• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cosmic Raven's HQS - Condensed

DeletedUser29623

The "Have 4 of Type A & 4 of Type B Military Unit" quests require that you have no more than 2 of each unit type it asks for before it will show in the recurring quest rotation. So, if you have 3 or more of either unit types, you must delete all your extra units before that quest will appear.

In CA, these Military Unit quests are:

4x Ranger & 4x Musketeer
4x Ranger & 4x Field Gun
4x Dragoon & 4x Grenadier
Thank you for clarifying this!

DeletedUser29623

I don’t want to do anything elaborate with these unit quests. I just wanted to know why they were vanishing. TBH, what I need more than units is Industrial goods for next week’s GE, but I can just spam UBQs to get them.

DeletedUser32824

This is one, you've got to do a cost/benefit analysis to see if it's even worth doing.

I still haven't done produce 2 carrots or produce 2 carrots and 2 saltpeter because I don't want to delete like 30 alchemists to make room for a couple farms. I do need to do this though before I move up in ages. Your post was just making me think about how I haven't done it at all! And I have 100+ units unattached in HMA so, like you said, I'm pretty much not going to ever get that recruitment quest done.

I've been lurking in this thread for a while and I appreciate how civilized everyone is being despite their differing opinions.

RazorbackPirate

I still haven't done produce 2 carrots or produce 2 carrots and 2 saltpeter because I don't want to delete like 30 alchemists to make room for a couple farms.

I was debating whether or not to do them, but I got 2 farms for free in GE which were sitting in inventory. The next time I had 2 expansions to put down I was able to rearrange just enough to put them both down (they are 4x5) and started doing the 2 carrots RQ. 2 weeks later I had won 2 more farms. I needed to do a redesign anyway and put a couple of special buildings back into inventory, so I planned it out to first get all 4 farms down, then once I got the diamonds sell the farms to replace them with Alchs.

The 2nd, maybe 3rd time I collected from all 4 farms, the 2 carrots RQ gave me diamonds, so the next day I started running the combo which paid off the first day. It happened so fast, the farms barely got any use. They were quickly replaced by 8 more Alchs and I haven't looked back.

I'm glad I did it the way I did, I'm not sure how I'd feel if I had to tear down Alchs to get it done. I think if I everything all stocked up and ready to move, and that was the absolute last thing to do before moving to LMA, I'd take out whatever Alchs I needed to replace with whatever farms I had in inventory and make the jump as soon as the second set of diamonds came in.

It's rare to get diamonds from 'Research 2 Tech'. I never have. With a 1 in 14 chance, I've run out of tech pairs to unlock before the diamonds hit. I still haven't gotten diamonds from the 'Spend 38 FPs' RQ, I'll run it only when I'm doing a big drop on a GB. I spend at least that many FPs every day, but I'd have to leave it up all day to hit it. Then I'd lose the 3 'Collect coins' I currently complete leaving that one up all day instead.

'Spend FPs' and 'Gather supplies' I plan to leave until I'm ready to age up and my CF is at level 10. First I'll switch to 'Spend FPs' and only lose the 3 coin RQs, Once that pays diamonds, I'll do 'Gather supplies' with the Alchs set to whatever time lets me complete the most each day. As soon as the diamonds are in, off to LMA.

DeletedUser26965

Looks like Recurring Questing for end gamers for the next age, Virtual Future(VF), will be pretty much not even doable, well at least not even worth it, the way I see it anyway. I don't have a list of the quests yet but they're saying on Beta they're going back to "of your age" for the 24 hour supplies quests and the only production building, Holographic Research Lab (HRL), in VF1 is 5x6 @2390 population. I have all but the last diamond expansion and even with a couple more coming in VF I can only fit 36 HRL's and being at the end game and if there's three of those collect 24 hour type quests @6 per quest that's only 18 quests per day with 3 recurring questgivers.

Unless something changes with the quest requirements it seems going into VF1 would not be worth it. Then unless they come out with a smaller production type building at some point in another tier it might not be worth going into it at all for the entire expansion, which if OF is any measure will last over a year and a half which means over 3 years in OF for recurring questing:eek:.

DeletedUser29623

Looks like Recurring Questing for end gamers for the next age, Virtual Future(VF), will be pretty much not even doable, well at least not even worth it, the way I see it anyway. I don't have a list of the quests yet but they're saying on Beta they're going back to "of your age" for the 24 hour supplies quests and the only production building, Holographic Research Lab (HRL), in VF1 is 5x6 @2390 population. I have all but the last diamond expansion and even with a couple more coming in VF I can only fit 36 HRL's and being at the end game and if there's three of those collect 24 hour type quests @6 per quest that's only 18 quests per day with 3 recurring questgivers.

Unless something changes with the quest requirements it seems going into VF1 would not be worth it. Then unless they come out with a smaller production type building at some point in another tier it might not be worth going into it at all for the entire expansion, which if OF is any measure will last over a year and a half which means over 3 years in OF for recurring questing:eek:.

According to @JCera, at some point the majority of RQ an advanced-player does switches from 24-hour production quests to “spend X forge points” quests. Is that not the case for you?

