• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Complaint/rant about Daily Challenge

DeletedUser32102

I've got an ongoing issue with Inno's "roll of the dice" prize. I've sent it through support only for them to not only not offer to make it right but close my ticket. Now today during daily I selected the daily option for the big FP prize. I finished the daily quest, and received 160k gold. It wasn't even a friggin option. I'm sick to death of the support staffs ineptitude. I last contacted
larry.edge@cm.innogames.com
This is ridiculous.

Mustapha00

My complaint with the DCs is the "Complete Insane Number Of Short Duration Productions" subquest.

At some point, one can have plenty of Supplies. A plethora of Supplies, if you will. At that point, I begin to reduce the number of Supply Buildings I have in favor of additional Production Buildings, more Set Buildings, more Event Buildings, etc. On two worlds, I have only 4 Supply Buildings (and really could get rid of a couple of those, except that they are Premiums and I hate to get rid of those).

And then I get a "Complete 83 5 Minute Productions" subquest.

I readily concede that Inno did not force me to get rid of most of my Supply Buildings. This was a choice I made based on where I am in the game. And I could, I suppose, get rid of a much more important building and replace it with, say, 6 Blacksmiths or something to make things doable. After all, very few players ever say that they have "enough" SoKs, right? And DCs give you one shot a week at getting another one.

DeletedUser32753

My complaint is similar to one above .
I readily concede that Inno did not force me to get rid of most of my Supply Buildings. This was a choice I made based on where I am in the game. And I could, I suppose, get rid of a much more important building and replace it with, say, 6 Blacksmiths or something to make things doable.

I have just gotten the do 10 8 hour productions and I have 2 buildings for it. I cannot get rid of housing to build more Blacksmiths to complete the quest and I am not going to cripple my city just for a quest. In order to continue in the game you need goods, but inno seems to concentrate on the supplies and well it can get rather annoying when you have very few supply buildings.

DeletedUser8428

My complaint is similar to one above .
I readily concede that Inno did not force me to get rid of most of my Supply Buildings. This was a choice I made based on where I am in the game. And I could, I suppose, get rid of a much more important building and replace it with, say, 6 Blacksmiths or something to make things doable.

I have just gotten the do 10 8 hour productions and I have 2 buildings for it. I cannot get rid of housing to build more Blacksmiths to complete the quest and I am not going to cripple my city just for a quest. In order to continue in the game you need goods, but inno seems to concentrate on the supplies and well it can get rather annoying when you have very few supply buildings.

And that's why these are optional - they're not "gimme" items that everyone is entitled to - if you want to make the sacrifices necessary to complete, you will. If you don't then you won't.

Mustapha00

And that's why these are optional - they're not "gimme" items that everyone is entitled to - if you want to make the sacrifices necessary to complete, you will. If you don't then you won't.

Which, if I am not mistaken, everyone has taken great pains to clearly state.

But the larger point is that this is yet another example of Inno pushing you to play their game in a way that might be more favorable for them, but is not the game you wish to play. Repeatedly acquiring multiple sectors on the Campaign Map means you advance faster than you might wish. Completing 75 1 hour productions means getting rid of buildings that you might wish to keep (never enough Store Buildings around!) if you want the chance to add a SoK. It would seem that there could be a sort of balance between what Inno wants and what the players (at least some of us) want, but Inno isn't interested in that balance (and I concede that they need not be- they are in it to make money and playing the game the way they want you to play has a greater chance in bringing them in additional revenue).

Algona

Which, if I am not mistaken, everyone has taken great pains to clearly state.

You're right. People do say this a lot. Pretty much every time after a post that in essence reads:

Make this challenge I don't like easier for me.

Repeatedly acquiring multiple sectors on the Campaign Map means you...

...haven't been paying attention, That one was solved days after DCs came out.

...advance faster than you might wish. Completing 75 1 hour productions means getting rid of buildings that you might wish to keep

Agreed (well, sort of*) that getting rid of other buildings for supply buildings slows down your conventional game state advancement.

INNO is trying to get us to advance and slow down?

----------

i've done this in both my CE and LMA cities, other players in my Guild have been having the same level of success once they understood how to maipulate the DC Quests. All while doing well in GE.

