• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Completing IA GE4 within 6 weeks of starting a world

If I remember correctly, @Algona mentioned in a comment that he managed to get a city that could complete GE4 easily within 6 weeks of starting his world. What Great Buildings should I be working on to get to that point?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Traz isn't needed in IA to complete GE, GE provides plenty of troops for the battles you will do. What you need is lots of goods, so the LoA and/or Galata (level 10 or so), and Chateau (higher the better, 60+, IA is the best era for the Chateau imho) are great for providing those for negotiating through GE4, along with plenty of trading down with hoodies. I completed GE4 in every one of my cities from the first week I left BA, and in only one of them did I remain in BA for a prolonged period. Then once you have raised your attack enough to actually battle through GE4, you will already have enough troops on hand to battle without needing the Traz.

Traz IS needed for serious GBG battling in IA though, and by the time you are ready to put it down you will hopefully have gotten all your medal expansions from leveling your Arc first, along with the map expansions up to LMA (don't go further if you use a Chateau). Traz is huge, and that is a critical issue when space is limited.

MJ Artisan of War

The Attack Trio & Traz served me quite well in Iron Age for over a year... Then i jumped to LMA.... still got GE4 done from week one after skipping ahead...

Kranyar the Mysterious

The Attack Trio & Traz served me quite well in Iron Age for over a year... Then i jumped to LMA.... still got GE4 done from week one after skipping ahead...
I'm sure your Traz did serve you well, my point was that building it expressly for GE purposes really isn't necessary and takes up a huge amount of space that might be better used elsewhere.

GBG has changed the GB equation tremendously making the Traz a much better investment early on than it used to be, meanwhile reducing the value of a hyper-leveled Chateau somewhat overall. When I took my Chateau to level 100 in my IA main a couple of years ago, along with a 58 HC for supplies, GBG hadn't been introduced, and I still believe it was the best move I could have done at the time. Doubt I'd hyper-level anywhere near that far if I was in the same position now as I was back then. Probably would have built a Traz to 20 something and focused on hyper-leveling my Arc and combat 5 first before taking my Chateau beyond the sweet spot. The game changes, and we do need to adapt.

I'm also not sure that staying camped in IA for a prolonged time is as good of an idea anymore, though staying long enough to prep for a one day jump to FE like I did might still be a very profitable strategy. Even if not, it was a total rush.

Emberguard

If I remember correctly, @Algona mentioned in a comment that he managed to get a city that could complete GE4 easily within 6 weeks of starting his world. What Great Buildings should I be working on to get to that point?
If you can get the goods via trading down then you can get a city that can complete GE L4 within the first week. Then use the profit to raise your city to a point where once you've run out of your trading down goods you have enough incoming goods to self sustain

The first two levels of GE you don't really need much fighting boosts if you can successfully manual fight, then you can use goods to negotiate Levels 3 & 4. However not every new player will have the skills to know how to fight manually, you can always try auto battle and see how far that gets you before switching to negotiating

Great Buildings wise the attack trio (Zeus, Castel Del Monte and Cathedral of Aachen) are what would get you through fighting.

Goods wise you'd want as many goods buildings or alternate sources of goods as you can possibly place down in your city until you can raise up your attack to a point where you don't need goods as much (GE is going to take a awful lot of goods if you primarily negotiate)

That being said, whether or not you'd want to bother with the attack trio as your first GBs is highly debatable simply because what's available to you now is different from what would have been available in the past. It's possible to build up purely from event and special buildings your attack and defence boosts to a similar or same standard to what those GBs provide pretty quickly if you focus solely on those bonuses when going for special buildings. Which would then free up your Forge Points to build up Arc and anything that provides Goods such as Himeji, Galata, Lighthouse of Alexandrea etc

Edit: Given the goal is to complete 64 encounters I'd recommend you place down Temple of Relics as soon as you get the Blue Prints for it. You don't need to level it high, just place it down so you're getting some additional stuff out of Guild Expedition

Last edited: