• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Continent map progress and Recurring Quests

DeletedUser31392

It’s been awhile since I’ve logged in (but been catching up the past 2 weeks), and I have some progress update regarding the Indy Bonus Line.

I am still sitting in HMA (since last....June?), and have nearly exhausted all available Techs (final expansion tech in HMA is all that is left), and my early ages map has 2 Unscouted and 1 undiscovered all of which are in LMA Bonus area.

In the Indy map I went through the following route and have yet to trigger the Indy Bonus Line.
Okahe
New Craigshire
Rantford
Desperation (I had scouted it before reading the posts here, and only finished it because I was tired seeing map related Daily Quests every other day)
St Marque
Garrincton

After acquiring the final Province of Garrincton 2 provinces appeared in both north and south Bonus areas. Dragon City and Las Penas are also there unscouted and will remain as such until I am finished camping in CA (whenever I finally decide to move there of course).

Alas I will never know for certain if the Indy Bonus Line will appear in HMA since I do not wish to block myself out of the 2nd RQ, and it seems that what triggers it is finishing all provinces in Indy main map. Whenever one of my diamond cities moves up that far I’ll test the theory if no one else has done so prior to me getting there.

Whenever I do move to CA and unlock the 2nd Quest giver I’ll update if the Indy Bonus Line randomly appears based on my path of progression in the Indy map, and then we can come closer to knowing for certain what will avoid such an act from occurring.

I want to thank @Lady Egwene for providing the information in such a comprehensible format. Here’s to hoping I didn’t screw myself over by finishing Desperation prior to Garrincton!

DeletedUser29218

Alas I will never know for certain if the Indy Bonus Line will appear in HMA since I do not wish to block myself out of the 2nd RQ, and it seems that what triggers it is finishing all provinces in Indy main map. Whenever one of my diamond cities moves up that far I’ll test the theory if no one else has done so prior to me getting there.

Looking forward to that. Do you have any time estimation about when that might be?

DeletedUser31392

Looking forward to that. Do you have any time estimation about when that might be?

Not for a while, since 2 of those are still ema and progress on one map has been halted due to lack of traders to move past CA region. The 3rd is still in IA and won’t be leaving there for a long while, it’s my first project world I’m still working on and was put on the back burner because of time constraints due to work, and has since turned into a temporary diamonds farm while I work on leveling Chateau. (The entire set up is based around using UBQs and Chateau as a perpetual motion machine, and my god does it take some time to run through a few million coins/supplies. But i set it up to get all my goods from UBQs and really don’t want to change anything drastic. I will say IA UBQ farming is pretty amazing if you can stand to sit and clear through that many every day, and have the time to do so. HMA is still an overall better age to do RQs in since it doesn’t take near as long to run resources dry every day)

DeletedUser25920

It’s been awhile since I’ve logged in (but been catching up the past 2 weeks), and I have some progress update regarding the Indy Bonus Line.

I am still sitting in HMA (since last....June?), and have nearly exhausted all available Techs (final expansion tech in HMA is all that is left), and my early ages map has 2 Unscouted and 1 undiscovered all of which are in LMA Bonus area.

In the Indy map I went through the following route and have yet to trigger the Indy Bonus Line.
Okahe
New Craigshire
Rantford
Desperation (I had scouted it before reading the posts here, and only finished it because I was tired seeing map related Daily Quests every other day)
St Marque
Garrincton

After acquiring the final Province of Garrincton 2 provinces appeared in both north and south Bonus areas. Dragon City and Las Penas are also there unscouted and will remain as such until I am finished camping in CA (whenever I finally decide to move there of course).

Whenever I do move to CA and unlock the 2nd Quest giver I’ll update if the Indy Bonus Line randomly appears based on my path of progression in the Indy map, and then we can come closer to knowing for certain what will avoid such an act from occurring.

I want to thank @Lady Egwene for providing the information in such a comprehensible format. Here’s to hoping I didn’t screw myself over by finishing Desperation prior to Garrincton!

The route you followed and the outcome (no bonus quest yet) is consistent with what I had found, and mentioned in my earlier post. I had conquered the exact same provinces as you (but in different order as I acquired Desperation after acquiring Garrincton) and no bonus quest had appeared yet. But the order does not seem to matter anyway, only which provinces are conquered (and how many).

But careful, it is not the case that you need to acquire all [non-bonus] Indy provinces for the bonus quest to be triggered. That had been my initial guess too, but it is not the case. If you read my post on this, when Las Penas and Dragon City are the only unconquered provinces (which is were you are now) then when you acquire Las Penas the bonus quest appears (even though Dragon city is still unscouted).

I am not sure what would happen regarding the bonus quest if one is still at HMA and hence they only have one slot for side quest/recurring quest (rather than two). ie whether the bonus quest will take over the single slot or not. But if you have 2 slots (ie you are at LMA or later) then conquering Las Penas will take away one RQ slot which will be replaced with the Indy bonus quest.

But with the bonus provinces now scoutable, you have lots of provinces to work with for events, without touching Las Penas.

DeletedUser31392

The route you followed and the outcome (no bonus quest yet) is consistent with what I had found, and mentioned in my earlier post. I had conquered the exact same provinces as you (but in different order as I acquired Desperation after acquiring Garrincton) and no bonus quest had appeared yet. But the order does not seem to matter anyway, only which provinces are conquered (and how many).

But careful, it is not the case that you need to acquire all [non-bonus] Indy provinces for the bonus quest to be triggered. That had been my initial guess too, but it is not the case. If you read my post on this, when Las Penas and Dragon City are the only unconquered provinces (which is were you are now) then when you acquire Las Penas the bonus quest appears (even though Dragon city is still unscouted).

I am not sure what would happen regarding the bonus quest if one is still at HMA and hence they only have one slot for side quest/recurring quest (rather than two). ie whether the bonus quest will take over the single slot or not. But if you have 2 slots (ie you are at LMA or later) then conquering Las Penas will take away one RQ slot which will be replaced with the Indy bonus quest.

But with the bonus provinces now scoutable, you have lots of provinces to work with for events, without touching Las Penas.

Ah that does make sense. Since things were a bit fuzzy with that I had no intentions on touching either province just in case.

Just to clarify, I can venture into the PE map and beyond without triggering the Indy Bonus quest, or is that still up in the air?

DeletedUser25920

Ah that does make sense. Since things were a bit fuzzy with that I had no intentions on touching either province just in case.

Just to clarify, I can venture into the PE map and beyond without triggering the Indy Bonus quest, or is that still up in the air?

Yes, you can go to the PE map. Once Garrincton was acquired you should see another ship appeared that can take you to the PE continent. So essentially once Garrincton is acquired (without triggering the bonus quest) you can do the Indy bonus provinces (north and south of main continent) and the PE continent. Just don't touch Las Penas or Dragon city, because these would trigger the bonus quest (which would take up a quest slot).

DeletedUser31392

Yes, you can go to the PE map. Once Garrincton was acquired you should see another ship appeared that can take you to the PE continent. So essentially once Garrincton is acquired (without triggering the bonus quest) you can do the Indy bonus provinces (north and south of main continent) and the PE continent. Just don't touch Las Penas or Dragon city, because these would trigger the bonus quest (which would take up a quest slot).

Awesome thank you! It looks like Indy is the last stage with Bonus Quest lines then, is this true? And does progression on the PE map and beyond follow a linear pattern, or can there be some deviation to skip a few like in previous ages?

DeletedUser35470

Awesome thank you! It looks like Indy is the last stage with Bonus Quest lines then, is this true? And does progression on the PE map and beyond follow a linear pattern, or can there be some deviation to skip a few like in previous ages?

I too am interested in knowing if anyone has seen any bonus quests, specifically bonus quests that require age specific research post Industrial Age. I stumbled on this land mine when I scouted one of the "bonus" provinces in industrial age. I am currently in Iron age.

DeletedUser35506

Can InA bonus quest giver slot revert to a recurring quest giver slot when you finish all the bonus quests or will it disappear?

I my case, I am in CA halfway through InA bonus campaign map and have 3 slots available: 1 recurring, 1 bonus and 1 story.

DeletedUser25920

Can InA bonus quest giver slot revert to a recurring quest giver slot when you finish all the bonus quests or will it disappear?

I my case, I am in CA halfway through InA bonus campaign map and have 3 slots available: 1 recurring, 1 bonus and 1 story.

Once the 2nd side/recurring slot is activated (when you reach a certain LMA main story quest) you never loose it. It is just that it will be taken up by a bonus quest line, until that questline is completed; then it reverts back to being used for side/recurring quests.
In your case the problem is that you cannot complete the IndA Bonus questline while in CA, as one of the bonus quests asks to research Modern roads (an IndA tech). So you would have to move to IndA to get back the 2nd recurring quest slot. (and prior to that I think there is a quest asking to research a cultural tech - of any age, but you may have none left in CA).
So your options are:
- stay in CA with 1 recurring quest slot
- move to IndA and have again 2 recurring quest slots

not sure what is the best option, as 2 slots are better than 1, but CA recurring quests are better (more efficient) than IndA ones

Last edited by a moderator:

Glaun

Once the 2nd side/recurring slot is activated (when you reach a certain LMA main story quest) you never loose it. It is just that it will be taken up by a bonus quest line, until that questline is completed; then it reverts back to being used for side/recurring quests.
In your case the problem is that you cannot complete the IndA Bonus questline while in CA, as one of the bonus quests asks to research Modern roads (an IndA tech). So you would have to move to IndA to get back the 2nd recurring quest slot. (and prior to that I think there is a quest asking to research a cultural tech - of any age, but you may have none left in CA).
So your options are:
- stay in CA with 1 recurring quest slot
- move to IndA and have again 2 recurring quest slots

not sure what is the best option, as 2 slots are better than 1, but CA recurring quests are better (more efficient) than IndA ones
This happened to me. My 2nd recurring slot in CA was replaced by a bonus quest line. The bonus quest line stopped me dead in my tracks in CA when it required me to acquire a IndA tech to move forward. I was forced to choose between moving to IndA to get the second recurring slot or remain in CA without it. I chose to remain in CA for several reasons. The IndA recurring quests are harder to complete. The IndA enemies are harder to defeat. I believe FPs are easier to acquire in CA than IndA. I wanted to get all my GB, especially the defense GBs to level 10 before jumping to the next age. I wanted to get my Arc to 80 before i moved. Finally, my guild has been kind enof to let me camp in CA for all this time. However, I will say, not having two recurring side quests available for permanent coin or goods collection was very frustrating. These are my opinions only. Feel free to disagree.

DeletedUser8428

I have never in 56 years on this planet seen that word spelled that way. I've seen "enuff", but never "enof". I think that link is fake news. :confused:
Turns out that 'enof' is a food/beverage company in Greensboro, NC. They sell a "shake-on powder that delivers the nutrients" your family needs. Sounds like Soylent Green.