Here's what it takes to bat over.800 in DCs without spending Diamonds:

Play more then once per day. Stop scouting. Build 11 Blacksmiths. Have 2 smallest footprint Goods Buildings of the current or previouus Era and save the Goods until needed. Get rheough GE lvl 3 soonest. Be able to defeat the weaklings in the hood. Don't collect your city, Aid, Visit Taverns, collect yourr Tavern or do a Tavern Boost until you select your Daily Challenge. Have a surfeit of Coins and Supplies. Be ready to tear down and immediately replace mundane buildings. Know when to open the Challenge to avoid production cycles you don't like.

Except the Nlacksmiths, Goods Buildings. and knowing when to open the Challenge, none of these are unusual, Most DC quests resolve naturally from good game play. If you are an Event junkie successful in all Events, doesn't most of this sound familiar? Being prepped for DCs means you are prepped for Events as well.

----------

Good game play and 5 or so Expansions dedicated to DC quests gives you an outstanding chance of resolving almost every DC. You should pick up the Challengers Chest every 7 -11 days.

Is it worth it? That;s up to you.

But once you make that decisions, what good does it do to complain about it? How about instead of a comolaint, some ideas on change that keep the DCs challenging?

*Depending on the maturity of your city, DCs can advance your game state faster then conventional play. How much are 5 troops or a building beyond current tech worth to a city in a new Era? 10, 30, 100 FP to a city poor in FP production? Any of the Challenger chest prizes?

It's a trade off. Which benefits your city advancement more? Allocating part of your city to DCs? Or using that space for conventional means? How about experiment with both and see which tou like best? You can always change your mind...

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

This isn't about Inno forcing anyone to play their way........this is about Inno structuring the challenges so that players need to work to get them done. That means just like everything else you need to choose what to put in your city to achieve your goals. There isn't a 'balance' between what Inno wants and what players want because the daily challenges can be completed relatively easily if you set up your city correctly. What I see is that everyone wants the best of both worlds - the best buildings in their city for what they want (primarily more FPs) while still being able to get basically a free chance at an event building.

You can put in all of the Great Buildings if you want but that's going to hinder you greatly in other aspects of the game even if you get all of the diamond expansions. You can go all barracks and fight (and plunder) you way through the ages but (as unlikely an event that that may be) if you get in a hood where people actually do a decent job of collection you might find yourself short of goods for what you need. You can stay in an age because you want to do GVG in that age which is fine. But that means you give up all of the expansions in the tech tree beyond the age you stay in.

In short: Make your choices and live with the consequences. If you don't like them ask around and come up with a new strategy/tactic to get what you want out of the game........unless of course your plan is to simply propose the same thing until Inno cracks. In which case carry on. :confused:

Mustapha00

"...haven't been paying attention, That one was solved days after DCs came out."

Not so.

On two servers just today, the DC required me to acquire (one via Negotiation, one via combat) sectors on the Campaign map.

"INNO is trying to get us to advance and slow down?"

I stated that Inno is trying to speed things up; I never mentioned anything about slowing things down.

Inno requires you to acquire sectors on the campaign map in order to complete a DC. If you are "hanging out" in a particular Age, then that is almost certainly forcing you to choose between finishing the DC or staying where you are. This is particularly true given the fact that every single event of any size requires you to acquire sectors, if not entire Provinces.

Two potential solutions:

1) Reduce the frequency of such subquests. There have to be plenty of alternatives to sector acquisition.

2) Provide alternatives. Either acquire sectors OR >insert other possibility here<.

On the good side: at least Inno isn't including Research A Technology as a subquest. Yet.

"But once you make that decisions, what good does it do to complain about it? How about instead of a complaint, some ideas on change that keep the DCs challenging?"

What you (and others) see as a "complaint", I (and others) see as suggestions to make the game better. I agree that mere complaining does little good, which is why I never merely complain.

Algona

If you do not have a scouted Province with unconquered Sectors you won't get DC Quests to acquire Sectors. As i said, you weren't paying attention, This dodge was figured out and posted shortly after DCs were fully launched.

You are right, you didb't say it. My apologies for attributing an implication to you. I apologize for putting words in your mouth.

Two potential solutions:

1) Reduce the frequency of such subquests. There have to be plenty of alternatives to sector acquisition.

