• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Complaing about the MLK Event

Algona

[pout]My complaint is WAY TOO MANY of you are not complaining!

Take your serious talk to some place serious![/pout]

Wow. First time I've seen a threadjock turn into something useful.

What-EVAR!

DeletedUser8420

freebies are freebies...coins supplies diamonds are always welcomed and for me finished tech and map so its better then just sitting around and collecting everyday...so bring it on.
:)

DeletedUser8420

ok my complaint NOT ENOUGH SPECIAL EVENTS...While waiting for new age to open.

DeletedUser8420

Did you notice that we joined FOE on the very same day and year....too funny

cbalto1927

The quests for Martin Luther King event is out. In addition to portrait of MLK, you get Peace Sculpture- a Deco, and The King- special building. While Peace Sculpture is a deco but to anyone who haven't entered postmodern era would clearly get a huge point boost. The King produces 24 hour coins and good special building for those who needed coins badly. For me i think it worth it to have those two.

Mustapha00

So we have one complaint that there are too many events and another complaint that we have two few events.

If we can find someone who thinks we have just the right number of events, we'll have the FoE equivalent of Goldilocks.

DeletedUser8152

Looks like you all missed the actual point of contention, that celebrating MLK is just a political statement from the PC crowd.

Algona

Well, no, I saw that one coming. From the day it was announced. I was sure there would be all sorts of complaints about the motivation for INNO running the MLK Event. While a skilled political humorist (What ever happened to Mark Russell?) might be able to find something funny about the motivation it's way beyond my capability.

This thread was supposed to be humorous or at least an ironic look at the odd complaints of previous events.

The pony posts were super. Others had some good stuff.

How funny would it be if INNO dropped a pony statue into the Easter Event? And the other pony statue later?

As for the overreaction by a lot of people for a lot of different reasons to the MLK Event, well, it's sad and funny as hell. Someone pass me the popcorn while I watch the fun.

Mustapha00

Looks like you all missed the actual point of contention, that celebrating MLK is just a political statement from the PC crowd.

Frankly, that's what I thought this thread would devolve into, and I rather proud of my Forum Mates that no one went there.

As someone pointed out above, I could see the validity in complaining that this is yet another US-centric special event (although celebrating the World Cup more than balances out any focus on the US in my opinion). King had his personal failings, but it's a dark heart indeed that can find much to quarrel about regarding his message.

DeletedUser15105

Okay looking for advice how are you suppose to scout a land if you have none available atm?

DeletedUser8152

Okay looking for advice how are you suppose to scout a land if you have none available atm?
You will have to conquer or negotiate whatever province you are on, and that will open a new territory for scouting.

DeletedUser

Far and away the best payoff for this event? The insanity in the feedback thread.
Yeah - this sucked royally! I tried to get through the events, but I gave up when it came to being almost done without enough time to get the rest of the objectives done before it was finished. All you got was a stupid statue, and a Eddie Burpme avatar! I won't do again if this is all they offer next year. The Cleopatra event was the same way - get rid of things that you want to keep discharge units, motivate other players' buildings, and aiding while having to spend forge points out the yin-yang, build something from the age before, or the present, blah, blah, blah....... worthless to say the least! Unless they have something really cool then I'm out on the rest of these when they come up again. NO MORE SPECIAL HOLIDAY MISSIONS!!!!