• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser29395

Thank you for your answer.

I guess this is something I can't do yet then because I'm only in Iron Age and don't have any GB's for them to put their FP's on. I am striving for the CF first. It seems that anyone I find that has a CF also has the other basics so I wouldn't have a GB that would interest them. I guess I ah e to get at least one GB first and go from there. I have found that not a lot of people build the CF so that should work in my favor.

By the way I'm in Norsil, so if anyone wants to swap, coach me, or just visit feel free. I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here. Is there a place to go for things like this?

I know plenty of higher level players who contribute to other players' GBs even when they already have those GBs. Forge points locked into storable packs, medals, more blueprints so they can level their GBs, someone contributing to their GBs... there's plenty of benefits!

Lots of people build the CF, it's just hard to get in the earlier eras. I got mine early HMA because I had guildies who were willing to make the trades.

If you can get a good, supportive guild, you'll be fine. I stated what I wanted to my higher guildmates, and I started at zero; within 72 hours I had all needed goods for Traz, CDM, CF, and TOR. I had my CF built inside of a week, CDM BPs in under two weeks, and I'm just waiting on the last pesky bp for Traz and ToR.

As for you not having a gb for players to put fps on, there's a couple ways to handle it. Probably the simplest is you picking what gb you want to add to, then have them match the donation on the same gb. For instance, if you were to donate 10 to my cf, I would then add 10 to my own cf, which helps lock you in your spot and helps me level faster. Also, you may both contribute equal amounts to a third player's gb which gives both of you rewards.

Just be nice and be diligent with aid, upgrading your tavern, and delivering your fp donations on time, and you'll develop a quality reputation as a trading partner.

DeletedUser28712

Hello guys. I'm playing on the Beta server with a city that is organized for recurring quests, but the side tabs, the slots where the quests are offered now have been remodeled, there is a window that groups some of the slots differently from the traditional way, and what I noticed Is that abort quests (what we do more when we follow this technique) is slower, because the next windows takes about 2.5 seconds to appear, this is making the whole process very slow, someone is in the Beta server forum taking care of this question ? This can make it extremely annoying to collect the entire daily output of those who use recurring quests. Moreover we have now to open another window to see the slots, so more mouse clicks to do the same.

Sharif

Own 1 Champion's Retreat locked to each of these periods: *HMA, *LMA, PE, ME, *PME, CE, TE, FE. The asterisked periods are essential to forever keep 1 retreat locked to that period (either in your city in Inventory).

Do you not build a CR for CA when you're held over there for the long haul after sprinting from HMA?

DeletedUser28286

Do you not build a CR for CA when you're held over there for the long haul after sprinting from HMA?

In CR's sub topic "Considerations About Special Events and Special Prizes", he says the following at the bottom of 3. 2x Champion Retreats (at least):

"In general, we don't need to keep any Champions’ Retreats that are age-locked to: BA, IA, EMA, CA, or Ind — fast units aren’t really worth using in those time periods at all, compared to regular units. However if we do happen to score a Champions' Retreats that is age locked to one of these periods when we score it, and we own an Alcatraz, then we could produce some unattached Champions and play around with them while we are still in that period. But just know that retreats locked to these periods are really not "keepers". So when we advance to a later period where Champions have proven to be more effective units, then we can renovate one of our retreats that was locked to one of these lower periods in order to ensure we have a Champions' Retreat locked to every time period where Champions have proven to be effective units."

DeletedUser27848

I have been playing since Nov 2016, 5 worlds: E, F, J, N & O. In all five, I'm basically in the same state of development. HMA-LMA 350,000-500,000 points.
I've got 10-13 GBs in each city. Doing decent (or so I thought).

I've actually been sneaking looks at this thread for several months, and finally decided to apply it.

So I just started a new city in S world.

I am following this strategy except for 1 exception: I'm going to repeat the Bronze Age production quest, 'Build 2 helmets', until I've unlocked all the BPs for Zeus. I already have ToB up, Lvl 2, which is providing me population (goods which are almost irrelevant already!!).

I've squeezed 40 Blacksmiths into my city.

One thing I did was unlock Paths and built those, as each tile of those provides +5 Happiness. This has allowed me to get 200%+ Happiness, with just 3 Memorials.

I've only gotten 1 days production done and the rewards are awesome.

