• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Continuously Plundered by same user: Need tips on counteracting

Agent327

The rewards for both DT and SV are dependant on the age of the building/deco aided. So you could aid a SAM age player but if he has a CA Train it would be CA goods you get.

You really do not get how it works. DT gives you something from the age the building is in. SV always gives you something from the age YOU are in.

He knew because I told him. I had tried all the usual polite channels to communicate with him before in previous times we were in the same hood.. But got nowhere. The only time he did get back to me was the one time I did beat him and he sent me a message telling me what deserved to be done to my mother. So I knew fine well it would piss him off to know I had got something from his train.

You did not get anything from his train. You got something from your Seed Vault. Something you could have gotten from any player or any building. He or his train had absolutely nothing to do with it.

I know that it is a fact that he actually lost nothing.

Then how on earh can it be taking revenge?

But given the nature of some bully boy types, being told that their victims get anything at all out of their cities (no matter how) will tick them off.

Why would it? That weird deduction would mean that anybody aiding him would tick him off, cause everybody that aids gets coins.

Plundering is also in the hands of the gods. Sometimes you strike lucky sometimes you don't. He had to attack me. lose some troops, to gain some coin. I Aided him and got a train load of goodies. So who is the winner??

He is all the time. By plundering you he got something from you. You did not get anything from him.

If it will make you happy to believe you took revenge on him, keep believing that. Maybe if you get 50 diamonds from a WW you should tell him that as well. Will serve him right!

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

Dear Agent........ Sweetie Pie........Honey Bunch..... The difference here is how we each choose to look at this. But if it makes you feel better ..........

You really do not get how it works. DT gives you something from the age the building is in. SV always gives you something from the age YOU are in.
Yes Dear :)

You did not get anything from his train. You got something from your Seed Vault. Something you could have gotten from any player or any building. He or his train had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Then how on earh can it be taking revenge?
:)
Why would it? That weird deduction would mean that anybody aiding him would tick him off, cause everybody that aids gets coins.
He is all the time. By plundering you he got something from you. You did not get anything from him.
Yes Dear:)
Maybe if you get 50 diamonds from a WW you should tell him that as well. Will serve him right!
OH That would be nice Dear:)

The Lady Redneck

@ Emberguard. That is exactly what happened And it is not the only time. I have noticed it on 4 different occasions where I have received the normal symbol for coin plus the symbols for more than one other item. Twice it has been a long string like you get when you plunder a train or Maharajah's Palace . Twice for lesser number of items. I hit Aid on my social bar and along side the symbol for coin there are a string of symbols for, goods, fp's, medals, supplies. First time it happened I thought I had somehow connected to one of my own buildings that was ready for collection at the same time as I hit the aid button. but that does not make sense. Then I remembered that I had already collected everything anyway. I just shrugged and accepted the gift. Next time it happened I just got the normal coin symbol plus another 2 for more coin and FPs. But that made me sit up and take more notice. Since then I have made sure to collect in everything in my city before I did any aiding. So know it is not me doing something weird.

Last edited:

Agent327

@ Emberguard. That is exactly what happened And it is not the only time. I have noticed it on 4 different occasions where I have received the normal symbol for coin plus the symbols for more than one other item. Twice it has been a long string like you get when you plunder a train or Maharajah's Palace . Twice for lesser number of items. I hit Aid on my social bar and along side the symbol for coin there are a string of symbols for, goods, fp's, medals, supplies. First time it happened I thought I had somehow connected to one of my own buildings that was ready for collection at the same time as I hit the aid button. but that does not make sense. Then I remembered that I had already collected everything anyway. I just shrugged and accepted the gift. Next time it happened I just got the normal coin symbol plus another 2 for more coin and FPs. But that made me sit up and take more notice. Since then I have made sure to collect in everything in my city before I did any aiding. So know it is not me doing something weird.

You are so wrong Dear. I am starting to feel sorry for you.

The only string of more than 1 item next to the coins you will see is that of 5x4 goods you get. If you still believe you see other ewatrds you are obliged to report it as a bug. Let us know how that worked out.

The Lady Redneck

The only string of more than 1 item next to the coins you will see is that of 5x4 goods you get. If you still believe you see other ewatrds you are obliged to report it as a bug. Let us know how that worked out.
Yes Dear

Actually as I was curious I had already raised a ticket.

The reply is below.

Hello Sheherazade,

The Seed Vault can allow you to win coins, supplies, medals, goods and even 50 diamonds when aiding players.

I have a level 120 Seed Vault on Beta, and I get the 50 diamonds about once a week when aiding every day.

The goods, coins, supplies and medals happen much more often.

Thank you and warm regards,

Zeus Magoose
Player Support
Forge of Empires, U.S.

With Permission to post here also

Hello Sheherazade,

You can read about the Seed Vault on the Wiki at the following link:
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Seed_Vault

I don't have any issues with you sharing my response, this isn't a secret.

The only problem with the Wiki about the Seed Vault is it doesn't go into detail about the Helping Hands attributes.

Zeus Magoose
Player Support
Forge of Empires, U.S.

Agent327

Yes Dear

Actually as I was curious I had already raised a ticket.

The reply is below.

