• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Contest!! Mother's Day 2016

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser8152

OMG! It's Mother's Day, have you gotten your mother a gift? How about a little extra surprise, with help from FoE: Modify your city to spell out the word "Mom" or a similar message using buildings, roads, and/or decorations. Post a screenshot here, and sent one to your mom as well... let her know you're thinking of her, not just playing on the computer all the time!

momart.png

Entries can be posted to this thread by by Tuesday May 10, at midnight EST. A panel of bona fide moms will select their favorites. The top three winners will each receive prizes reflecting a mother's gifts:
One shrine of knowledge
One tree of love
100 goods of your age
250 diamonds

To enter, post a screen shot of your city in this thread, and state what world your city is in. You can enter once for each city you have (but you can only win once). Prizes go to the world of the winning city, and diamonds to your general account as usual.

You can find directions for posting a screen shot here:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/how-to-post-a-screen-shot.13566/

RESULTS:
The winners by mothers' approval are:
- Glarg (O world)
- Algona (M world)
- Bar-Illiniwek (T world)

Congratulations to each of them, they win the full care package! Furthermore, everyone who entered will be award a Tree of Love, because that's what your mother would hope for! Thanks to all for playing the contest!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25819

sure next expansion will do, but there is no room to move anything in my citi...no room to move!

DeletedUser25494

I can't get the screenshot posted. When I paste the screenshot in this message and click on Post Reply, it tells me "413 Request Entity Too Large", and when I try to upload the file, it gives me an error message. Is there a specific way screenshots must be posted?

DeletedUser25494

My city is in the Tuulech world, but I can't get the screenshot to post.

DeletedUser25494

Your system won't allow me to post the screenshot, or upload a file. I tore up my entire city, and I can't even post a screenshot to your thread for entry. I also posted two entries to this thread explaining this, and they've both disappeared.

Algona

I don't know how to post a pic either. Thee was a great thread about it somewhere, I can't seem to find it now. Maybe sticky such a thread in this forum as well?

DeletedUser25494

Your system won't allow me to post the screenshot, or upload a file. I tore up my entire city, and I can't even post a screenshot to your thread for entry. I also posted two entries to this thread explaining this, and they've both disappeared.
Now that I've posted this statement, the 2 previous posts have reappeared. I don't get what's going on with this thread.

DeletedUser25494

I don't know how to post a pic either. Thee was a great thread about it somewhere, I can't seem to find it now. Maybe sticky such a thread in this forum as well?
You should be able to take the screenshot by pressing the "PRINT SCREEN" key on your keyboard, then just paste (ctrl-V) in the body of your message, but I get an error saying it's too much information. You might try it and see if it works for you. At least then I'll know the problem is on my computer, not the system.

DeletedUser14197

sure next expansion will do, but there is no room to move anything in my citi...no room to move!

If I was to do this, I would start a new city. It probably wouldn't take too long to be able to do it, it just may not be too interesting. Maybe I should try with my lowest level city, but with my luck, I wouldn't figure out how to post.

DeletedUser25494

You were right, Algona. If you search for "practice posting screenshot", there's a thread which explains you have to upload to an image website first and post the link. It seems an awful lot of work to just post a screenshot, but I did it. Good luck! I'm going to go fix my city now from all the damage I did to enter this contest.