• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser26120

I've only spent $92 on this game in over 1 year of playing. I was thinking it would be worth loading up another $80 to buy CF early.

Then you really could make a viable strategy out of this and Cosmic Raven's story about his colosseum excites me at the prospect of being first to get CF and have it powerleveled for free from reward/bp seekers.

DeletedUser26965

I've only spent $92 on this game in over 1 year of playing. I was thinking it would be worth loading up another $80 to buy CF early.

Then you really could make a viable strategy out of this and Cosmic Raven's story about his colosseum excites me at the prospect of being first to get CF and have it powerleveled for free from reward/bp seekers.
Well if you like it enjoy. It seems really the thing to do is like you say get it early, get it leveled. But then what? Seems you would want to rush to OF and build the blacksmith city like LacLongQuan https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...n-of-heavy-questing.15777/page-13#post-140964, but I just can't click all them blacksmith along with 20 clicks in between each quest, ugh.

DeletedUser26120

Once it's leveled you do what the guide says and camp in CA until your GBs get high enough and you have goods to storm through ages.

At least that's the theory, I'm trying it out in O world without the CF. Definitely takes patience and not a game style for everyone.

DeletedUser26965

Once it's leveled you do what the guide says and camp in CA until your GBs get high enough and you have goods to storm through ages.

At least that's the theory, I'm trying it out in O world without the CF. Definitely takes patience and not a game style for everyone.
Yeah but why wait, why not just go straight for OF, "2k goods/75m coins/50m supply/50-80fp/100k medals" etc a day sounds like something to go straight for and worry about the rest later.

DeletedUser26120

Page 26 and you are still questioning the merits of this guide...

I saw your posts on page 1. Are you just like this? lol

Answer would be: camping lets you max out gbs and stockpile goods. You can do the tech sprint later once you have the basics ready.

I'd rather hit FE with 90% atk/def and a higher % of fp production in my city than rush there and play catch up. Your opinion may differ.

So I've finished reading the whole guide. Anything mentioned on page 2 - 25 that people should know, from what you can remember?

That was a long read, I don't want to do 25 pages of posts too.

DeletedUser27184

Yeah but why wait, why not just go straight for OF, "2k goods/75m coins/50m supply/50-80fp/100k medals" etc a day sounds like something to go straight for and worry about the rest later.
Those are really high numbers. They are possible in OF? How come?

DeletedUser27184

K, I found out the answer, its the number of blacksmiths in the village (with a the extra quest person to have double quests and so on). That allow for 150 quests per day, and 6% of that are 5FP's rewards.

Now that you mention that, I think you are right. I should throw out the cats and spiders and rush to OF ignoring any signs along the road. I am currently at ME, with half of my GB's at 10 (mostly the coa/zeus/cdm/tor/cf/arc). I thought to stay on, and get up the SMB/LOA/so on, but its a waste of time. Better to rush to OF and do it all there.

DeletedUser28021

@Cosmic Raven - are you going to do your usual analysis of event rewards? I'm curious what you think of this year's summer event, and what strategy makes sense to you. I've got guildies reacting with threats to never buy diamonds again.

DeletedUser28299

Can anyone confirm if the goods produced are refined goods? Because if they are the set wouldn't seem to be bad during eras where you can't work the produce [x from supply buildings] quests, especially if you can get a two palace configuration going. You can even lock the goods to different eras if you aren't too advanced.

The chance of getting lots of SOKs looks very low considering how they have designed the wheel this year and you have to use the tickets on something. A 2 palace, 2 East Tower, 2 West Tower and one of each the other two building configuration would give you 12 FPs, 20 refined goods, and various other coins/supplies etc and doesn't seem super difficult. A 2 palace 8 East Gate configuration is possible which would give you 18FPs, 20-25 refined goods. Or a 2 palace 8 West Gate configuration is possible which would give 12FPs 50 refined goods.

Yes a field of SOKs is better. But it is becoming increasingly clear that Inno isn't going to let newer players get a field of SOKs.

Clearly you shouldn't spend diamonds aiming at any of that. But it might be worth spending tickets you're already getting anyway. I would think that the biggest concern would be the number of Reno kits needed to keep the goods current.

DeletedUser27184

A 2 palace 8 East Gate configuration is possible which would give you 18FPs, 20-25 refined goods.
Thats 64 spaces to get 18 FP (2*16+8*4).
With SoK's the same 18 FP would take 72 spaces.
So this setup is more efficient then SoK's.