Now I have to step back and evaluate all my 5 established cities and see what I can do with them. I will absolutely apply the teachings of Cosmic Raven to those cities, to the extent that I can.
I've got certain constraints in all to rationalize; multiple Rogue Hideouts, Wishing Wells etc...

And I have to say, this strategy that Cosmic Raven has developed and FREELY SHARED(!!), is the greatest advice I've come across since I started playing FoE.

Salute!

P.S. ... Oh yeah, one other thing. In between the recurring quests I'm 'Guild Hopping', picking up extra GB blueprints. I've already got multiple BPs for about 10 GBs. So getting a serious headstart on those blueprints.

Imp...

DeletedUser28712

The recurring quests now on the Beta server have a "Do not show again" option, so you can cancel it for good, which can be very good for recurring quests, I just do not know what to do when I want it The quests reappear, when I need them again, has anyone tried this feature yet?

DeletedUser26965

The recurring quests now on the Beta server have a "Do not show again" option, so you can cancel it for good, which can be very good for recurring quests, I just do not know what to do when I want it The quests reappear, when I need them again, has anyone tried this feature yet?
It's a cancellation of the CONFIRMATION window not the quest itself, once you select it you don't have to confirm anymore but the thing is the only reason they added it was because of the heavy criticism they received for the new quest interface that's coming that actually made recurring questing take twice as long. While it's great we'll finally don't have to confirm aborting quests anymore it's currently still longer to do because of a sliding animation they have to get to the next quest, hopefully they'll speed that up.

I know this says "Abort Quest" but this is the window currently on Beta that shows up the first time then after selecting you don't see the confirmation box anymore.
index.php

[Feedback] - New Quest Overview

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28712

Well, it's an improvement, anyway, if they increase the speed of the quests visualization it will get even better. Thank you for answering ! o/

DeletedUser27848

Cosmic Raven, I have 5 worlds, in which I'm in LMA in all of them.

I've got a bunch of the non-essential GBs; Deal-ToB(in all 5), St.Basils.

In all 5 cities I have LoA, StM, CoA, CDM, Zeus, ToB, Obs, ToR.

I also focused on scoring as many Rogue Hideouts as I could, as well as Wishing Wells, and SoK, I've also got the Sherlock Holmes Mansion in all 5, the Checkmate Square, the Cherry Blossom garden (x's 2). Terrace Farms. Tribal Squares (which seem easy to acquire).

I have ARC in 2 cities, CF in 1 and then a FoD in another.

Would you recommend selling off any or all of this stuff, to get into the HQS? I'm talking the Cherry Gardens, Wishing Wells, Rogue Hideouts?

At this point in the game, I am able to fight through all 3 levels of GE, due mainly to all the Rogue Hideouts...

I'd sure like your opinion as to what I (you) should (would) do!?

I just re-read your treatise on ToB... arggh!! I hate to burn it, but your argument is compelling!

DeletedUser28021

Another idiot newb question for you, CR, or your guildies:

Recently Inno has been offering alternatives to reesarch, so I've been in HMA a lot longer than I ever thought would be possible. If not forced forward by research event quests, how does one know when to advance? I'll eventually be pushed forward by quests forcing activity in the world map (I've already got the CA tower), but that will take a while. My GBs are mostly level 7 currently, except my new CdM. Not quite following your strategy exactly, but have CF, LoA, SMB, CdM, along with CoA, Zeus, Obs, and ToR. (No Hagia; also no cultural buildings or decos - happiness from roads and event buildings)

Thanks in advance for any wisdom offered.

DeletedUser29060

Another idiot newb question for you, CR, or your guildies:

Recently Inno has been offering alternatives to reesarch, so I've been in HMA a lot longer than I ever thought would be possible. If not forced forward by research event quests, how does one know when to advance? I'll eventually be pushed forward by quests forcing activity in the world map (I've already got the CA tower), but that will take a while. My GBs are mostly level 7 currently, except my new CdM. Not quite following your strategy exactly, but have CF, LoA, SMB, CdM, along with CoA, Zeus, Obs, and ToR. (No Hagia; also no cultural buildings or decos - happiness from roads and event buildings)

Thanks in advance for any wisdom offered.
As soon as you have the resources to sprint from HMA to CA you move on. The essential GB should be around lvl 5-7 at that point but you want to get to CA asap where the goods are more valuable and you have more land to work with. Hagia is essential. You need it.

