• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Community Relations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser26154

I have no idea.
I am not sure, but it is not anything underhanded. We (mods) cannot alter or delete or change an account.

Thanks Forum Moderator Plinker.
I don't feel erasing a profile is something that's personally in you.
How can this happen?
If Forum Moderators can not erase, that means it might have been done by a higher-up.

Am I correct in assuming... one of the possible ways... was from a much higher authority?

DeletedUser30943

While I've never done forum administration, I am an admin on a popular Elder Scrolls wiki, and I've certainly had to intervene in talk page posts there on occasion, so I have some sense of what being a forum mod would be like. My only advice at this point would be that you guys be a little less "twitchy", for want of a better word. I get it, there are minors around the site, and so there are certainly things that need to be removed, or encouraged to go in a more positive direction, before they go completely off the rails. That makes sense, and the simple fact is, not everyone will agree with any given action. These are the joys of moderation. :) But not everything that's threatening to go in a bad direction needs to be dealt with using moderation action.

There was a recent thread about some of the forum mods which makes an excellent example of both points. Initially, it was suggested that people should refrain from using specific names or hurling accusations about. That was perfectly handled. In a later post (the very next one, I believe), the user simply replied to an existing post in which someone had already been named. For that, the thread was closed. That felt very heavy-handed to me. The information was already out there. It likely wasn't a deliberate attempt to inflame the situation when the poster quoted the previous post. If you hadn't wanted it quoted, then the original message should've been altered so that replies didn't name names inadvertently. It's not ideal when you have to edit someone else's post, but it's probably better than how that thread played out (particularly since it led to a mod shutting down a thread complaining about mods...that really looks bad).

That said, I think you've made a great start with posts like this and the one Snowbelle posted. If you are new as mods, there will be a learning curve. That's a given. Admitting that to users and providing them with the opportunity to discuss the issue is an excellent way to help us understand that mistakes will be made, and provide us a venue to help you improve.

DeletedUser27889

Either a hacker or a high- ranking Inno representative on the forums. Is this an order from the VERY top of the food chain?
Dursland (and now Snowbelle) have given us the opportunity to air our grievances so hopefully us and the mods can get on the same page, let's not ruin in by turing it into a mucka esque conspiracy thread. I'm not trying to mini mod or micro or whatever the words used to peewee. But has anyone just asked snake in game what happened?

Guest accounts to all my knowledge do not exist. There are no guests here and it's not a log in option. Maybe that is what happens when someone deletes their account? They show up as guest as to not break up the forum with deleted member posts or blank posts?

You need a game account to make the forum account but who knows what happens when you delete your forum account. It would be one thing if Snake is saying he didn't delete it or do anything, but he hasn't said that to anyone.

plinker was asked and said he didn't do it. There's no sense in launching into 'very top conspiracy' mode when snake himself hasn't been asked yet.

DeletedUser26154

I think this makes it pretty clear that snake deleted his account. No conspiracy, guys.

Manda has every right to be concerned, so her point of view is rock-solid justified.

I think with that big perceived issue solved, done and out of the way.
We can focus on what's important and real.

images (31).jpg

Pity I forgot what it was.

Ylisaveta

As we were taught in the Dept. of Public Safety, Be firm, fair and consistant. I try to be as much as I can. I don't even being held under a microscope by each and every one of you. What I can't seem to get over is that all of you talk about helping new players, and all you want to do is otherwise.

"All you want to do...." Generalize much? This is a fairly hostile remark from someone coming in to an established community. I think you need to think before you post. I don't care how much forum modding experience you have, you are not coming across well to me.

DeletedUser26154

"All you want to do...."

By definition, a Moderator of any kind is Lawful Neutral.

LN.png

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs them. Order and organization are paramount to them. They may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or they may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government.

Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

Lawful neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all freedom, choice, and diversity in society.

Those of this alignment view regulation as all-important, taking a middle ground betwixt evil and good. This is because the ultimate harmony of the world--and the whole universe--is considered by lawful neutral creatures to have its sole hope rest upon law and order. Evil or good are immaterial beside the determined purpose of bringing all to predictability and regulation. It is the view of this alignment that law and order give purpose and meaning to everything. Without regimentation and strict definition, there would be no purpose in the cosmos. Therefore, whether a law is good or evil is of no import as long as it brings order and meaning.

Lawful neutral beings believe in a strong, well-ordered government, whether that government is a tyranny or benevolent democracy. The benefits of organization and regimentation outweigh any moral questions raised by their actions. Lawful neutral beings will uphold the law regardless of whether it is considered just or not. If the majority of the population disagrees with the practices of the government, then they must use legal means of getting those laws changed. Rebellion is a crime regardless of the purpose behind revolt. In their day-to-day affairs, lawful neutrals will adhere to the laws of the area they are in, and will also maintain their own sense of honor.

They are respectful to both their leaders and their peers. Subordinates will be treated as is due their station within society. Written contracts and verbal agreements will be honored by these characters. They will not break their word or a contract unless there is a legal way to do so. Lawful neutral beings are concerned with the letter of the law, but rarely the spirit. These characters also respect the idea of station in life. They will act as they should, given their station.

The lawful neutral being normally sees law and order as of prime importance, with the well-being of the group put ahead of the individual on almost every occasion. Such persons see good and evil as immaterial and unimportant in the structuring of the universe into perfect order and harmony, in which lies society's only hope for survival. Whether a law is good or evil is of no import as long as it brings order and meaning. Thus, personal gratification of needs and desires is well and fine, as long as this doesn't interfere with the ultimate ordering of the cosmos; all other considerations are secondary. Life, to the lawful neutral being, has no meaning without order, and is thus expendable when faced with the choice between it and harmony.

A lawful neutral character will keep their word if they give it and will never lie. They will never harm an innocent. They will help those in need only to advance the social order. They prefer to work with others. They respond well to higher authority, are trustful of organizations, and will always follow the law. They will never betray a family member, comrade, or friend. Lawful neutral characters respect the concepts of self-discipline and honor.

Here are some possible adjectives describing lawful neutral characters: reliable, responsible, truthful, orderly, loyal, respectful of authority, regular, structured, rigid, neat, methodical, and precise.

Well known lawful neutral characters from film or literature include: General Swannwick (Man of Steel), Sergeant Friday (Dragnet television show), Gladiator of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard (Marvel Comics Universe).

Credit to Source:
http://easydamus.com/lawfulneutral.html

When @ardak kumerin is a player, he's Lawful Good.
When he's in any kind of command or authority position [GvG Co-General for example], he's Lawful Neutral.
When it's PvP...

78c07449ce9e6ae56de1f2a4b9fbd733.png

You can probably guess.

[Done Editing]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.