• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser28711

how do I get CF early?? Not likely to get PE prints by aiding early in game.

The way I got my CF BPs was to go into the Global Rankings & scroll for listings of CFs to make a list of the top 25-30 or so. Then I came back a couple days later & did the same search to see the difference in levels which indicates that player is power-leveling their CF. Then I contacted one of them & asked if they'd be willing to swap the goods required for CF in exchange for me donating FPs in winning slots on multiple levels of their CF which would provide me with the BPs.

If you're in an active guild, which I wasn't, then I'd start with asking your guild mates if any of them are power-leveling a CF & would agree to this arrangement before resorting to scanning the Global Rankings.

DeletedUser28960

If your guide intends for players to buy w/ diamonds then that's understandable but would be nice to be explicitly stated.

Some new players may indeed resort to buying diamonds for the Chateau, to which I will say this: Make sure to get the best deals. That means do not buy on mobile, you get less diamonds than buying on the browser version for the same price. This also means do not just buy the diamonds outright, wait for special deals like 2 Rogues Hideout for same price bonus, or 40-50% extra diamonds for same price bonus.

The guide is not about buying with diamonds. But it is up to you to find your own way in obtaining the prints and goods. I agree with mlnjr74205 above, global ranking is one way. Raven also mentioned in various posts that guildmates can help, which mlnjr74205 also said is the preferred way. Whatever non-diamond way you choose it revolves around swapping your FPs for their goods.

DeletedUser26965

This also means do not just buy the diamonds outright, wait for special deals like 2 Rogues Hideout for same price bonus, or 40-50% extra diamonds for same price bonus.
Been playing for a year and a half on multiple worlds, never have seen the RH deal, a 150% one came up a couple months ago and another one recently so that's two times for that one.

DeletedUser28960

Been playing for a year and a half on multiple worlds, never have seen the RH deal, a 150% one came up a couple months ago and another one recently so that's two times for that one.

Been playing since mid Feb on Xyr. RH deal came up twice, 40% extra deal came up twice. 50% extra came up once. I don't think it's world specific though. Different players seem to get different deals for whatever reason.

DeletedUser29060

Was the 150% on mobile or PC? I've been waiting for that one.

As for the CF, it is not as hard as it may seem unless you get extremely unlucky with BPs. Find higher leveled players in your world (easier if you are in a guild) and just ask if they are willing to FP swap with you since you are hunting for CF prints. Some will say no/ignore you but I found many to be willing to help.

This thread is extremely long. It will take a couple of days even to read through it all but these questions (and many others you likely have) are already asked/answered in here. It's best to read through everything first.

DeletedUser26965

As for the CF, it is not as hard as it may seem unless you get extremely unlucky with BPs. Find higher leveled players in your world (easier if you are in a guild) and just ask if they are willing to FP swap with you since you are hunting for CF prints. Some will say no/ignore you but I found many to be willing to help.

This thread is extremely long. It will take a couple of days even to read through it all but these questions (and many others you likely have) are already asked/answered in here. It's best to read through everything first.
It was on Browser, I rarely play on Mobile App.

Also I think Dursland was asking for the sake of CR adding the important type info upfront especially for new players and not actually looking for the answer, having stuff like that 25 pages in buried in comments a million words later is not really very helpful to new players.

DeletedUser28960

Really? I didn't even know it existed until yesterday. All I've heard (and seen) was the 140% one. Anyway, I'm mostly (99%) a mobile player. The 140% pops up on mobile, but it never works once you click on it. The 150% pops up on mobile and it works. When I say it works, I mean when you click on the pop up and it takes you to the page. Regardless, you should never buy on mobile, as you get less diamond for the money. You get to see the offer on mobile, but always go to browser to buy.

ODragon

I know I had one pretty much immediately - how do I get CF early?? Not likely to get PE prints by aiding early in game.
I've never bought diamonds and don't plan to. I am in CA and got my CF. I just poured saved FP onto them. The best suggestion is to find someone who is willing to sell you the goods for FP and then trade onto their CF. That will give you the benefit of getting the goods you need to make it and get you some BP at the same time. Plus, if you're willing to pour the FP in, you'll be getting rewards at the same time. I didn't think to get the BP while getting the goods so I had a full set before I started, hope my ignorance helps you.