Hello Sheherazade,

The Seed Vault can allow you to win coins, supplies, medals, goods and even 50 diamonds when aiding players.

I have a level 120 Seed Vault on Beta, and I get the 50 diamonds about once a week when aiding every day.

The goods, coins, supplies and medals happen much more often.

Zeus Magoose
Player Support
Forge of Empires, U.S.

With Permission to post here also

Hello Sheherazade,

You can read about the Seed Vault on the Wiki at the following link:
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Seed_Vault

I don't have any issues with you sharing my response, this isn't a secret.

The only problem with the Wiki about the Seed Vault is it doesn't go into detail about the Helping Hands attributes.

Zeus Magoose
Player Support
Forge of Empires, U.S.

So? They are telling you the same as we have been telling you.

You can get coins, you can get supplies, you can get medals, you can get goods, you can even get diamonds. You can NOT get a string of symbols for, goods, fp's, medals, supplies as you seem to think. You only get one of those and you do not get it from the player you aid. In NO WAY you are taking revenge on him!

The Lady Redneck

LOL Poor CC .... Will not scare you any more :). In my initial ticket to support I said I had a query re the Seed Vault Reward. Explained that I did get a single reward the majority of the times but on a few occasions I also got a string of rewards from a single aid, such as you would get when either collecting from, or plundering a building such as a train. Was this a bug that needed reporting, or was it normal for the Seed Vault. I posted the reply I got above. My iterpretation of "The goods, coins, supplies and medals happen much more often" . Is that there is no bug. So I do not intend report it as such.

If anyone has an issue with that, then they are at liberty to report me for being quite happy to profit from it. In fact I cannot wait to get the Seed Vault in all my cities with the hope I get the same results from it in them as well.

Agent327

on a few occasions I also got a string of rewards from a single aid, such as you would get when either collecting from, or plundering a building such as a train.

It is very simple Dear. You are not supposed to get a string of rewards from the Seed Vault, like you get from the train. If you do it is a bug, so either your explanation to Support is not sufficient ( most likely ), or they do not understand what you are talking about ( not really less likely ) .

If it actually is a bug, it is very strange it only happens to you, so I am still under the impression you are totally clueless on how the Seed Vault works. You thinking it will give you items of the age of the building you aid supports that.

So I am currently early colonial age and have mostly colonial age military units with a few rogues. I keep getting attacked and plundered by this same guy for a about a week now. This guy is only colonial age and has managed to get practically every great building in the game (Not sure how that's done since he isn't in a large guild). He is attacking with rogues that are like 130% attack. Any chance I can strike back or am I better off trying to collect from buildings right away? I'd appreciate any advice.
All you can do is to collect on time.

Mustapha00

"Getting strong" sounds like a good idea, but it is almost totally ineffective.

If you rely on your Army to defend your city against attacks, you will be disappointed. I have 520% Defense in one of my cities and, because Inno will not implement the obvious solution and make a change to City Defense AI, it might as well be 52%. As long as my strong but stupid Defenders target the enemy Rogues exclusively, they are ineffective.

Disclaimer: I am not, nor would I ever, tell a player not to field the best defense of eight units that he can possibly assemble. If you employ only the default "Two Spearfighter" defense, even players that attack almost exclusively for Tower Points will be tempted to Plunder. After all, if you don;t care enough about your Productions to even make an attempt at adequately defending them, then those Productions would benefit from a better home- like my City, for example.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Am all for reaching out (or accepting) the hand of friendship. Have acquired quite a few good friends that way. But as for kissing butts. You can take that idea and shove it.
I understand where you're coming from. I view it as an equation. Which is more valuable to you? The resources your are losing, or the pride lost by kowtowing to this stronger player. If your pride is so great that you can't offer sincere APPEARING butt kissing, then by all means chose pride. I wish you all the best.

The Lady Redneck

All the best to you also SoR. :) I do not see it as an issue of pride so much as self respect. If friendship has been offered and refused then grovelling to bully over a few free goods that are soon made up anyway is not on. why feed his/her ego?

Emberguard

For me I couldn’t care less for butt kissers. Not because of pride but because it’s a form of manipulation thats so obvious it’s cringy to watch. If the person is genuine we’ll get along just fine. But if you have to either grovel or show off just to get something when you don’t know me then you’ve already lost all your imagined leverage and digging a hole away from your goal. People that have to rely on butt kissing or bragging usually are the same people that fly off the handle the moment they don’t get their way. Sorry, but ain’t gonna tolerate that.

want help? Ask for it. Want a friend? Just send the request no strings attached

Last edited:

Dominator - X

As an attacker and plunderer, the only thing that stops me from attacking is a city shield, which is expensive and only lasts for a period of time, aiding me regularly, which has its limitations if I am in a heated battle for the PvP, and losing the battle with your troops, which I usually switch mine around the next time. The only thing that stops me from plundering, is a city shield (see prior explanation), losing the battle with your troops (see prior explanation), not having anything to plunder (most effective), or if I forget to plunder, which can be tedious.
So, in a nutshell, you are better off collecting your stuff before I do. That strategy is a lot less expensive than any other strategy, and fool proof if employed regularly.