• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Continent Map Battles in Modern Age Are A Money Grab

Lady Gato

Good advice, but @Graviton pointed out in his post #29 that GB levels don't stop at 10, which the op clearly did not read as evidenced by his post #33. We didn't overlook it. Kind of dumbfounded that anyone could play that long and not understand that GB levels continue. But the op is not listening, nor is he interested in listening.

SNIP
Mea culpa, mea culpa -- I missed the fact that you and Vger Had pointed that out. Will you guys forgive me?????

I am so glad that you guys are on MY side.

Got to go -- weather channel is on.

AwesomeAadi10

Good advice, but @Graviton pointed out in his post #29 that GB levels don't stop at 10, which the op clearly did not read as evidenced by his post #33. We didn't overlook it. Kind of dumbfounded that anyone could play that long and not understand that GB levels continue. But the op is not listening, nor is he interested in listening. He says:

"Needless to say, if I can't go much further without jumping to the next era and it would be better to just start over, I'll just find another game to play."

I am sorry if I come across harsh or unsympathetic, but I have engaged with players like this in-game, and they are unreachable. They will counter every well-intentioned suggestion for improving their game with some counter for why it will not work. They will give the appearance of looking for help when in fact they intend to continue to do whatever they are doing regardless of the help they are offered. It's why I said in effect that trying to help this person any further is a waste of time.
I’ve tend to notice players who do this do this because they are trying to prove to themselves and everyone else that they’re doing everything right and there’s no need to change or do anything that would require extra work since they don’t want to do the work. It’s a kind of “lazy” thought process.

dA tRUE nOOB

Just saying having a Traz REALLY helps with fighting, using 6 rogues with 6 battle tanks or champs depending on whether or not bazooka dudes are present is pretty good, even in PMA map
Also, my city's not the best (145% att and 75% def), yet I found ME map to be easy enough...

At no point (in single player) are you given an army above your age to face unless you’ve specifically advanced further then your age.

?? Newbie here. I'm in EMA ( b/c of a late-night miss-click,) and I have nothing from any later era. I can only advance on the Continent Map by negotiating, b/c the existing rulers' units are from HMA and LMA. Do those not count as above my age?

Negotiating is fine, btw, but I think I can see that eventually I will stall out.

Thanks for your assistance.

Best,
Zerbino il Distruttore
Visit Beautiful Zerbopolis soon I WILL DESTROY YOU! No, no pay no attention to that last bit. It's the family motto, which I am trying to live down. Nothing personal.

planetofthehumans2

?? Newbie here. I'm in EMA ( b/c of a late-night miss-click,) and I have nothing from any later era. I can only advance on the Continent Map by negotiating, b/c the existing rulers' units are from HMA and LMA. Do those not count as above my age?

Negotiating is fine, btw, but I think I can see that eventually I will stall out.

Thanks for your assistance.

Best,
Zerbino il Distruttore
Visit Beautiful Zerbopolis soon I WILL DESTROY YOU! No, no pay no attention to that last bit. It's the family motto, which I am trying to live down. Nothing personal.
The game doesn't really mean for you to advance in one area and not your whole city. Do you really think they want you to negotiate all the way to SAAB? They want you to level up into HMA unless there's a reason you're staying in EMA?

Kranyar the Mysterious

My main city is in Iron Age and easily defeated all the troops on the Continent Map to the end of LMA. Why? Because I camped for the last 2½ years I've been playing and built up my city.

My city production is over 400 fp per day, but actual production is way, way higher. Why? Because I built a lot of fp producing event buildings and leveled up all of the great buildings that produce fp (except InnoTower) to over level 60. I also built and leveled my Arc to above level 80 and donate to a lot of other peoples buildings. This has given me full sets of prints for every great building, even the ones I never plan to build, and I have hundreds of full sets for some buildings sitting in my inventory.

I don't have any goods buildings. Why? I built and leveled my Chateau Frontenac to level 100 and do hundreds of recurring quests every day, giving me thousands of goods daily as well as tons of blueprints and medals, and a few hundred fp daily.

I don't have any military buildings except a lone Rogue Den. Why? Because I built my Alcatraz great building and leveled it up. GE provides all the regular troops I need, Traz provides the Rogues. Also I don't lose many troops even though I'm approaching 20k fights because...

