• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Contest Idea contest

• Thread starter DeletedUser21322
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser21322

Hello everyone!

You read that correctly. Your forum staff is looking for ideas for contests we should run. Please provide a suggestion or a full contest here. We will choose 5 winners, who will receive 100 forge points, a grand prize winner will receive 250 forge points.

Please state your world when you submit your idea.

We hope to have lots of fun and inventive contests for the rest of the year.

Contest ideas may have to be changed slightly in order to run them. Just because the ideas are suggested does not mean that Forum mods will use them. Ideas may be used in months or even years out. We do appreciate your help in making the forum a fun place to visit and win prizes.

You may enter multiple ideas. Each giving you a chance to win.

This will run until August 31. 2017 at midnight EST .

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29407

Suggestion
Foe Trivia.

eg. 1 When was the 'Negotiate' feature added to GE?
2 Who does the FOE section of Innogames TV

DeletedUser27889

FoE oriented riddles.

1) First correct answer wins. Example: On horse I trot, until I'm not. I defeat then return to retreat. What am I? Answer would be a champion.
2) Second contest could be coming up with the riddles and PMing them to the Mod.

Noarsil

DeletedUser28670

An In-Game Scavenger Hunt ( don't know if this has been done before)
So my idea is for an In-Game Scavenger Hunt! You describe something in the game... for instance, let's say a Bronze Age tree - You start off with three and I am green.
First one to find what it is wins. Might be a bit complicated by that's my idea.

Darth Mole

What 4 buildings are shown here?

Bob.png
The idea is to take a snapshot of parts of a city and to identify what is shown.
The question can be anything relating to the picture - even 'What is the girl screaming in the centre of the maze?'
For example here we have a Sacred skywatch with parts of Babel, CoA and St Marks.

I thank you.
Should I win then S world is my chosen city

Darth Mole

Poker:
Take a snapshot of your best hand (has to be current not an old saved one) and highest hand in a certain period of time - (like one day) wins the prize
Here we have a pair of whatevers
poker.png

I thank you
S World please

Praetorius

A War of Ages

The player builds an attack team from a varied, pre-selected assortment of Bronze Age units. (All units the player uses are supplied by the contest) After choosing which units make up their team the player fights against wave after wave of enemies, with the enemies growing in number and leveling up in age every so often. The player fights as many battles as possible until they lose or decide to quit. Afterwards the player can build a new team and start the process over for another attempt.

All combat bonuses from outside the contest are ignored (ie: Zeus, CDM, speaker's corner etc.) Damage incurred carries over but the player is allowed to heal a limited amount of damage (5) in between fights for free.

Each battle won earns the player Battle Points which can be used for prizes or purchasing upgrades for their team. With the amount of Battle Points increasing with each consecutive fight won. After winning a battle, the player can choose to quit, continue, or take a break from their streak.

Upgrades that can be bought include:
Attack bonus
Defense Bonus
Increased Healing after wins
Upgrading the Age of their units

Each upgrade can be purchased multiple times but the price increases with each tier.

(all upgrades bought are carried over thru the duration of the contest but are applied only to the contest)

Fel Dranghyr

DeletedUser29660

number of players that went on FoE on a given day,
or the length of total time people played FoE a given day (to show how popular and awesome FoE is!:))
or name a building with.... (for example, a "c" in its name)
the player with most answers wins, top 5 get prizes.
name a building with.... a "c" in its name.
name a building that has color blue in it.
name a building that was a possible prize during the 2017 summer event.
and so on.
only 1 answer may be given at a time, and only 1 entry/post a day. Duplicates will not be counted.
hope my ideas are good! thanks so much! ;)

I am a colonial age player who loves this game. From
Noarsil world.

DeletedUser29390

How about a Daily Lottery. You already have the infrastructure. The prize or prizes don't need to crazy awsome, that's what the monthly is for.
Even a weekly lottery as well.

Thank you for the time and most wonderful game to whittle away time with,

World of Tuulech

DeletedUser28670

How about a Daily Lottery. You already have the infrastructure. The prize or prizes don't need to crazy awsome, that's what the monthly is for.
Even a weekly lottery as well.

Thank you for the time and most wonderful game to whittle away time with,

World of Tuulech
Off topic: don't we already have that?

DeletedUser21322

Thank you everyone for suggestions. This is now closed. Winners will be picked and notified soon

DeletedUser21322

Winners have been contacted within the forum. Thank you everyone for your ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.