DeletedUser31308

at some point the majority of RQ an advanced-player does switches from 24-hour production quests to “spend X forge points” quests

This should absolutely be true for anyone who pushes Arc to 80. That and UBQ. As such, I'm anxiously awaiting the quest requirements and rewards for VF, to see if it will still be possible to spin tons of FP/UBQ quests with ~80+ CF

DeletedUser26965

According to @JCera, at some point the majority of RQ an advanced-player does switches from 24-hour production quests to “spend X forge points” quests. Is that not the case for you?

This should absolutely be true for anyone who pushes Arc to 80. That and UBQ. As such, I'm anxiously awaiting the quest requirements and rewards for VF, to see if it will still be possible to spin tons of FP/UBQ quests with ~80+ CF

I didn't start recurring questing on my main city until I got to OF but I can't see switching to spend fp because it's 139fp's and who knows how much higher in VF. In OF you can use Blacksmiths(2x2) and since I got to the end of the story questline that got replaced with a third recurring questgiver so I could fill my city with blacksmiths and the quest requirement is 6x 24h supplies so with 300 blacksmiths let's say you'd get 150 quests completed a day. The Unbirthday Party quest in OF requires 500,000 c/s, in VF it's 800,000 so that's not really feasible.

In AF you have Crystal Flower Store (3x2) you can use, OF we have Blacksmith so hopefully at some point in VF they'll have some smaller building like that or else I'm stuck in OF foreva:rolleyes:

I haven't leveled my Arc to 80+ and my CF is only 14. I suppose if I had both to 80+ and spent all the livelong day GB hunting I could take more advantage of other quests but how much relative to the 24h supplies quests I don't know, 150 a day now is good enough for me not to worry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31308

I didn't start recurring questing on my main city until I got to OF but I can't see switching to spend fp because it's 139fp's and who knows how much higher in VF. In OF you can use Blacksmiths(2x2) and since I got to the end of the story questline that got replaced with a third recurring questgiver so I could fill my city with blacksmiths and the quest requirement is 6x 24h supplies so with 300 blacksmiths let's say you'd get 150 quests completed a day. The Unbirthday Party quest in OF requires 500,000 c/s, in VF it's 800,000 so that's not really feasible.

In AF you have Crystal Flower Store (3x2) you can use, OF we have Blacksmith so hopefully at some point in VF they'll have some smaller building like that or else I'm stuck in OF foreva:rolleyes:

I haven't leveled my Arc to 80+ and my CF is only 14. I suppose if I had both to 80+ and spent all the livelong day GB hunting I could take more advantage of other quests but how much relative to the 24h supplies quests I don't know, 150 a day now is good enough for me not to worry about that.

I'm in CE, and now have lvl 81 Arc and lvl 42 CF. I easily spend 5k+ FPs a day, and am now able to UBQ in each loop, giving over 100 quests a day. It is not uncommon for me to spend 10k+ FP in a day when I'm active, which doubles that figure. As my CF goes up, my UBQs will start outnumbering my spend FP quests. Keep in mind this city is 243 days old and I'm far from OF, so our situations are obviously different. Before level 80 Arc, it's much harder to spend that level of FP, because you won't have access to lvl 80 Arc clubs. My inbox rings all throughout the day with people offering me spots to lock between 180-190%, which makes it easy for me to spend however much FP as I have time and bank for.

So to be clear, the most effective progression would involve having your Arc and CF at high level before ever reaching OF, and the combination of the two can surpass the output of even the OF blacksmith questing. They will allow you to quest heavily in any age you enter as soon as you finish/abort the side quests, with no other buildings required.

DeletedUser26965

I'm in CE, and now have lvl 81 Arc and lvl 42 CF. I easily spend 5k+ FPs a day, and am now able to UBQ in each loop, giving over 100 quests a day. It is not uncommon for me to spend 10k+ FP in a day when I'm active, which doubles that figure. As my CF goes up, my UBQs will start outnumbering my spend FP quests. Keep in mind this city is 243 days old and I'm far from OF, so our situations are obviously different. Before level 80 Arc, it's much harder to spend that level of FP, because you won't have access to lvl 80 Arc clubs. My inbox rings all throughout the day with people offering me spots to lock between 180-190%, which makes it easy for me to spend however much FP as I have time and bank for.

So to be clear, the most effective progression would involve having your Arc and CF at high level before ever reaching OF, and the combination of the two can surpass the output of even the OF blacksmith questing. They will allow you to quest heavily in any age you enter as soon as you finish/abort the side quests, with no other buildings required.
well, 5,000/139=35 quests in OF and it's no doubt more fp's in VF, UBQ is 500,000 c/s in OF, in VF it's 800,000, don't know how much c/s the quest rewards would pay with a 42 CF. Regardless, it would take me a year to try to do that and I'm not really interested in doing it and they'll probably come out with a smaller production building at some point, well hopefully anyway.