My attack is 347/287 and defense is 50/91. Why? because I leveled up (or in the process of leveling up) all of my military great buildings to 70+. I have also built lots of event buildings that give an attack or attack defense boost. My defensive stats are just a byproduct of buildings that either give fp or attack bonus. Having high attack statistics allows me to play extensively in Guild Battlegrounds and all the way to the end of GE giving me thousands more fp, and a lot of other stuff.

Because I built up my Arc and donate to other's great buildings extensively I was able to purchase all of the medal expansions a long time ago. Because I play to the end of GE every week I earn a lot of diamonds, which allowed me to purchase all the available diamond expansions without needing to spend any real money on them, as well as spending diamonds on some events without spending real money, and I still have over 10k diamonds sitting in my inventory for future age expansions. Traz and event buildings provide all my happiness. Event buildings provide all my population.

It is all one great big feedback loop.

Do you need to camp in an era as long as I have to be this successful? No, absolutely not, but not advancing eras too rapidly allows you time to build up all aspects of your city and game. I did so because I wanted to. I have other cities to experience the different ages. I have this one set up this way because that is what I want to do, not what anyone else has told me to do. Play your own game, but if you are having trouble and you don't consider other's advice and implement that which will help you play your game better (while still being your game), then you will inevitably flounder and fail.

And I did it as all as a basically free player.

Last edited:

Nicholas002

My attack is 347/287 and defense is 50/91. Why? because I leveled up (or in the process of leveling up) all of my military great buildings to 70+. I have also built lots of event buildings that give an attack or attack defense boost.
For someone starting now, it would be possible to get a way higher attack boost in 2.5 years, due to the many event buildings.

I started in April of this year, and have a boost of 200%/200%, and my attack GBs are only at 10. After I build this fall event set, it will be around 248%/216%.

I was wondering, with event buildings giving so much attack nowadays, when does it become better to build AO and Kraken rather than leveling Zeus/CdM/CoA way up there?

Kranyar the Mysterious

For someone starting now, it would be possible to get a way higher attack boost in 2.5 years, due to the many event buildings.

I started in April of this year, and have a boost of 200%/200%, and my attack GBs are only at 10. After I build this fall event set, it will be around 248%/216%.

I was wondering, with event buildings giving so much attack nowadays, when does it become better to build AO and Kraken rather than leveling Zeus/CdM/CoA way up there?
AO is great in GBG because it only works with same age troops, not so worthwhile in GE or neighborhood if you are using higher era troops (or fighting lower era).

Kraken tries get used up really quick and early in GBG usually. Still useful, but I don't think near as much as AO.

Personally, I'd still recommend raising the combat trio as much as possible first, but others may have a different take.

Mustapha00

Of course it is.

But then so is most of the rest of the game.

That's not a knock against Inno. If they want to meet the payroll, they have to make some money somewhere, be it advertising or from (some of) their players.

The game doesn't really mean for you to advance in one area and not your whole city. Do you really think they want you to negotiate all the way to SAAB? They want you to level up into HMA unless there's a reason you're staying in EMA?
Yes, I get the game devs' intent. And that was the way I was playing until I noticed that many of my high-level neighbors were still in the Iron Age. At first I thought they had just found a way to keep their Town Halls (which, IMO, are the nicest-looking ones,) but then I realized they had just stayed in the Iron Age while getting all these GB's from their future. So I figured there must be some advantage to staying back as opposed to trying to race through. I'm still not sure how to balance all the competing requirements so my Little People stay happy, gainfully employed, and safe, because I love the Little People, and I want them to love me, in spite of the unfortunate history associated with my family name. Government isn't easy!

Also, at this point I am at the end of EMA, and I am getting a lot of Event Quests that want me to do something with "X of the current age or Y of the previous age," and that will get harder or impossible if I level up so that EMA becomes my previous age and either I have no HMA buildings/units/whatever or I have just deleted the EMA equivalent to make room for the HMA version -- either way, I'm screwed, Event-wise. And I'm getting some good stuff from the Fall Event.

So, do players camping in IA just stop expanding on the Continent Map?

Kranyar the Mysterious

I can't remember if the LMA bonus quest line is completable from earlier eras, but I think there is a blocker, so I haven't started that area.

If you open the bonus quest line the bonus quests take over the recurring quest slot. If you can't complete the bonus line, then you are stuck without recurring quests.