Color-Coded Friends List

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by Jerry389389, Feb 19, 2018.

1. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

Right Darth...keep your own list of hoodies. If this is a time saver for the Plunder-Boys, then what about saving time for RQ'ers and make it easier for them to cycle through their quests....? Because that is an easy button and you need to do some work for your goodies, no matter how boring or mundane that work may be...

2. darthhenning

darthhenning Well-Known Member

I'd argue that the recent redesign of the quest window did give an "easy button" to RQers. I know I went from never really using them to cycling 8+ per day with the redesign.

That said, I'm hardly fussed either way, but this isn't adding anything that doesn't already exist other than a visual rather than two clicks. *shrug*

3. Stormalex

Stormalex New Member

I love this! I play on my phone. this would finally be an easy mobile way to keep track of who sits in my tavern, who aids, who's tavern's been full for weeks, who has that GB I want to keep tabs on..
    Agreed that it's not for the hood but I would be so happy to have that button.

4. braeden12323

braeden12323 Active Member

Worlds:
    Mount Killmore, Odhrorvar
    I vote yes, it is a good alternative to making spreadsheets. I would hesitate on the hood and guild color coding, as that was not in the original proposal, but I would be happy if they were added as well. Good idea!!

5. HQS cant join forum

HQS cant join forum Active Member

This guy has a GB close to sniping range. Color as Cyan.
    This guy never empties its tabern and is full on motivations, afk candidate. Color as red.
    This guy hasn't lvl any GB for a while and I don't know him, thus he is a candidate to leave. Color as red.
    This guy is a gold mine, color as Yellow (pun not intended). Ok... I lied.
    This guy is average, color as green.

gutmeister likes this.
  6. freshmeboy

and here we go...Once again this proposal veers towards the Plunderers Notebook.....As if they didn't have enough of an edge already. Massive NO vote here for the fifth time in the last year....

7. C00KIEGUY23145

C00KIEGUY23145 Active Member

If you hate plunderers, go play another game and quit whining. There are thousands of you whiners, and whining will only get you plundered more.

8. Nicholas the Freelancer

Nicholas the Freelancer Member

Two colors - invitation you sent, and invitation you accepted. Anything else is unnecessary.

9. THEKYLe

THEKYLe Active Member

I like this one. Implemented across the guild, friends list and hood, people on this list complaining about how it could be used to benefit plunderers are ignoring the dozen or so other ideas floated here for it's usefulness. By that logic no new set pieces or GB should benefit attack boosts for fear of empowering the plunderers. So we shouldn't have kracken or Atlantis or voyager. Clearly devs have been trying to make PvP more enticing and this wouldn't even be so specifically geared towards that. It would be applicable to anyone's playstyle, or could go completely unused without losing out on anything. You could as easily be using the color coding to mark gvg allies in hoods to avoid plundering the wrong people. Highlight those that you've traded with in the past or know are willing to trade high level goods so you can easily find them or know to keep them around in friends list cleaning.

In guild lists I'd suggest that a founder or leader sets the banner color for all in guild to see. To possibly identify traders vs fighters, inactive or new members, people with high levelling GBs that can benefit the guild.

I don't see much of a downside. Unless pink is not one of the color options. If pink is not an option I vote no.

10. freshmeboy

I don't have an issue with plundering other than the fact the pvp mechanic is vastly skewed in the offensive direction regardless of the defense that can be acquired...It's shooting fish in a barrel with an thermonuclear bomb. So why does INNO need to supply players with a notebook to make it easier...? If plunderers are really only 1% of the gaming population, then its a skewed proposal at its core...Still a NO vote here...

11. hjh102

hjh102 Well-Known Member

Except the original proposal does NOT suggest color-coding the hood (although it mentions the hood in the description of the current system). It suggests color coding your friends only. I would have no problem voting yes to the original proposal. There is currently no similar proposal which suggests color-coding of other groups of players (like the hood).

braeden12323 likes this.
  12. freshmeboy

I understand what the OP has asked for, and once again, suggestions from members rush back to implementation in the hood...that is my concern, that it would be list wide. And knowing INNO, anything they put into effect could be a disaster...Spread sheets on your PC, pen and paper or a good memory are all readily available now...use them.

13. gutmeister

gutmeister Well-Known Member

Exactly. I think it's a great idea, for friends list only I'd vote yes and utilize it for sure.