2) Provide alternatives. Either acquire sectors OR >insert other possibility here<.

On the good side: at least Inno isn't including Research A Technology as a subquest. Yet.

Completely unviable. Not in their own right, but again, you aren't paying attention. The official DC feedback thread is stuffed with complaints from people who don;t like Quests. Almost every Quest has someone complaining about it. Even the new replacement Quests of paying Coins and Supplies has already had a complaint.

Which Quests do we get rid of? The ones you dislike? The ones others dislike? All of them?

You must know that whatever Quests are used as alternatives will be complained about as well no matter how simple?

What you (and others) see as a "complaint", I (and others) see as suggestions to make the game better. I agree that mere complaining does little good, which is why I never merely complain.

I'm sorry, i don;t play definition games. You get a free win! Tell me what you want to call a post that essentially reads as

"I don't like this. I want this changed because I don't like this. I don;t have a viable alternative. "

and does not ask for help or advice?

:Like the original post in this thread they labeled Complaint/Rant?

DeletedUser33227

There is a boost in the tavern that gives you a fourth turn.
Go to Youtube and watch some negotiation videos. I don't activate the boost until I start getting 6 options or more. I rarely lose a turn.
Yes, I discovered that boost shortly after my comment. I watched one video, but it only showed the obvious method I'm already using. I'll look around for more, thanks.

DeletedUser33606

So, I've heard that the Forge of Empires creators have tried hard to make it so a daily challenge is not impossible. It may still not be impossible but today's is pretty darn close! Collecting 2,500 tavern silver, .
The amount of silver you have to collect is usually tied to the number of people on your friends list. If you have a lot of inactive friends, then this would hurt your chances of completing the task because the inactive ones count toward setting the total you need but don't help you get there. As others have said, your best way to help yourself on this task is to keep close attention to your friends list and delete anyone who doesn't actively help you by sitting in your tavern, but be sure they are not people who do help by motivating/polishing or contributing to your GBs. That said, I do agree that any task that depends totally on the actions of other people makes no sense whatsoever.

Falconwing

The amount of silver you have to collect is usually tied to the number of people on your friends list.

You sure? I have had 140 on my Friends list forever and I've gotten DC's to collect 1000, 2500, and 3500. I do think the max amount may be tied to the number of chairs on your tavern though. No one with eight chairs is ever going to collect 3500 silver.

Mustapha00

"Completely unviable. Not in their own right, but again, you aren't paying attention. The official DC feedback thread is stuffed with complaints from people who don;t like Quests. Almost every Quest has someone complaining about it. Even the new replacement Quests of paying Coins and Supplies has already had a complaint."

To request (as opposed to demand) changes and provide possible alternatives is "unviable"? Really?

Then how is the need for change ever identified?

"Which Quests do we get rid of? The ones you dislike? The ones others dislike? All of them?

You must know that whatever Quests are used as alternatives will be complained about as well no matter how simple?"

If the same quests (or, in this case, subquests) are the consistent targets of complaints, that should give game developers a good start on a "Things To Fix" list.

No one is ever going to be entirely satisfied with their roster of DC subquests every single day. But then no one is making that demand either. But when a massive Production subquest pops up a majority of days in a week, well then the RNG needs some tweaking.

"I'm sorry, i don;t play definition games. You get a free win! Tell me what you want to call a post that essentially reads as

"I don't like this. I want this changed because I don't like this. I don;t have a viable alternative. "

:Like the original post in this thread they labeled Complaint/Rant?"

Several layers here to unpack.

First off, I would agree with you that there are such threads that degenerate quickly (or even possibly begin life as) little more than rants. You know the type: some variation of "I'm never going to play this game again because >x,y,z<".

Those are rarely constructive, though I admit they can be faintly entertaining. In moderation of course.

But a thread that begins that way does not necessarily have to end up that way. People can address the complaints with suggested fixes, such as I and others have done in this particular thread. That you disagree with the proposals does not render them "unviable"; it merely means you disagree with the suggestions, as is your right. But to make a blanket statement, as you did, that this thread is nothing more than merely another "rant" is simply not true.

DeletedUser31771

I think INNO heard the tavern silver outcry. When is the last time anyone had a 2500 requirement? I had one in the first few weeks and since then the highest I have had was 1000. I'm sure they have metrics for quest completion rates and if a certain quest is failed/not even attempted by whatever they deem as a too high percentage of players, then they might revise it.

