• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Columbus Event - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser8428

Maybe, just maybe, he ALREADY scouted all the available provinces and now he has to first conquer those provinces before a new scouting mission is given... and that may or may not be doable within a given timeframe.

But, yeah, enjoy your event...

Yeah, so I know you don't want to hear this. But it may be that a better strategy than scouting everything available before conquering would be to conquer a bit as you go so that you don't find yourself in a position where you have 4 or 5 provinces to conquer before you can move forward.

- - - Updated - - -

I am having same issue.
It doesn't say coins and supplies. It says coins, supplies and goods. You're missing 5 goods.

DeletedUser

Yeah, so I know you don't want to hear this. But it may be that a better strategy than scouting everything available before conquering would be to conquer a bit as you go so that you don't find yourself in a position where you have 4 or 5 provinces to conquer before you can move forward.

Why, thank you... I will certainly follow your advice for the next event... oh, wait, I may not be able to do it, simply because I have no clue which of the next 5 provinces have goods deposits... Really, drop it...

I accept bad karma but it doesn't mean I cannot point out bad logic... or no logic at all, for that matter.

DeletedUser15477

How do you finish quest line when you have no more technology to learn?

DeletedUser11824

Somebody got their ducks out of order on quests.
# 7 Scout a province -- okay.
# 8 acquire 2 sectors without fighting -- okay
# 9 Acquire a province -- okay
Then #10 plunder 4 buildings or acquire 1 sector. I just took the whole province to fulfill #9. Where am I supposed to find another sector? And no I'm not waiting another 2 1/2 days or more for scouting to open the next era map.

DeletedUser9433

Just completed the quest in F world. Was awarded a Globe Statue from the Colonial era yet I am in the Tomorrow error. SNAFU.

DeletedUser7289

Sorry, Jenny and tempster, but the Globe is one of those "theme" rewards. Yeah, it's useless to us in TE (but my low era guildees are happy). Some rewards aren't useful...
norva, guess you'll just have to plunder some folks.
King Bogart, if you're done with all techs, it auto-completes.

DeletedUser15855

My feedback is that it's irrelevant what we say, because you've proven that you just ignore it anyways.

Have a great day.

DeletedUser9184

Are champions really useful especially if you don't expect to pay for renovation kits?
If you don't have a renovation kit, they are useful for the age their in (and one more if you're in the PME or above), but other than for GvG, it's best to find a Renovation kit for it as soon as possible :)

DeletedUser15042

Pretty easy event. Got some diamonds along the way and that is how I did the scouting, instead of waiting 2 days.

DeletedUser15477

In my situation I have limited my Era growth to Iron Age, I have 4 GB's and working on 5 and 6 I don't want to advance past Iron age and my tech tree is complete to the end of Iron age. So I can't complete the quest line on the last quest......It would have been nice to have an option like they do for other quests, IE plunder 4 bldgs or acquire a sector.... I didn't want to go to EMA, I wanted to stay in Iron Age. It seems as though the game is forcing you to play it , their way, or no rewards. Every ones end game strategy is Different, mine( on 1 world out of 3 I play on) is to limit my ERA growth to Iron Age and NO FURTHER, and amass coins, supplies, goods and GB's. I just think the rewards should be more conducive to alternate playing styles.
Regards,
King Bogart aka Bogie
( E , C, & O Worlds)

DeletedUser

I agree. I just came into the forum to protest the inclusion of Columbus. He caused the genocide of race, captured and use the natives on the islands he landed on as slaves, and stripped their resources. He was a poor example of the men of his time and to include him as hero is sick. You cannot "discover" what is already discovered.

DeletedUser8428

I disagree - he was a PRIME example of the men of his time (and other times) who brought unknown diseases, captured and used the natives of the areas they discovered as slaves and stripped their resources. All exploration/claiming of "new" land happens that way. I am quite sure that if there were creatures on the moon, it would have been the same story. So please don't hold on to the idea that Columbus was unusually 'sick'.

And, this is exactly what we do in FOE - have you worked your way through any of the world map? Whether negotiated or battled, you're doing the same thing. Where does the goods boost we all want come from ? The coins/resources we get as a reward? We're stripping the resources of the land we conquer.

DeletedUser

I disagree - he was a PRIME example of the men of his time (and other times) who brought unknown diseases, captured and used the natives of the areas they discovered as slaves and stripped their resources. All exploration/claiming of "new" land happens that way. I am quite sure that if there were creatures on the moon, it would have been the same story. So please don't hold on to the idea that Columbus was unusually 'sick'.

And, this is exactly what we do in FOE - have you worked your way through any of the world map? Whether negotiated or battled, you're doing the same thing. Where does the goods boost we all want come from ? The coins/resources we get as a reward? We're stripping the resources of the land we conquer.

Ah, but this is a GAME. He was a real life monster, albeit typical of the other Europeans of his time. The Spaniards decimated the south american Indians, the Portuguese did the same to Japan, etc. I play all games with a minimum of warplay, simply because it does not interest me. To me this is just a city building game with annoying people who try to plunder and I hope will go away. Why can't these FTP games offer the choice of PVP or PVE?

DeletedUser20798

Ah, but this is a GAME. He was a real life monster, albeit typical of the other Europeans of his time. The Spaniards decimated the south american Indians, the Portuguese did the same to Japan, etc. I play all games with a minimum of warplay, simply because it does not interest me. To me this is just a city building game with annoying people who try to plunder and I hope will go away. Why can't these FTP games offer the choice of PVP or PVE?

Hmmm you came to a war game to build??? I hear Candy Rush have pretty colors and Farm Heroes has little animals that help you build a barn...

DeletedUser7341

The story and characterization of Columbus is laughably inaccurate

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees columbus as an association with the native indigenous people of the americas. That being said, as it is thanksgiving up here in canada this weekend, maybe a neat idea for the u.s. thanksgiving would be to have a couple of native portraits up for grabs? Sitting bull and a pocahontas perhaps? And a neat idea would be to have maybe an apache warrior that knocks out a couple of points from the other team for scouting, then he could have a stealth mode with a half decent attack point value but he can only be used when in the adjacent zone for direct attack. He could train out of a forest hideout, (please no wigwam or teepee, that's just rude). How about it?

Couldn't the developers have conducted five minutes of research? "Friendly, peaceful natives" being "thanked" by Columbus with glass beads and hawk bells. Good grief, FoE! You're usually better than this.

DeletedUser15855

Am I the only one that:

1.) Finds it funny that people are complaining about historical war figures being included in a war game...

2.) Finds it funny that people are complaining about people attacking them in a war game...

3.) Finds it funny that people are complaining about the dialogue boxes on the quest boxes (I honestly have never read them)...

DeletedUser17710

I could not agree more with this post.

FOE is all about taking lands and making them your own.

Anyone playing the game who disagrees isn't playing with a full deck.

DeletedUser10076

Well i had a much better post but i typed for too long and if got lost...

All i will say is this attitude disgusts me.

Go play Elvenar, it was made specifically for peeps like you.

On the event itself...it was meh I got diamonds on the first quest so i can't complain.

Last edited by a moderator: