• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Columbus Event - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser1084

We would like to hear what you have to say. Please place your thoughts and comments here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser2223

Events are always added fun.
The Champions Retreat is a great building.
But a Champion Retreat doesn't quite fit the theme.
Columbus wasn't a warlord.
He was an explorer and a trader.
Something that more fit that theme would have been more appropriate and themed.

DeletedUser11375

Columbus Event

I really enjoyed the Halloween event and I think many players were looking forward to upgrading their graveyards...
These quests can be quite a lot of work... I don't know if it is worth jumping all of those hoops for a Champion's Retreat.

But, Thank you anyway!:D

DeletedUser23464

TruthAbout Christopher Columbus

Events are always added fun.
The Champions Retreat is a great building.
But a Champion Retreat doesn't quite fit the theme.
Columbus wasn't a warlord.
He was an explorer and a trader.
Something that more fit that theme would have been more appropriate and themed.

I've enjoyed this game for the past year since I was introduced to it by a coworker. I'm going to take the Christopher Columbus in FoE as a fictional character. In the world of Forge of Empires he can be whatever you want him to be but in the real world he sold slaves, caused the deaths (murder) of many natives of where he supposedly "discovered". I find offense to this as my family of of indigenous descent and to anyone who tries to portray a sick man as a hero in any way. I will continue to play this game. I only wanted to share my feelings about this current event.

P.S. This isn't just my "feelings" read up on history on what he did. He was a dedicated slave trader and might have even lied to and about his own men sailing with him.

Czari

I'm enjoying this quest thus far in my 4 worlds. I'm currently waiting for the scouting timer to count down. Mini-events like this one interspersed with the larger quests are my favorite part of playing FoE. Thank you for this quest.

DeletedUser14522

The Columbus Icon not recording collection.

The Event's System has a bug in it ... (not that unlike the diseases that Columbus brought only luckily it hasn't genocided millions of FOE players that way it genocided Native Americans).
In the 5th Quest of the Event, it says collect some coins/ supplies. It collected coins up to 400 of the 405 and then stopped no matter how many coins or supplies I collect.

WakanAte

DeletedUser

I am not sure I understand the logic of who ever set up the individual quests... How could one get a province scouting mission, within a week, when the new province has just been scouted and not all the technologies have been researched... oh well, some will miss this event, not a big issue.

Enjoy...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17403

I am experiencing the same issue as WakanAte. In the 5th Quest of the Event, it says collect some coins/ supplies. It collected coins up to 205 of the 405 and then stopped no matter how many coins or supplies I collect.

DeletedUser11609

I am experiencing the same issue as WakanAte. In the 5th Quest of the Event, it says collect some coins/ supplies. It collected coins up to 205 of the 405 and then stopped no matter how many coins or supplies I collect.

it says collect some coins, supplies and goods.

DeletedUser17403

I have. Still not showing.

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind. got it.

DeletedUser8291

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees columbus as an association with the native indigenous people of the americas. That being said, as it is thanksgiving up here in canada this weekend, maybe a neat idea for the u.s. thanksgiving would be to have a couple of native portraits up for grabs? Sitting bull and a pocahontas perhaps? And a neat idea would be to have maybe an apache warrior that knocks out a couple of points from the other team for scouting, then he could have a stealth mode with a half decent attack point value but he can only be used when in the adjacent zone for direct attack. He could train out of a forest hideout, (please no wigwam or teepee, that's just rude). How about it?

DeletedUser18225

I am not sure I understand the logic of who ever set up the individual quests... How could one get a province scouting mission, within a week, when the new province has just been scouted and not all the technologies have been researched... oh well, some will miss this event, not a big issue.

Enjoy...

I agree completely! Why is scouting before acquiring? This issue stopped me from participating in the memorial event a few weeks back and it will stop me from this one. Is there something more creative than scouting that might be an option for Halloween? Or can that be a last item...after conquering of a new province has occurred?

Czari

The Event's System has a bug in it ... (not that unlike the diseases that Columbus brought only luckily it hasn't genocided millions of FOE players that way it genocided Native Americans).
In the 5th Quest of the Event, it says collect some coins/ supplies. It collected coins up to 400 of the 405 and then stopped no matter how many coins or supplies I collect.

WakanAte

The fifth quest said to collect some coins, supplies *and* goods. I got up to 400 as well until I re-read that quest and noticed the goods part - that solved it. :)

DeletedUser8428

I agree completely! Why is scouting before acquiring? This issue stopped me from participating in the memorial event a few weeks back and it will stop me from this one. Is there something more creative than scouting that might be an option for Halloween? Or can that be a last item...after conquering of a new province has occurred?

Not sure I understand your issue - scouting is ALWAYS required before one gets to a new province. You can't acquire, or negotiate or conquer a new province until you've scouted it.

DeletedUser

Maybe, just maybe, he ALREADY scouted all the available provinces and now he has to first conquer those provinces before a new scouting mission is given... and that may or may not be doable within a given timeframe.

But, yeah, enjoy your event...

DeletedUser

Same issue

WakanAte

I am having same issue.

DeletedUser22641

What am I being rewarded

I can't see what rewards I am receiving after completing each quest of the event. There is nothing popping up on the screen. Nothing has appeared in my inventory.

Should I assume that it is just coins or supplies of some small amount?

Is there a log or something showing what I have been awarded?