• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Continuously Plundered by same user: Need tips on counteracting

Mustapha00

At the risk of being repetitive....

While I would never say neglect your active military defense (don't rely on the default two Spearfighter defense, don't ignore GBs, Event buildings and other structures that boost your defensive army's defense rating, etc.), I would be doing you a disservice if I gave you any hope that having a strong, even very strong, defense will defeat the top most aggressive players.

Inno, for whatever reason, has consistently refused to make a single change that would alter the paradigm for Plunderers almost completely: swap out the City Defense AI, which targets Rogues to the virtual exclusion of "real" units, for the Continent Defense AI, which targets the "real" units far more often.

What almost every top aggressive player does is attack you with one "real" unit plus seven Rogues. The player will park their "real" unit in the top left corner of the map, out of range of your defensive units, and attack you only with the Rogues. Being that top players often have incredibly high ATT boosts (I see 500% plus on a semi-regular basis), whatever military units you put up in defense are going to lose 99% (if not more) of the time.

Algona has the right of it: the only sure-fire defense is to set your productions to finish at a time where you have the greatest chance of being there to collect them. I find it rather sad that Inno went to all the trouble to create a facet of the game (city defense by military means) but then make it almost completely irrelevant.

OutlawDon

Yes, that's what I did. But remember to be a good friend and aid-visit tavern for all friends every day. They will prefer you as a friend than a victim.

Algona

for whatever reason

We all know the reason, money. Folk like attacking a lot more then defending. People spend a lot of effort and cash acquiring and power levelingcombat GBs, defensive GBs not so much. SBs? The same. The last few Events demonstrated that clearly. While some folk went after the (what were they called?) defensive SBs a couple Events ago, people went insane for Sentinel Outpost.

Yes, that's what I did. But remember to be a good friend and aid-visit tavern for all friends every day. They will prefer you as a friend than a victim.

That may or may not work against casual attackers, especailly those that Aid from History. Rabid plunderers, if they notice your Aid, will thank you for showing them what time you are on

Mustapha00

I have to wonder, though, at just how large the contingent of highly aggressive players who would oppose any changes to the system really is. What I am sure of, though, is that their volume is greater than their numbers, as is their influence with Inno because I would guess that there is great overlap between highly aggressive players and those who spend money on the game.

The Lady Redneck

I spend VERY little money on this game. Also I do not see myself as being highly aggressive. but I do attack and plunder. I also get attacked and plundered. To me it is simply another aspect of the game. No different to, GvG, GE or GBG. I do my best to defend my city, but at times that does not work. It does not have to be the end of the world.

I have actually made friends with some of my plunderers, and some who I have plundered. but they are not on my friends list. Every so often we meet up in the same hood and proceed to beat the heck out of each other, and also plunder each other if we manage it. Sometimes I win, sometimes they do. Then we sit and chat about the battles and troop combinations we use. It adds to our game. It is good fun.

Also in the great scheme of things, If we do do our best to collect everything in in a timely manner and build our defenses, we lose very little if we get plundered. Collecting on an event building or GB can make up the loss. Or a successful return plunder can actually gain more than is lost.

Mustapha00

"Also in the great scheme of things, If we do do our best to collect everything in in a timely manner and build our defenses, we lose very little if we get plundered. "

You are half correct.

It is an exercise in futility to "build our defenses" so long as Inno continued to use a City Defense AI that ignored "real" units and concentrates on Rogues.

And that's a shame.

Kranyar the Mysterious

"Also in the great scheme of things, If we do do our best to collect everything in in a timely manner and build our defenses, we lose very little if we get plundered. "

You are half correct.

It is an exercise in futility to "build our defenses" so long as Inno continued to use a City Defense AI that ignored "real" units and concentrates on Rogues.

And that's a shame.
While I generally agree, and in the past would have without reservation, I have found that a couple of Tactician's Towers that were introduced during the Winter event can scare off people without much (if any) attack boost, since even with the terrrible AI you will be hitting harder than them, and they will be taking more damage than you. After you get to the point where you have a TA leveled up they might not make enough difference to bother with, but early on they can be deadly. Unfortunately they are fairly new and newer players won't likely have many (if any)... However if you camp in one of the first few ages you might consider getting a few.

OutlawDon

One thing your attacker might not like is to have you follow his Great Buildings and watch for a chance to level them up at a time he wouldn't like. He probably would remember your name and stop plundering you after that.

DevaCat

One thing your attacker might not like is to have you follow his Great Buildings and watch for a chance to level them up at a time he wouldn't like. He probably would remember your name and stop plundering you after that.
See posts #12 and 13 above. You might be remembered, but not in a way you might like.

The Lady Redneck

Another little avenue of revenge just opened to me. My newest GB is a Seed Vault (it is only lvl 2). OK it tells you you get something extra for aiding. I did not realize just how sweet that extra could be. Was Aiding some on my social bar and accidentally hit a plunderer that I have not as yet managed to beat. That Seed Vault aid landed on his very long train so my something extra was very nice indeed. OK You may say that that is very hit and miss. but so can plundering be. Chances are a serial plunderer will have everything collected in or have vulnerable stuff aided so you get nothing. Anyway I did thank him. LOL.

