• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Complaint/rant about Daily Challenge

wolfhoundtoo

I think INNO heard the tavern silver outcry. When is the last time anyone had a 2500 requirement? I had one in the first few weeks and since then the highest I have had was 1000. I'm sure they have metrics for quest completion rates and if a certain quest is failed/not even attempted by whatever they deem as a too high percentage of players, then they might revise it.

Today. :)

DeletedUser34436

I agree with the people that find acquiring sectors on the campaign map annoying, but I’m just going to skip those days when it comes to it. It frustrates me losing progress, but it’s better than making progress I don’t want to make for a prize that isn’t worth to me making that advancement.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the prizes are great and having access to older set buildings again is a dream come true for me. But the chance to get it is too small for me to do even one thing that I can’t undo.

That’s just my personal preference to play the game slowly enough that I’ll never have a problem obtaining an event item I want. Say what you will about it, but I just don’t ever want to be in a place where I can’t get something because I ran too far too fast.

DeletedUser31771

Algona, do you know if a province that is available to scout but unscouted would not trigger a DC requirement to take sectors?

Mustapha00

Please use the quote function. Not doing so makes it difficult to respond or to know that you responded. I'd appreciate it.

No idea how to do more than quote the entire post and chop up the sections I wish to reply to. And no, I'm not all that interested in learning. I don't often have to reply to such lengthy responses.

The latter is a good question. Got an answer? I don't. Not one that we can implement aside from trying to harvest an opinion from the chaos of these forums. *

INNO could put up a poll of some sort? I'm really uncomfortable with INNO doing such for multiple reasons.

INNO has the answer I think. They know which QC Quests are not finished. I hope. Maybe they are already changing, swapping, rebalancing Quests?

The former question makes no sense, I explained why it's unviable immediately after the word.

A company that does not listen to its customers is a company soon destined to go out of business.

We have to use the tools we're given. Inno has provided this official Forum for those of us who care about the game enough to use our time to post our concerns, ideas and- yes- rants. Inno has staff members who come here, now and then, and answer posts and provide information and updates. Those are, indeed, welcome, but too infrequent (and probably so for a variety of reasons rather than just "corporate inertia" or whatever you want to call it).

I agree no one is asking to be entirely satisfied with their DC Quests every single day. I think it would be crazy to ask INNO to do.. The problem is what's happening collectively: So many people complaining about so many different quests.

This keeps boiluing down to this Which Quests do we get rid of? The ones you dislike? The ones others dislike?

Let me flip that: How mad are you going to be if they get rid of some other objected to Quest but retain the one you object to?

I'm requesting that they reduce the number of instances that a Produce Insane Number Of 5 Minute Supply subquests (or the like) be generated, not a complete elimination of them. It's not that I see such a quest; it's that I see it several times a week. Sometimes a DC has only two subquests. Sometimes it has five subquests. Why must it ever have five subquests? Limiting the number to, say, three or even four reduces the probability that you'll get the Insane Number Of Productions subquest, which is all I (and others) am asking for.

Will I be mad if they get rid of something I like and keep something I don't? Of course. I'm human after all.

You didn;t answer the question of what you want to call such posts. You don't like the word complaint, I won't use it, but I'm not going to use circumlocutions while discussong them.

Please answer the question, what do you want to call them?

It depends on the content and how it is expressed.

If it's all complaint, all bombast and no constructive nature to it at all, yeah it's a rant.

If it's complaint via constructive criticism with a suggestion of how to address the complaint, then it clearly moves past a ARant and deserves to be addressed in a serious way.

*You might not be happy with the results.

I've accused you of not paying attention several times in this thread. I'm going to keep betting that way.

Notice something odd in this thread? Take a look at the responses since your first post and what folk say about the Finish X Timed Productions Quests. I'm not surprised to see folk say that they object to it. Do you see it? People posting and not saying they object... They outnumber the people who object.

Been following the very discussion in Forge Hall titled Daily Supply Builfing Tasks? No? Aside from much more belligerence same thing there, the majority posting are not objecting.

When was the last time you read the official DC Feedback thread? Yup. Same thing there. The posts not saying anything about it vastly outnumber the complaints about this Quest. And the number of people who explicitly say they do not object to or even like this Quest is not negligible.

Check around, it's an interesting pattern. Interpret that how you will.

I have little doubt that the Finish X Timed Productions is the most compla'ned about DC QUest on these forums. It's also no where near a majority of the complaints. Removing this Quest will result in a lot more people unhappy then happy.

All that proves is that there are far more complaints about the way the DCs are implemented than merely the one I raise, but it in no way invalidates my proposition that it is complaint-worthy.

If your criteria is that every single poster- or even an overwhelming majority of posters- must complain about the exact same thing in the exact same way, then I guess nothing is wrong with the game at all because not everyone complains about the same thing in the same way.

You yourself concede that Timed Productions are "the most complained about DC Quest on these forums", yet you also seek to minimize those complaints. That would seem to me to be contradictory positions.

DeletedUser32389

I'm not all that interested in learning.
Just in case... You just highlight the part that you want to quote and hit the reply button that pops up
EgB3YBh.png

I'm not mocking you; knowledge is power.
Cheers

DeletedUser27184

Notice something odd in this thread? Take a look at the responses since your first post and what folk say about the Finish X Timed Productions Quests. I'm not surprised to see folk say that they object to it. Do you see it? People posting and not saying they object... They outnumber the people who object.
To strengthen Algona point, I am satisfied with the X timed production quests. If you want to do that quest, it can be done, you just need to build the city as to support it.
I got today the 95*15 minutes production quest. And apart from having to click 95 times the 15minutes, which is a bit annoying, I should finish it easily. I got 33 Hatters, so its 3 times to run through all the hatters to finish the quest. So I have to plan on an hour near the computer, with about 5 minutes of actual work (pressing 95 times on the hatters). So in about 2 hours from now, when I know that I will have a bit of time, I gonna do it.
So, 5 minutes work over an hour, doesn't sound like too hard a challenge for me. Its a grind quest, which is annoying, but not a problem.

