• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Computer armies at +75%?

DeletedUser10215

In trying to conquer Tarmelmann, I see that their armies are fighting with 75% bonuses to attack. I seem to recall other computer-controlled armies with the same or similar bonuses.

Is this working as intended? It seems like quite an unfair buff to the computer.

DeletedUser25428

I noticed that also. Iron age troops that have invisible and huge bonuses.

DeletedUser25273

Different areas of the continent have different built in boosts, just as different players will have different boosts. The boosts on the continent will generally be increasing as you advance, as YOUR boost is expected to be increasing, and they battles should be a bit of a challenge. Some provinces/sectors may have an extra boost to make them particularly challenging.

DeletedUser8152

Do note you aren't really expected to defeat these boosted sectors using iron age troops.

Mustapha00

Almost certainly working as intended.

One thing I did notice is that, not always but often, computer troops with very high bonuses will actually be an Era earlier than other computer controlled troops on the PvE map. It makes it insanely difficult to win with same-Era troops, but, if you're patient, a much easier fight with one-Era higher troops.

DeletedUser25428

Yes, even with their bonuses I used a good mix of middle age troops and beat them but it was a good fight and came down to the wire.

DeletedUser25950

There is one sector in Tamarlane(sp?) , that is fairly easy to beat, Because the computer troop mix is really weak against 1 or 2 unit types. The rest of those sectors with good unit mixes are hard to beat unless you have all EMA and some fair bonuses.

However note, you are fighting all IA troops, so you have to use ALL IA to get the Tower points and you won't get EMA Tower points(IIRC). As I said one battle is fair, the rest are very tough using all IA w/o good bonuses. Winning all the battles might help your IA Tower standing , but it is going to come at a high cost in units , IF you can even win against those +75% troops.

My suggestion is buy that province off (all sectors) minus that 1 sector or if you spot another one with a serious troop weakness you can exploit(I don't recall there being one for the other sectors). You want the Monastery award is all. It is good to have ( like a fairly high "Kremlin" in a 2x2), so you can drop it and fight off plundering neighbors ,if, or when you have any.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

However note, you are fighting all IA troops, so you have to use ALL IA to get the Tower points and you won't get EMA Tower points(IIRC). As I said one battle is fair, the rest are very tough using all IA w/o good bonuses. Winning all the battles might help your IA Tower standing , but it is going to come at a high cost in units , IF you can even win against those +75% troops.
There is no requirement to use IA troops for these battles. You can use EMA or HMA troops for it, and then you'll score points for the EMA or HMA tower. (Though not a lot of points since the IA troop values are low.)

DeletedUser25950

There is no requirement to use IA troops for these battles. You can use EMA or HMA troops for it, and then you'll score points for the EMA or HMA tower. (Though not a lot of points since the IA troop values are low.)
Thank You Jaelis, I could not recall how it worked, only that it was/is really is not worth it, IMO, no matter the troops you use. As you mentioned-about the points being low, The one battle I won , I could not figure out if or where I got points in, because I had a fair amount of points in multiple towers. It did not change my standing. I am not a serious per battle - point counter,
I just note my rank in towers.

DeletedUser25273

And you don't need all your troops in one age to get tower points, they just go to the tower matching the highest age troop in your army.

DeletedUser25950

And you don't need all your troops in one age to get tower points, they just go to the tower matching the highest age troop in your army.
Right you just need one to match the defensive army age. For the quest which ended with these super IA troops, you needed an EMA troop fighting barbarians to get EMA tower credit. Use all IA fighting barbarians you won't get EMA tower credit. At the end, with the "super-troopers" apparently, it is different.

DeletedUser8152

Right you just need one to match the defensive army age.
No, you don't need any units to match the defensive army age. But you just need one HMA unit to score your points in the HMA tower (assuming your other units are all EMA or lower).

DeletedUser25273

Right you just need one to match the defensive army age.

You don't need any troops matching the defending army (as far as I know). For example, when killing two spear-fighters you don't need a bronze army in your attack to get credit. I think someone is getting confused with GvG where all armies in the battle will be of the same age.

DeletedUser25950

No, you don't need any units to match the defensive army age. But you just need one HMA unit to score your points in the HMA tower (assuming your other units are all EMA or lower).

I am think we may be not understanding each other. I am looking at all this from having a lower age army on average(IA) and having to "step up" to fight Barbarians, Not worrying about "stepping down" to fight them from HMA or whatever.. Barbarians (not the super IA ending troops of that quest) are EMA. When I fought them I have to have at least 1 EMA troop with my 7 other IA troops , otherwise I did not get credit in the EMA tower. I screwed up once and used 4 mounted warrior and 4 ballistas( or combo near that using all IA) , I didn't get EMA credit. I don't mean to argue with a mod and someone who certainly knows far more about the game than I do. I am relating my own experience. Perhaps my memory is wrong, perhaps it was a game bug ,IDK, I just recall going, "well, I am not doing that again" , as I was in a battle for between placing 2 and3 in the EMA tower that week.

DeletedUser13452

Bottom line for the OP is that the game is working as designed. It gets tough sometimes, but you can overcome these sectors. You should build GBs that give you better boost and use "terrain" boosts and "vs. unit" boosts to defeat these tough armies. You can also wait till you have higher age troops before you go back to fight these battles.

As for the tower points. The way it works is, you get tower points in the tower that represents the highest age unit in your army. Whether you have 1 unit of that age, or all 8 units of that age, you will only get points in 1 tower and it will be that of the highest age unit you used in that battle.

DeletedUser25273

When you fought with IA units, you got IA credit for it. If you were focusing on looking at EMA, you might not have noticed the IA credit. You generally always get the credit in the tower of the highest age unit in your army (You can lose the credit if you haven't unlocked that tower).

DeletedUser8152

When I fought them I have to have at least 1 EMA troop with my 7 other IA troops , otherwise I did not get credit in the EMA tower.
Yes that is certainly correct. But the point is that your opponent troops are irrelevant here. If you use 1 EMA + 7 IA troops, you'll get EMA tower credit if you fight bronze age defenders, or any other age. So if you're thinking that the barbarians being EMA matters at all, then that's not right. But perhaps you are not thinking that.

DeletedUser25950

Sorry for Late reply TY, my issue is done for the +75% prov , if anyone wants to take this somewhere.