• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Combined attack and defense bonuses

• Thread starter DeletedUser38737
  • Start date

DeletedUser38737

I've noticed some units in the GA have both attack and defense bonuses. How do I get defense bonuses for my attacking units?

DeletedUser40495

The Terracotta Army GB gives bonus to both attacking army and defending army.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40495

*both attacking army and defending army

(Most GBs give stats for only attacking army or only defending army but boosts both attack and defence for the given army)
Thanks, I changed the wording a bit so that’s clear ;)

DeletedUser33179

There isn’t.

Thanks for confirming.

I wonder why not, though. Or an event building that gives attack bonus for defending army. Since none of either exist from events yo date, bet they'd be popular & make Inno even more money.

Emberguard

Thanks for confirming.

I wonder why not, though. Or an event building that gives attack bonus for defending army. Since none of either exist from events yo date, bet they'd be popular & make Inno even more money.
Probably because that’d make it too easy to increase stats

DeletedUser29726

Thanks for confirming.

One of the last remaining straws constraining power in the game. There's a level of fairness to the equation that defending armies can only get defense outside of GBs and attacking armies can only get attack outside of GBs. The former aids in keeping any attack potentially viable, and the latter only being fair that if defending armies can't get limitless attack then attacking armies shouldn't get limitless defense.

I'm sure eventually inno will cave as they have to all the other lines in the sand when sales dip down low enough from more and more efficient FP producers and they need something new to keep people spending - but they don't exactly have many of those left to step over so they'll probably be cautious before crossing it. Speaker's corner release in Sep 2015 was the first attack building at all. It was a long while after that til they released Checkmate square in March 2017 and then followed it up with the cherry set as the first mass-obtainable attack boost source.

DeletedUser33179

One of the last remaining straws constraining power in the game. There's a level of fairness to the equation that defending armies can only get defense outside of GBs and attacking armies can only get attack outside of GBs. The former aids in keeping any attack potentially viable, and the latter only being fair that if defending armies can't get limitless attack then attacking armies shouldn't get limitless defense.

I'm sure eventually inno will cave as they have to all the other lines in the sand when sales dip down low enough from more and more efficient FP producers and they need something new to keep people spending - but they don't exactly have many of those left to step over so they'll probably be cautious before crossing it. Speaker's corner release in Sep 2015 was the first attack building at all. It was a long while after that til they released Checkmate square in March 2017 and then followed it up with the cherry set as the first mass-obtainable attack boost source.

Hadn't really thought about how relatively recent (just past 2 years) attack bonus in event buildings has been a common occurrence. Been playing for a bit under that timeframe, so never had a time where such buildings weren't frequently offered. For better or for worse (with plenty of folks arguing for either standpoint, I suppose), we've sure had plenty of them.

Agent327

Hadn't really thought about how relatively recent (just past 2 years) attack bonus in event buildings has been a common occurrence. Been playing for a bit under that timeframe, so never had a time where such buildings weren't frequently offered. For better or for worse (with plenty of folks arguing for either standpoint, I suppose), we've sure had plenty of them.

Attack and defense bonus first came with the militairy buildings in the Contemporary Era at the end of 2014. First special building that gave an attack bonus was the Speaker's corner I think and that came in september 2015.

DeletedUser31499

The Yggdrasil gives 30% attack and anyone in any age can get one just by completing the Viking Settlement 15 times.