CR may have abandoned this thread and I don't necessarily blame him since we keep coming up with totally unnecessary posts such as this. I've read through this guide multiple times and I can't imagine it being any clearer why you need a HS and when you should move on in age (at least up until CA, after that there seems to be a little more flexibility but there are still excelllen guidelines within the guide). I hope if he is still around and planning on continuing the guide that he is able to reformat/condense things to take away all the derailing posts and side conversations.

I've followed the guide in nearly its entirety with the exception of the Cherry Garden set (that was before I found this thread and I made a post on it) which I expect I'll delete once I hit CA since clockmakers will be much more valuable overall since the goods the set produces will be outdated. I have about 4 months played and I'm just finishing up one or two more quests in LMA for diamonds before I sprint to CA. I have a LoA, CF, SmB, HS (all level 6/7), an Obs which I swap 10 FP onto a week for my guild, and a brand new shiny Arc I just was able to build. I also complete GE through level 3 every week (not quite willing to spend so many resources on lvl 4 yet). I've followed CR's advice on pretty much everything, including ignoring set buildings like this past summer's palace/fountain (although I still manage to score two palace sets by accident) and I was then able to focus all my tickets on high value rewards such as a HMA and LMA champion retreats so I can fight in GVG for those ages, a couple wishing wells that I'll save for future eras, and a whopping 7 or 8 SoKs that, with the two i already had and a SSW and lords manor, will allow me to place an inno tower as soon as I get the last 3 prints (I will get 5 prints off my current swap so fingers crossed).

I'm happy to join the many players who have posted here affirming: this guide works. You are not following it.

DeletedUser28021

As soon as you have the resources to sprint from HMA to CA you move on. The essential GB should be around lvl 5-7 at that point but you want to get to CA asap where the goods are more valuable and you have more land to work with. Hagia is essential. You need it.

Thank you for the response. This is very useful.

CR may have abandoned this thread and I don't necessarily blame him since we keep coming up with totally unnecessary posts such as this. I've read through this guide multiple times and I can't imagine it being any clearer why you need a HS and when you should move on in age (at least up until CA, after that there seems to be a little more flexibility but there are still excelllen guidelines within the guide). I hope if he is still around and planning on continuing the guide that he is able to reformat/condense things to take away all the derailing posts and side conversations.

I've followed the guide in nearly its entirety with the exception of the Cherry Garden set (that was before I found this thread and I made a post on it) which I expect I'll delete once I hit CA since clockmakers will be much more valuable overall since the goods the set produces will be outdated. I have about 4 months played and I'm just finishing up one or two more quests in LMA for diamonds before I sprint to CA. I have a LoA, CF, SmB, HS (all level 6/7), an Obs which I swap 10 FP onto a week for my guild, and a brand new shiny Arc I just was able to build. I also complete GE through level 3 every week (not quite willing to spend so many resources on lvl 4 yet). I've followed CR's advice on pretty much everything, including ignoring set buildings like this past summer's palace/fountain (although I still manage to score two palace sets by accident) and I was then able to focus all my tickets on high value rewards such as a HMA and LMA champion retreats so I can fight in GVG for those ages, a couple wishing wells that I'll save for future eras, and a whopping 7 or 8 SoKs that, with the two i already had and a SSW and lords manor, will allow me to place an inno tower as soon as I get the last 3 prints (I will get 5 prints off my current swap so fingers crossed).

I'm happy to join the many players who have posted here affirming: this guide works. You are not following it.

I'm aware that I'm not following the guide exactly. For some reason admitting that draws down angry responses. But I'm not in CR's guild, or yours. I am not required to participate in GvG, and I chose my troop building strategy with that in mind. And I was already in HMA when I found the guide, so my current city is transitional in many ways. My prior strategy was slow moving, but with emphasis on combat GBs, and somewhat optimized for FP generation - but otherwise conventional. So as I digested this guide I deleted my ToB, prioritized "get a CF", and meanwhile put my FPs into SMB and LoA (via swaps). I'm happy with the results, in that they are way better than what I was doing before. But I haven't fully digested the guide, and am less than confident in my understanding of the details.

I'd be overjoyed and grateful if CR finds time to complete the reorganization of the guide, so that more details are arranged in coherent form, rather than only in answer to questions. I probably won't follow the guide exactly even then, because of the differeing guild requirements. But it will be far easier to adapt intelligently.

