• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Completing research and unlocking

• Thread starter DeletedUser18401
  • Start date

DeletedUser18401

After you pay the forge points to complete a research tree item, do you have to unlock the research to continue to the next tree or age. For example, I completed all research in the Iron Age. Now I am working on trees in the Early Middle Ages, and I completed research for two tree items, Multi-storied house and Tanning, but I did not unlock them. Shouldn't I have received the town hall for the Middle Ages? The Multi-storied house is 600 diamonds, and I already have the cottage, which I spent 600 diamond for.

DeletedUser8152

You don't actually complete a research until you pay the unlock cost. So you'll move up to EMA as soon as you unlock an EMA tech. And you need to unlock a tech to continue up the tech tree from there.

DeletedUser18401

Do I have to unlock every technology? Or, can I skip some?

DeletedUser8152

Most technologies are required to advance up the tech tree, so you need to unlock them to advance. But you don't need to unlock any "dead end" techs, like Craftwork or Agriculture.

(In fact it is sometimes smart to leave an incomplete tech, because when special events come along they often have a quest to complete a tech, and then you can go back an unlock an earlier one. But I wouldn't do that with an expansion tech like Craftwork or Agriculture.)

DeletedUser1862

There are also some quests in later ages which ask you to complete all the research of age 'x' and then you get a decent reward.
Generally, I would rush through the research only to get the techs you wish finished and leave the rest if you suddenly need a place to dump your FP or you get a quest (normal or event driven) which asks you to get a certain tech finished.
In the case of the premium research, you can skip it without penalty even for the 'finish all' quest for that age.