DeletedUser

A 2 palace 8 East Gate configuration is possible which would give you 18FPs, 20-25 refined goods. Or a 2 palace 8 West Gate configuration is possible which would give 12FPs 50 refined goods.
Unless they changed how these sets work, that would not be correct. To get the additional production/boosts, the buildings have to be connected to unique buildings, so connecting more of the same building will not increase production/boosts.

DeletedUser28299

Jobu, it isn't actually MORE efficient than SOKs because you need a few of the non-FP producing buildings in order to get the proper bonuses. The Palaces need to touch 4 unique buildings and the Towers need 2. So 2 Palace configuration I was talking about actually requires 80 spaces. (the road profile is similar to SOKs though ever so slightly better, so I'm ignoring it.)

Stephen Longshanks, There is a super simple 2 Palace configuration that fulfills all of that with 1 of each of the decoration buildings and 2 West/2East towers. Basically you put the Palaces on top of each other with them sharing a unique decoration on each side. The towers go on each side of the decorations. That configuration takes up 56 spaces and provides 12 FPs and 20 goods (plus various other coins/supplies/happiness) Similar FPs from SOKs would be 48 spaces but no goods.

You can see some of the configurations here
The 8 East Tower configuration I talked about requires 3 decorations (2 unique) and one West Tower. Note you can pretty freely substitute West Towers and East Towers depending on what you get, or whether or not you want goods or FPs.

There is a pretty good 3 Palace configuration as well but I can't imagine getting the right pieces without spending diamonds.

Also note that there is a one palace configuration which is pretty dense for FPs as well. It is 1 Palace, 6 East Towers, and 1 of each of the other buildings. That is 11 FPs, 10 goods, a bunch of coins/happiness/supplies on 52 spaces. That seems very doable since you get 1 of each tower and 1 palace through the quests.

The towers tend to be silver rewards on the wheel, and I have seen the palace in both silver/gold positions. Ideally you would spin with SOK in the gold position and towers or set piece decorations in 2 of the other positions. I've seen that already once. Less than ideally you might spin with a Reno Kit or Palace in the gold slot and the good silver slots. My strategy is to spin when there is something great in the gold slot (because obviously you want that), or something good in the gold slot with at least two good silver slot possibilities. (One up kits can substitute in for good set piece positions for example). You're going to have tickets anyway, it isn't like you aren't going to spin at all.

Again, SOKs are better. They can be motivated to double the coin production and are a very dense method of producing FPs. Unfortunately it looks to me like Inno is getting very stingy about them, so being able to plan on the field of 90 SOKs that some experienced players have seems less likely. Can these sets work efficiently while you are waiting to get a field of SOKs? I think they probably can in eras where working the supply building quest is already inefficient. Now it is certainly possible that I've missed something in the above analysis, especially since I'm not in one of those eras right now. I'm also assuming that you can't watch your wheel like a hawk to be sure to only use your spins on SOKs.

But that is my thinking at this point.

DeletedUser

Stephen Longshanks, There is a super simple 2 Palace configuration that fulfills all of that with 1 of each of the decoration buildings and 2 West/2East towers.
Maybe there is, but that's not the lineup you mentioned, so...

DeletedUser7406

A couple of flaws in your testimony.
First of All, I am the one that plunders and rarely get plundered.
2nd, I collect at the right times and do not leave my city vulnerable to plunder.

With that said, I think bazaar and oasis buildings are awesome.
They are upgradable production buildings through the Ages.
They give a multitude of options for collections - Goods and FP.
They are worth double RP in Age tile space.
They are easy to adapt for various production Quests.
With these buildings and a few coin residences and supply production buildings,
you don't need to build ANY Goods buildings, you can hit the revolving Quests for additional Goods.
If you have a Chateau, you get even more Goods, coins, and supplies.
You can take the unrefined goods from your GB collections and contribute to Guild Treasury for even more RP.

They are not everything, but are good building blocks for an overall strategy.
I'll take my strategy overs yours anytime.

If you can accumulate 8 bazaars and 4 oasis, you have 12 buildings ready for any production quest that comes along.
If a Quest is for 15 4-hour productions, you can add in another 3 supply buildings and breeze through the Quest.
Also note that the medals buildings are junk. I can get 2,300 medals from 1 Quest reward. (3 Questlines are usually running)
Use one for Coins, another for Supplies, and the other is usually running tech research and exploration advancement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28299

Stephen, if you click the link I provided you will find the different configurations. I'm sorry I forgot to hold your hand on that. ;)