• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Connect Forum account to game account.

Jern2017

I used the "desktop mode" on my smartphone's browser, tapped on the link and got a message saying my account has been linked.

DeletedUser31499

I'm at a loss trying to find that message again so I can try it on my Mac.

DeletedUser31499

Should be from July 24th and if it’s not linked then again last Friday

My feed doesn't go back that far or else I'm looking in the wrong place for the message. I'm going to wait. I'm sure
Inno will send out another message before they delete my content here. Thank you for the help.

Emberguard

My feed doesn't go back that far or else I'm looking in the wrong place for the message. I'm going to wait. I'm sure
Inno will send out another message before they delete my content here. Thank you for the help.
click on inbox
Show all....

DevaCat

Do you see this page when clicking the link? If yes click on More Info, log into the desktop version. Go back to your PM and click the link again

View attachment 16619
I have seen that page (repeatedly), but I have never seen the successfully been linked message.

I just got back from in-game where I was trying to check the status of a ticket I made July 31, which was to report that the problem persists and to describe step by step (painfully and laboriously through the game lag) the endless loop I've mentioned. Seems I had made the unforgivable error of creating another ticket instead of sending the report to the existing "answered" ticket. Silly me.

So I set out to recreate my report (the helpful folk do not simply forward your message) with the same lag issues, almost finished and boom -- white message box of doom and all my tapping lost. Nice buggy support system (has been off and on for weeks). I intend to try to contact Support-- again-- through the forum link and will report back what I learn (if anything).

This whole process is ridiculous and not at all easy (for us, for them -- maybe). In my case, it is 8 steps and then entering an endless loop. I am reasonably intelligent (some may quibble) and can follow reasonably clear instructions-- that work. I'm another person who uses the same name in game as in forum. Only difference is different passwords. Why not a single response by me to a single message sent by Inno to my email account?

Agent327

Most probably everyone... or i think mainly for members whose forum account was not already linked to server account....if you didn't get it don't worry about it.

Most likely I think only the acounts that were active before the first announcement about inacvtive accounts being deleted.

I have seen that page (repeatedly), but I have never seen the successfully been linked message.

You should get that the second time you try the link.

DevaCat

Most likely I think only the acounts that were active before the first announcement about inacvtive accounts being deleted.

You should get that the second time you try the link.
Yep, I should, but all that happens that second time is that I'm taken back to the us0.forgeofempires.com page with the "Link forum account" message box, and it says "To login" -- no "success" message has ever appeared. Selecting either "To login" or "More information" (I have tried both) simply begins an endless loop.

Nicholas002

I have a ticket in and will check in a bit. Yep, most unintuitive description of what to do. In my case following my best understanding of instructions puts me in an endless loop lol.
You should make guide: “Deva Cat’s Version of Heavy Messaging”. This strategy would leverage recurring messages instead of quests.

DevaCat

Support responded. Said they are aware of the problem I have described, and that a "manual fix" is coming with Wednesday's update.

Graviton

I've received that message twice now. The first time I clicked on it and followed the link and everything appeared to be fine. It then popped up again last week. I completely ignored it. I think somebody at Inno got trigger-happy with the messaging system.

Lancer

Why do I have to link my Ingame account to my Forum account? I received a message that was threatening. I've been playing FoE for 8 years now and never received a message like this. The message said, "If I don't link my accounts, my account will be deleted." Please explain to me what this is about.
Your forum account would be deleted not the in game account.

Lancer

I'm currently having an issue with this as well because my game account has a different name than my forum account and so I was unable to link them myself. Support may end up having to change my forum account name to match my game account. I'm still trying to figure it out.

ODragon

Your forum account would be deleted not the in game account.

I hope they can fix it without that rigmarole. IMHO, it is much better to have moderators with separate names so you can differentiate a mod post from a player's opinion.