank you to those who tried to help me resolve this. In the end, it was resolved. :)
Nobody seems to really know what the triggers are (or won't tell).
So this is my best guess based on the trouble I had.

They didn't show up because you had either storyline or bonus quests that (presumably) you weren't able to cancel nor had you completed them. Once you had completed some of them you got some that you were able to abort and once you aborted them you ended up with recurring quests. Did you think the side quests were addons that came in addition to your recurring quests? Recurring quests are quests that arise when the others aren't taking up all the spots available for quests. :)