Contest Idea contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Snowbelle, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Snowbelle

Snowbelle Staff Staff Member Lead Forum Moderator

Hello everyone!

You read that correctly. Your forum staff is looking for ideas for contests we should run. Please provide a suggestion or a full contest here. We will choose 5 winners, who will receive 100 forge points, a grand prize winner will receive 250 forge points.

Please state your world when you submit your idea.

We hope to have lots of fun and inventive contests for the rest of the year.

Contest ideas may have to be changed slightly in order to run them. Just because the ideas are suggested does not mean that Forum mods will use them. Ideas may be used in months or even years out. We do appreciate your help in making the forum a fun place to visit and win prizes.

You may enter multiple ideas. Each giving you a chance to win.

This will run until August 31. 2017 at midnight EST .

Thank you for your help!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Manda the first and Lancer like this.
  2. viperwolf ko

viperwolf ko Member

Suggestion
    Foe Trivia.

eg. 1 When was the 'Negotiate' feature added to GE?
    2 Who does the FOE section of Innogames TV

Snowbelle likes this.
  3. Manda the first

Manda the first Well-Known Member

FoE oriented riddles.

1) First correct answer wins. Example: On horse I trot, until I'm not. I defeat then return to retreat. What am I? Answer would be a champion.
    2) Second contest could be coming up with the riddles and PMing them to the Mod.

Noarsil

Snowbelle likes this.
  4. Lord Muggle

Lord Muggle Active Member

An In-Game Scavenger Hunt ( don't know if this has been done before)
    So my idea is for an In-Game Scavenger Hunt! You describe something in the game... for instance, let's say a Bronze Age tree - You start off with three and I am green.
    First one to find what it is wins. Might be a bit complicated by that's my idea.

Snowbelle likes this.
  5. Darth Mole

Darth Mole Active Member

What 4 buildings are shown here?

Bob.png
    The idea is to take a snapshot of parts of a city and to identify what is shown.
    The question can be anything relating to the picture - even 'What is the girl screaming in the centre of the maze?'
    For example here we have a Sacred skywatch with parts of Babel, CoA and St Marks.

I thank you.
    Should I win then S world is my chosen city

Snowbelle likes this.
  6. Scorp

Scorp New Member

C world

7. Darth Mole

Darth Mole Active Member

Name that Avatar!
    Post a picture of a normal ingame avatar and the best name posted wins whatever is on offer.

I thank you
    S world

Snowbelle likes this.
  8. Darth Mole

Darth Mole Active Member

Poker:
    Take a snapshot of your best hand (has to be current not an old saved one) and highest hand in a certain period of time - (like one day) wins the prize
    Here we have a pair of whatevers
    poker.png

I thank you
    S World please

Snowbelle likes this.
  9. Snowbelle

Snowbelle Staff Staff Member Lead Forum Moderator

What is your contest idea?

Such great ideas. Thank you so much if more pop into your head please add them here.

10. Praetorius

Praetorius Active Member

A War of Ages

The player builds an attack team from a varied, pre-selected assortment of Bronze Age units. (All units the player uses are supplied by the contest) After choosing which units make up their team the player fights against wave after wave of enemies, with the enemies growing in number and leveling up in age every so often. The player fights as many battles as possible until they lose or decide to quit. Afterwards the player can build a new team and start the process over for another attempt.

All combat bonuses from outside the contest are ignored (ie: Zeus, CDM, speaker's corner etc.) Damage incurred carries over but the player is allowed to heal a limited amount of damage (5) in between fights for free.

Each battle won earns the player Battle Points which can be used for prizes or purchasing upgrades for their team. With the amount of Battle Points increasing with each consecutive fight won. After winning a battle, the player can choose to quit, continue, or take a break from their streak.

Upgrades that can be bought include:
    Attack bonus
    Defense Bonus
    Increased Healing after wins
    Upgrading the Age of their units

Each upgrade can be purchased multiple times but the price increases with each tier.

(all upgrades bought are carried over thru the duration of the contest but are applied only to the contest)

Fel Dranghyr

11. goldeneagle1001

goldeneagle1001 New Member

number of players that went on FoE on a given day,
    or the length of total time people played FoE a given day (to show how popular and awesome FoE is!:))
    or name a building with.... (for example, a "c" in its name)
    the player with most answers wins, top 5 get prizes.
    name a building with.... a "c" in its name.
    name a building that has color blue in it.
    name a building that was a possible prize during the 2017 summer event.
    and so on.
    only 1 answer may be given at a time, and only 1 entry/post a day. Duplicates will not be counted.
    hope my ideas are good! thanks so much! ;)

I am a colonial age player who loves this game. From
    Noarsil world.