You may not wish to build the city to support this ability. This is a decision (as was noted a lot by now) you choose to take.

As a side note I will say that to build the city to support this kind of quest is very efficient and worthy in all ages. You can always convert the production building 24 hour product into RQ's and earn a lot from there (i.e. you will earn tons of goods, medals and FP's). So if you want to have a stronger city, build your current age production buildings, and get both RQ's and Daily Quests at the same time.
If you add the CF into it, you can earn ***hundreds of goods every day, thousands of medals and 5-50 FPS per day*** (depend on the age).

Algona

Algona, do you know if a province that is available to scout but unscouted would not trigger a DC requirement to take sectors?

Yes. I acquired 8/10 PE provinces before DC started. I am yet to scout remaining 2 provinces. I have not seen any C Map quest on DC ever.

That is almost exactly my experience as well. I have not scouted a Province in my CE citys ince DCs started in my CE ity. I have not gotten any CMap DC Quests.

In my Colonial city the only time i get CMap DC Quests is when I have open Sectors.

In addition, I've seen and made this point about not scouting repeatedly all over these forums, I;ve seen one person disagree, and, well, they were not a reliable poster.

I can;t guarantee it, but I'd bet a lot on it.

----------

Thank you! I appreciate it you using the Quotes.

A company that does not listen to its customers is a company soon destined to go out of business.

If you insist but that's not what's happening here.

What is happening is that the forums show that a lot of people onject to Collect X Timed Productions more then any other DC Quest.

Bur much more importantly, The forums also show that many more people, the mast majority do not onject

Insinuating INNO is not listening to their customrs on this is not warranted.

All that proves is that there are far more complaints about the way the DCs are implemented than merely the one I raise, but it in no way invalidates my proposition that it is complaint-worthy.

Hmpj. I don;t see how you can respond with that. You haven;t read the DC Feedback thread,you;d know that htere are a subtantial number of pwplayers who voice support gor DCs. We have no idea if that holds true for the game in general.

Care to speculate on how many don;t do DCs? Think it's more or less who don't fo GE?

Two hints. We know how many play FE, it;s demonstrated every week in GEC standings. The only source we have for general satisfaction and dissatisfaction is stated in these forums.

If your criteria is that every single poster- or even an overwhelming majority of posters- must complain about the exact same thing in the exact same way, then I guess nothing is wrong with the game at all because not everyone complains about the same thing in the same way.

Try asking me. If you had rad that thread i referred you to in Forge Hall, you;d knoe.

You yourself concede that Timed Productions are "the most complained about DC Quest on these forums", yet you also seek to minimize those complaints.

Exactly correct.

That would seem to me to be contradictory positions.

If youe viewpoint is that anything positive comes from such complaints combined with the belief that a minority of players should get there way over the majority combined with believing that the majority of players will not be bothered when some Quest they don't object to is removed when what they do onject to is lef combined with the idea that something should be changed even though we have no idea of what that change shoulr be.

Then yeah, i giess my stance might seem contradictory.

It depends on the content and how it is expressed.

Thanks for answering my question.

We have to use the tools we're given. Inno has provided this official Forum for those of us who care about the game enough to use our time to post our concerns, ideas and- yes- rants. Inno has staff members who come here, now and then, and answer posts and provide information and updates. Those are, indeed, welcome, but too infrequent (and probably so for a variety of reasons rather than just "corporate inertia" or whatever you want to call it).

Right. But we can take the same steps I hope INNO is taking, We can analize what;s binf posted, we can compare what we see here to what we see in game, and we can discuss our findings and conclusions and see if we reach a concensus.

If we;re going to do that analysis I will gice a a lot more credence to somoone who demonstrates good thinking, has a long histroy of ppsting so I know they are experienced in the game, and demonstrates they read a lot if not all the Forum. You;re a good thinker, you demonstrated that when i first saw you arguing in the Dbate Hall. You are long term poster, you know the game. You;re not wide read. Nothing wrong with that, ut you dont now what the forums have to say on most subjects.

That does not mean your thoughts, opinions, ideas should be dismissed, you;re one of the posters whose posts should always be considered. It does mean that you sometimes don't know what is going on in the forums at large which can affect your opinions.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34436

Stop scouring. If you have no unscouted Provinces with open Sectors you will get no CMap DC Quests.

If capture all the sectors that are currently open, I won't get that in my DCs anymore? I'm just asking to clarify, I'm not feeling great today and it makes it harder for me to follow what you're saying.

But I wish the same were true of the Event Quests.

I'll do that from now on. Thank you very much for letting me know. I appreciate it.

Algona

If capture all the sectors that are currently open, I won't get that in my DCs anymore?

Correct. I won;t guarantee it, but I've never gotten a CMap DC Quest all Secotrs acquired. I've seen one player say they got one, but I don;t think that was a credible post. No other poster has disagreed, I believe a lot are using this.

Good luck.

Mustapha00

Just in case... You just highlight the part that you want to quote and hit the reply button that pops up
EgB3YBh.png

I'm not mocking you; knowledge is power.
Cheers

I did not take it that way at all.

I was quite serious when I said that I very rarely have to reply in such depth to a post. Whether I agree with him or not, Algona prompts careful thought on the part of would-be reply-ers like myself. With many others, frankly, I wouldn't bother to address point-by-point, but I do make an exception for him.