DeletedUser31225

No complaint from me. In the beginning I did not try DC thinking they were too tough. Now can I always complete DC. Do not ignore anything. Try all the aspects of the game: fighting (PvP, GvG)/plundering, farming, trading, GE negotiation/fighting, open all the slots of recurring quests etc.
Never hesitate to kick inactives from your friends list. Sometimes play on a laptop/desktop if only to kick inactive players.

Adjust DC time to suit your collection/aid/tavern visit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

"Completely unviable. Not in their own right, but again, you aren't paying attention. The official DC feedback thread is stuffed with complaints from people who don;t like Quests. Almost every Quest has someone complaining about it. Even the new replacement Quests of paying Coins and Supplies has already had a complaint."

To request (as opposed to demand) changes and provide possible alternatives is "unviable"? Really?

"Which Quests do we get rid of? The ones you dislike? The ones others dislike? All of them?

You must know that whatever Quests are used as alternatives will be complained about as well no matter how simple?"

If the same quests (or, in this case, subquests) are the consistent targets of complaints, that should give game developers a good start on a "Things To Fix" list.

No one is ever going to be entirely satisfied with their roster of DC subquests every single day. But then no one is making that demand either. But when a massive Production subquest pops up a majority of days in a week, well then the RNG needs some tweaking.

"I'm sorry, i don;t play definition games. You get a free win! Tell me what you want to call a post that essentially reads as

:Like the original post in this thread they labeled Complaint/Rant?"

First off, I would agree with you that there are such threads that degenerate quickly (or even possibly begin life as) little more than rants. You know the type: some variation of "I'm never going to play this game again because >x,y,z<".

Those are rarely constructive, though I admit they can be faintly entertaining. In moderation of course.

But a thread that begins that way does not necessarily have to end up that way. People can address the complaints with suggested fixes, such as I and others have done in this particular thread. That you disagree with the proposals does not render them "unviable"; it merely means you disagree with the suggestions, as is your right. But to make a blanket statement, as you did, that this thread is nothing more than merely another "rant" is simply not true.

Please use the quote function. Not doing so makes it difficult to respond or to know that you responded. I'd appreciate it.

The latter is a good question. Got an answer? I don't. Not one that we can implement aside from trying to harvest an opinion from the chaos of these forums. *

INNO could put up a poll of some sort? I'm really uncomfortable with INNO doing such for multiple reasons.

INNO has the answer I think. They know which QC Quests are not finished. I hope. Maybe they are already changing, swapping, rebalancing Quests?

The former question makes no sense, I explained why it's unviable immediately after the word.

I agree no one is asking to be entirely satisfied with their DC Quests every single day. I think it would be crazy to ask INNO to do.. The problem is what's happening collectively: So many people complaining about so many different quests.

This keeps boiluing down to this Which Quests do we get rid of? The ones you dislike? The ones others dislike?

Let me flip that: How mad are you going to be if they get rid of some other objected to Quest but retain the one you object to?

You didn;t answer the question of what you want to call such posts. You don't like the word complaint, I won't use it, but I'm not going to use circumlocutions while discussong them.

Please answer the question, what do you want to call them?

*You might not be happy with the results.

I've accused you of not paying attention several times in this thread. I'm going to keep betting that way.

Notice something odd in this thread? Take a look at the responses since your first post and what folk say about the Finish X Timed Productions Quests. I'm not surprised to see folk say that they object to it. Do you see it? People posting and not saying they object... They outnumber the people who object.

Been following the very discussion in Forge Hall titled Daily Supply Builfing Tasks? No? Aside from much more belligerence same thing there, the majority posting are not objecting.

When was the last time you read the official DC Feedback thread? Yup. Same thing there. The posts not saying anything about it vastly outnumber the complaints about this Quest. And the number of people who explicitly say they do not object to or even like this Quest is not negligible.

Check around, it's an interesting pattern. Interpret that how you will.

I have little doubt that the Finish X Timed Productions is the most compla'ned about DC QUest on these forums. It's also no where near a majority of the complaints. Removing this Quest will result in a lot more people unhappy then happy.

Last edited: