• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Continental Map Question

Mr. Beepers

I'm exploring the map, and providences, and i have like maybe 50 providences captured, my question is.... If you keep exploring the providences, and you run out of them to explore, does the map expand, or is that it ?

The Reason i asked... i'm at LMA atm... and i have around 50 Providences under my belt, and if i progress in ages, but there's no map to explore, i won't get any Depot Deposits of goods...

So i'm just wondering if the map resets or expands so you keep getting good depots from other Era's that you currently go into....

RazorbackPirate

There are more maps. Once you've explored the entire map, you'll get a ship to the next map with new territories to explore. Then another map, and a map after that, after that...

CaptainKirk1234

There will be a point where you get to where you have to use goods or units of the next age, if you have a high enough attack bonus or already bought the goods you can move on from that point.

Last edited:

DevaCat

I'm exploring the map, and providences, and i have like maybe 50 providences captured, my question is.... If you keep exploring the providences, and you run out of them to explore, does the map expand, or is that it ?

The Reason i asked... i'm at LMA atm... and i have around 50 Providences under my belt, and if i progress in ages, but there's no map to explore, i won't get any Depot Deposits of goods...

So i'm just wondering if the map resets or expands so you keep getting good depots from other Era's that you currently go into....
In LMA you only have the Colonial Age provinces left to capture in the Old World continent, if you haven't taken them already. See that ship off to the right? Once you get on that it will take you to the next map (Indy) where you'll find new provinces, deposits, expansions and a transport to the next maps and ages/eras, and so on. Like @RazorbackPirate and @Lady Gato said. :) Those goods resource deposits will be there, ready for you to use when you reach the age/era you are able to build the appropriate building.

The other posts drift off into the topic of exploring/pushing forward on the map(s), past your own age, usually in search of more expansions and/or higher age military units. No problem with that except a word of caution. In LMA you have (or will soon have) a second recurring quest slot which is enormously useful, which you can lose for some time if you push ahead into the map that the ship takes you to. There you can trigger a long bonus quest that replaces your second RQ giver and it can't be aborted - you have to complete it to eventually get your second RQ giver back. If you decide to push into that map, it would be wise to do a little research first to avoid that. Also, the wiki has a section with all the maps so you can get an idea about what lies ahead.

If your concern is about the resource deposits, there's really no point in pushing ahead on the map to find them as you can't use them until you age up to the same level and then research the appropriate tech.

Mr. Beepers

Oh alright.... I didn't know there were other worlds you could visit, etc, to continue getting items, and depots for certain goods...

I do appreicate all the info, and help..... =) I'm glad people have experienced this cuz i wasn't sure....

But all these replies have made it clear, so thanks again !!!! :)