With regard to the troop buildings - lack of troop buildings -> lower population -> less need for happiness. Alchemists cost very little population.

Yes, I also have a checkmate square, the Lord's manor (both highly apprved by CR), the pseudo-Japanese set from earlier this year (not so approved), and one lone terrace farm (the rest of those are in storage). Those two unapproved items add up to 10 FP per day. They become less attractive as my CF grows, raising the value of each alchemist pair, and it's probably time to reconsider them. I also forgot, 2 posts ago, that I did have one church. But I'm not actually completely insane. And my plan is to skip the Hagia and go straight to Traz for happiness, since its other benefits are much more attractive.

DeletedUser28021

Good news you HO'rs, the new quest interface has had its improvements done and is faster than the old system to cycle through quests by a few seconds.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ck-new-quest-overview.7719/page-14#post-49224
That's good. But I'm not on beta, and haven't been following this thread. Are the changes on browser, or iThing, or Android? iThing is currently faster than browser, and I do most of my quick cycles on an iPad because of this.

DeletedUser27848

Cosmic Raven, I've been reading and re-reading this guide, filtering all the information, and I see that pretty much every question I've asked has already been answered by you.

Thanks for sharing this awesome strategy with the FoE universe.

DeletedUser26965

That's good. But I'm not on beta, and haven't been following this thread. Are the changes on browser, or iThing, or Android? iThing is currently faster than browser, and I do most of my quick cycles on an iPad because of this.
My testing has been on browser but from what I've read recently on that post I linked it's really bad on mobile so they'll hopefully fix that.

ODragon

So here is something I was thinking above.

Other than having the resources, CR doesn't mention when to do the HMA to CA sprint (at least not that I saw).

I would suggest if you do PvP, a good time to do it might be the Monday of your neighbor-swap. I'd go further to say wait until one of the seasonal events (summer/winter/spring/fall) as they seem to keep the neighborhood from swapping longer (summer = 42 day neighborhood).
By doing it then, you should be able to maul your neighborhood as you will be one or two ages ahead. Muskets and Rangers will be available on ones way to clockmakers so you will have a decent advantage over them, at least until the next swap.

DeletedUser31096

Greetings from a new player, D world. I started exactly 9 days ago, but my approach to games has always been rather 'systematic' so before I did too much damage to myself I sought out guides. Stumbled on this one and it appealed to me.

For any newbies reading this, I offer a slightly different perspective. I am playing Raven's teachings from the very beginning, bronze age even. I am currently in Iron Age and I did a few things that boosted me.

1) I applied to the top guilds in my world and got accepted by one of them. They are level 55 and clearly saw an ambitious upstart to give me a chance. +6 FP every day does not hurt.

2) I bought two starter packs which gave me a diamond boost + cultural buildings. That helped.

3) I jumped to Iron Age quickly and skipped building Zeus and Babel, was going to, but then read Raven's analysis and thought better of it.

4) Lastly I donated my FPs to guild mates who used my FP as currency and gave me Iron Age goods instead. This helped me build LoA as of today. Heavy questing generated a lot of blueprints, but using the 5 FP packs to place myself in other people's LoAs was the clincher.

Then I focused on the quests like a crazy person.

Attaching the screen shot of my city.

I do however have serious concerns moving to EMA , few reasons are:

1) Right now I can do the 6k coin quest and UBQ many times a day, can do the 15 FP once or twice a day too. In EMA none of that seems really viable.

2) I need about 180 thousand coins to change all my butchers to tanneries and I do not have the foggiest idea how to do that. Largely because of the above point, if I keep doing the UBQ then I really cannot hang on to money. If I stop and move to EMA, I still cannot do it because I wont be able to raise that cash.

3) Costs of switching all butchers to tanneries is super high, but the reward is rather meh. Right now I have 20 butcheries, I will be able to *probably* fit 26 tanneries in their place. That is an extra 3 quests.

4) Resource gathering is still very slow even with me pulling off a combined 40-50 quests a day, without being able to trade and exchanging FPs for goods from guild mates I would not have been able to pull off building the Lighthouse.

Otherwise I have no reason to stay in Iron Age anymore, but clearly torn about moving.

Anyone in D world, look me up plz, I am at 80 invites, but will accept you no matter what level you are! Will report back a bit later with progress. Day9.jpg