1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

[Not A Bug] constant telling me to get flash player

Discussion in 'Addressed' started by tstar99, Jun 16, 2017.

1. tstar99

tstar99 Member

really guys get rid of the damn thing. it interrupts game play causing pissed of players. and lose of revenue for you. do something please. I have windows 10 with flash player embedded. there is nothing you can tell me to make it work better. it's you it's always been you . smarten up and keep players who really want to be here.

2. tstar99

tstar99 Member

been playing for almost 4 yrs.. it's terrible that you care more about growing than taking care of players.the fact is the more you grow the more problems we have playing. figure it out.

oberyn martell and Fat Drippy like this.
  3. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Sounds like a windows 10 and flash player issue, not FOE...I run chrome and have not seen this at all.

4. Truelaw

Truelaw Member

You are a poor excuse for a Lead Forum Moderator. Get someone who actually works for FoE to say something as stupid as this or does your title as "staff" mean that this is an official company position? Just to let you know, Google and Microsoft are both taking Flash out of their browsers. They want devs to use HTML5 (and so they should) because Flash is a security hole of endless proportions. We all put up with Flash crashes and errors. We don't say anything anymore partly because of stupid replies like yours. Perhaps we should all just quit playing. The game is running to an end of eras anyway and the stupid new building sets are more annoying than they are really useful. You had a good run, now is time to polish up your resume and look for your next gig

5. Lace deHawke

Lace deHawke New Member

l keep having problems opening multiple tabs. It's slowed down my game and forced me to cut down on my worlds - lots of upset guildies! Trying to do GvG during recalc is a nightmare!!!

6. Fat Drippy

Fat Drippy New Member

I have been completely locked out of the game due to this flash thing Microsoft win 10 will NOT allow the download of what they want us to install...the game worked perfectly 2 days ago before someone got a bright idea..even though they have announced somewhere here that Flash is becoming a thing of the past. Looks like i have been forced to quit playing due to their change..smh FOE can either fix this or expect a sudden loss of players if others are being done the same way. Thank you FOE for forcing me out of the game just because some programmer couldnt see beyond the end of his nose. Dissapointed at the lack of support for long time players...
    Fat Drippy
    Dunarsand
    Lions Pride

7. Fat Drippy

Fat Drippy New Member

I was running chrome also maybe u have special privelages? Besided it really doesnt look like you have been around here very long anyway to really care about peoples time investment in this game. Believe me it is a FOE problem I was in the game when it hit!!!

8. Dursland

Dursland I am Dursland Forum Moderator

FoE is already planning a switch to HTML5 in first half of 2018.

9. ForGotten3

ForGotten3 Active Member

Let all be friends :)

RaveWolf likes this.
  10. peeweesrevenge

peeweesrevenge Active Member

LOL folk in this post must be bullet-proof (I know I'm not)

We could call in the TeleTubbies!!! :D

11. Kasa M-Cabe

Kasa M-Cabe New Member

Firefox 55 and 56 no longer support flash player, therefore FOE does not run on firefox anymore. How are you getting around this problem? For now I keep re-installing ff54, but that's a very poor solution. Chrome messes up a number of other things, so I can't use that. ideas?

12. Dursland

Dursland I am Dursland Forum Moderator

Tried Opera? Actually works very well with FoE.

13. spnnr

spnnr Well-Known Member

Hope it goes better than the partial rollout weeks ago of incidents on live servers ..

14. rimadal

rimadal New Member

i play on 3 worlds using opera.. i have no issues logging into 2 of my worlds , L & N , but for some reason when i try to log in to world 3 , W , it tells me to download flash...now i have flash and it works just fine on 2 worlds but not on the 3rd,,, this CANNOT be my issue so inno i suggest you start working on a fix

oberyn martell likes this.
  15. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

Your flash may be blocked on that server...you can enable the flash for that server by following the directions on the alert..this does happen from time to time and not only on this game...takes but a few seconds...Good luck

16. InfamousChan

InfamousChan Well-Known Member

Google Chrome
    Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox ESR
    52.5.0 (32-bit)

Adobe Flash Player 27.0 r0

No flash issue.

17. jazama

jazama New Member

went to play the game last nite and it wants me to install Adobe Flash Player. but i already have it. so i uninstalled and reinstalled and it still does the same thing. acting like it's not already there. i tried a different browser and no dice. same problem. haven't had an issue like this since i started playing a year ago. not sure how to fix it. could mean the end of my being able to play if i can't get it figured out

18. purps99

purps99 Active Member

I am not very techy but search online how to enable programs to work in flash. Basically you can go to browser settings and allow FOE to work with flash as sometimes it appears on the un-trusted sites (friend had this issue).

19. jazama

jazama New Member

found a fix. i had been using opera. now i'm using crome and it works but crome has never worked on my computer since it was brand new. but i guess now it does. flash still doesn't work on any other browser and i can't find any settings to change that. dunno what happened but glad i tried crome on the off chance it would work. was my last resort. all is well now

Dursland likes this.
  20. oberyn martell

oberyn martell Member

What alert? Why would flash all of a sudden be blocked on a specific server of a specific world? I use Opera because Chrome STOPPED working years ago, but am told to download flash for A world while B and C work fine. Please site "the alert" you mention. Thanks.