Agent327

Another little avenue of revenge just opened to me. My newest GB is a Seed Vault (it is only lvl 2). OK it tells you you get something extra for aiding. I did not realize just how sweet that extra could be. Was Aiding some on my social bar and accidentally hit a plunderer that I have not as yet managed to beat. That Seed Vault aid landed on his very long train so my something extra was very nice indeed. OK You may say that that is very hit and miss. but so can plundering be. Chances are a serial plunderer will have everything collected in or have vulnerable stuff aided so you get nothing. Anyway I did thank him. LOL.

Seed Vault profit has nothing to do with what you aid. Telling him must have had him rolling on the floor laughing. Unless ofcourse he is as game educated as you :p

Kranyar the Mysterious

Say Wat????

DeletedUser30312

I haven't been plundering as much lately. As I move up through the game, the players who actually have a city worth attacking know how to defend and collect on time, so there's little to be gained. The easy cities don't have anything worth it at all. The best to plunder is FP, and you need to hit a train or a good set for that, and bad players simply don't have enough of that to be worth it. Often the best you can find are out of date goods that aren't even boosted, and plundering goods more than 3 ages behind is also not very profitable either.

The Lady Redneck

Seed Vault profit has nothing to do with what you aid.
Then perhaps you can tell me why is it that at times ..... along with the coin for aiding I get an extra reward? Sometimes it may just be a 2nd lot of coin or supplies Sometimes goods, or sometimes it is a whole string of items such as one gets from a Maharaja;a palace, Train ETC when you plunder them? TheSeed Vault description says there is a 2.1% Chance of getting something extra when you aid.

Emberguard

Then perhaps you can tell me why is it that at times ..... along with the coin for aiding I get an extra reward? Sometimes it may just be a 2nd lot of coin or supplies Sometimes goods, or sometimes it is a whole string of items such as one gets from a Maharaja;a palace, Train ETC when you plunder them? TheSeed Vault description says there is a 2.1% Chance of getting something extra when you aid.
So what I’m hearing here is I should totally test out if it’s a random 2.1% item as I’ve always assumed /or/ if it’s dependent on the building aided

just curious. By any chance do you also have a dynamic tower?

Agent327

Age Coins Supplies GoB [2] Medals Diamonds
Chance[1]24.26 %25.50 %31.71 %17.37 %1.15 %
BA45045020250
IA1,0801,08020350
EMA1,8001,80020550
HMA2,5202,500201050
LMA3,3303,330201950
CA5,0605,130203150
INA6,4706,320204950
PE7,6707,760206550
ME9,5409,560209050
PME11,00011,0002012050
CE15,62012,5002016050
TE18,09014,0002020550
FE21,10016,3002024050
AF24,50018,7002028050
OF28,20020,9002033050
VF32,35023,3302038050
SAM40,25030,0002043050

The player you aid will never know what you got, or that you get something. How can that be revenge?

The Lady Redneck

So what I’m hearing here is I should totally test out if it’s a random 2.1% item as I’ve always assumed /or/ if it’s dependent on the building aided

just curious. By any chance do you also have a dynamic tower?

Yes I do Have a level 7 DT which gives a random good for the first 30 Aids So it shows as the aid coin plus 1 good. SV at level 2 gives a 2.1 chance of getting something extra from all of FL and hood. I have a FL of 80 plus my hood. I aid FL first so DT payout has finished before I start aiding my hood. So the Extra something can only be coming from my SV. The rewards for both DT and SV are dependant on the age of the building/deco aided. So you could aid a SAM age player but if he has a CA Train it would be CA goods you get.

The Lady Redneck

The player you aid will never know what you got, or that you get something. How can that be revenge?
He knew because I told him. I had tried all the usual polite channels to communicate with him before in previous times we were in the same hood.. But got nowhere. The only time he did get back to me was the one time I did beat him and he sent me a message telling me what deserved to be done to my mother. So I knew fine well it would piss him off to know I had got something from his train.

Kranyar the Mysterious

So I knew fine well it would piss him off to know I had got something from his train.
But you really didn't get it from his train. The building you aid has no effect on the Seed Vault. You could have just as well aided a Blacksmith, and since the RNG gods favored you, you would have gotten the same thing one way or the other. However, if there is no building to aid or polish the Seed Vault won't work.

The fact you were saying you got it from his train was what was confusing me above. I thought you meant that you had attacked and plundered him and thought the Seed Vault had activated too.

The Lady Redneck

@ Kranyar Sorry I confused you. I know The Seed Vault is dependent on something being aidable and that I must have aided him at the right moment. It is luck of the draw what you land on. I know that it is a fact that he actually lost nothing. This will not apply to all plunderers. But given the nature of some bully boy types, being told that their victims get anything at all out of their cities (no matter how) will tick them off. Plundering is also in the hands of the gods. Sometimes you strike lucky sometimes you don't. He had to attack me. lose some troops, to gain some coin. I Aided him and got a train load of goodies. So who is the winner??