DeletedUser29060

Really? I didn't even know it existed until yesterday. All I've heard (and seen) was the 140% one. Anyway, I'm mostly (99%) a mobile player. The 140% pops up on mobile, but it never works once you click on it. The 150% pops up on mobile and it works. When I say it works, I mean when you click on the pop up and it takes you to the page. Regardless, you should never buy on mobile, as you get less diamond for the money. You get to see the offer on mobile, but always go to browser to buy.

But if the offer pops up on mobile is it still available by the time you switch to browser or does it vanish? I thought it was a one time special offer type deal. Also will it show up with the exact amount of diamonds? I've clicked on the 40% one before and it takes you to the diamond screen but doesn't show the bonus diamonds. Sorry for all this diamond talk.

DeletedUser26120

Also I think Dursland was asking for the sake of CR adding the important type info upfront especially for new players and not actually looking for the answer, having stuff like that 25 pages in buried in comments a million words later is not really very helpful to new players.
Yes, seems like best way to follow this guide and get the most out of it is to buy CF in early game.

I might start Y world with this tactic, we'll see.

DeletedUser28960

But if the offer pops up on mobile is it still available by the time you switch to browser or does it vanish? I thought it was a one time special offer type deal. Also will it show up with the exact amount of diamonds? I've clicked on the 40% one before and it takes you to the diamond screen but doesn't show the bonus diamonds. Sorry for all this diamond talk.

Taking you to the screen but not showing classifies as not working. Yes you can click on mobile and then go to browser to buy. Once offer appears you have 24 hours. But you can only buy once.

DeletedUser28021

Yes, seems like best way to follow this guide and get the most out of it is to buy CF in early game.

I might start Y world with this tactic, we'll see.

I bought a CF on W, but that was mostly because I first read this guide while late in HMA, with zero CF blueprints, and no one seemed willing to sell the goods for FP. So I got impatient.

I have a second city working on trading goods upstream. It's early HMA, and runs a pretty large goods surplus, so I think this will be doable there. (It helps that it's in a guild that never opens level III GE, and often skips level II.)

DeletedUser28021

Taking you to the screen but not showing classifies as not working. Yes you can click on mobile and then go to browser to buy. Once offer appears you have 24 hours. But you can only buy once.

Note that if you play on multiple worlds, you get different offers on different worlds - or more likely, you get offers on one of your several worlds. The best way I've found to get a decent offer for diamonds is to start a brand new city, and play it regularly until the offer appears. It might have been a coincidence, but when I started an experimental HQS city on B, it got a good diamond offer when it was just about ready to move to IA.

DeletedUser26965

Fortunately my guild on U is basically a parking lot for people who like to run too many cities each ;-) Light requirements, and limited benefits, so I don't feel I'm short changing them.
That's cool of you. I mean you could have joined a GvG/GE guild and just expect them to wait for you so they could play lol.

DeletedUser26120

sloppyjoeslayer said:
Yeah, part of the problem with this strat, hinders the guild for a long time
Considering the fact that a player can buy their way up the ages (or race their way up) and do even better in gvg than already-established guilds despite a late start, I'm willing to give this strat a shot.

I'm trying it out on O world now, just to get the feel of things before I do it for real on Y

DeletedUser26965

Considering the fact that a player can buy their way up the ages (or race their way up) and do even better in gvg than already-established guilds despite a late start, I'm willing to give this strat a shot.

I'm trying it out on O world now, just to get the feel of things before I do it for real on Y
Yeah but if you're a big diamond buyer anyway why bother with any strat, big diamond buying is their strat. The first time I payed attention to a new world was when Xyr opened and it only took a few months for a couple guilds to start dominating AA GvG, now it's like up to 8 guilds and it's only been 6 months. I don't see how a non diamond buyer utilizing this strat from the beginning could ever compete with that, at least not for a very long time.