DeletedUser31308

well, 5,000/139=35 quests in OF and it's no doubt more fp's in VF, UBQ is 500,000 c/s in OF, in VF it's 800,000, don't know how much c/s the quest rewards would pay with a 42 CF. Regardless, it would take me a year to try to do that and I'm not really interested in doing it and they'll probably come out with a smaller production building at some point, well hopefully anyway.
That's fine, you can do what you want to do. I do need to know what the c/s quest reward would be to analyze the UBQ ratio, but my guess is it will be worse than OF. I'd just say that it is an extreme statement to say that "Looks like Recurring Questing for end gamers for the next age, Virtual Future(VF), will be pretty much not even doable, well at least not even worth it". In truth, this is only true for players like yourself who are not interested in doing what it takes to make it work. Others will certainly continue producing 1000+ VF goods a day using recurring quests alone.

DeletedUser26965

In truth, this is only true for players like yourself who are not interested in doing what it takes to make it work.
What kind of statement is that? You realize recurring questing was around even before Arc or CF was, even before the GB level cap was removed, so were those players not making it work? Since when did doing recurring quests become contingent on having an 80+ Arc and CF? If that's "making it work" then no, I have no interest in it. A 5x6 supplies building is horrible for a lot of other recurring questers besides yourself and essentially makes recurring question not feasible or at least a joke if you consider I'd be going from 150 quests a day now to 18 a day, so no, going into VF at this point is not really worth it for that kind of recurring questing, might as well wait and see if they either change the quests up a bit or make a smaller supplies building, none of that changes for anyone else because you have a 80 Arc.

DeletedUser31308

Since when did doing recurring quests become contingent on having an 80+ Arc and CF?
We're not talking about what is required to do a recurring quest. Nothing is required. We are talking about what will make recurring quests "doable" or "worth it" in VF. It is clear that a high level Arc/CF will make recurring quests both doable and worth it. It is clear that without those things, you feel like it isn't doable or worth it. I'd say that is the very definition of recurring quests being contingent on your stated parameters, at least in VF, which is what we are talking about.

DeletedUser26965

We're not talking about what is required to do a recurring quest. Nothing is required. We are talking about what will make recurring quests "doable" or "worth it" in VF. It is clear that a high level Arc/CF will make recurring quests both doable and worth it. It is clear that without those things, you feel like it isn't doable or worth it. I'd say that is the very definition of recurring quests being contingent on your stated parameters, at least in VF, which is what we are talking about.
Well, okay it's doable, it just is not very good unless of course you already have 80+ Arc and CF, great for those people. But in this guide and how many people do the 24 hour supplies quests then they'll be interested to know that VF1 is the absolute worse in the entire game, here's a list of the smallest production buildings for recurring questing;

VF1 5x6
OF 2x2
AF 3x2
FE 3x4
TE 4x3
CE 5x4
PME 5x4
ME 3x3
PE 4x4 or 6x3
InA 2x3
CA 3x2
LMA 3x3
HMA 3x2
EMA 3x3
IA 4x3
BA 2x2

Look at what the OP wrote about PME, CE and TE "Unfeasible to work “produce supplies” which would be applicable to VF1. Now, of course there will be another supplies building in VF, there was 6 in OF, and hopefully one of them has a smaller footprint which would turn this whole thing around and that's my point.

BruteForceAttack

Simple

HQS <> RQ + CF + Arc

HQS = Depends on doing RQ based on supply or other things, like buy some fps or create some army etc

RQ + CF + Arc = Generally doing spend x fps RQ and collect x Coins (some may do supply, but coin is easy)

DeletedUser26965

Some folks over at beta were kind enough to post the Recurring Quests in Virtual Future, remember these are subject to change before going Live, I'm thinking #2 will be changed and I don't know yet if #4 is age specific.

1. Pay 800K coins/supply
  2. Win 20 battles or gather 500 goods
  3. Buy 20 FP and spend 150FP
  4. 6 x 24h
  5. 20k population available
  6. Spend 200FP
  7. gather 2M coins
  8. Gather 2M supply
  9. Gain 25k happiness
  10. Produce 5 foxes ( 24h prod?)
  11. Buy 15FP
  12. have less than 42 population available
  13. gather 1M supply
  14. have 4 Augmented Samurai and 4 Ninjas
  15. have 4 Ninjas and 4 Ronin Bots

DeletedUser31308

Some folks over at beta were kind enough to post the Recurring Quests in Virtual Future, remember these are subject to change before going Live, I'm thinking #2 will be changed and I don't know yet if #4 is age specific.

1. Pay 800K coins/supply
  2. Win 20 battles or gather 500 goods
  3. Buy 20 FP and spend 150FP
  4. 6 x 24h
  5. 20k population available
  6. Spend 200FP
  7. gather 2M coins
  8. Gather 2M supply
  9. Gain 25k happiness
  10. Produce 5 foxes ( 24h prod?)
  11. Buy 15FP
  12. have less than 42 population available
  13. gather 1M supply
  14. have 4 Augmented Samurai and 4 Ninjas
  15. have 4 Ninjas and 4 Ronin Bots
A gather 2m supply and a gather 1m supply? (8, 13)

just want to say thanks for this condensed version...it is well written and concise. i have it bookmarked as a ready reference. thank you for your hard work : )