• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser31392

That's not going to work , the quests on that are all about acquiring more of the Bonus area in IA .

If I leave CA and go to IA will I get the recurring quests again?

If you are doing HQS you should have plenty of goods to trade up to Negotiate those provinces. I'm only in HMA and I am flooded with goods. Been able to trade up to LMA/CA and now to IndA because I have so much excess.

Leaving CA you'll lose one of the best locations to do the HQS, according to this guide.

DeletedUser26965

That's not going to work , the quests on that are all about acquiring more of the Bonus area in IA .

If I leave CA and go to IA will I get the recurring quests again?
Why do you think you have to advance out of CA? You should have three quest slots; Story, Bonus and I'm assuming you have Side. Side quests are typically abortable so you can first try eliminating those first either by aborting them or doing them to at least get one Recurring questgiver back. You're on the Bonus questline now which is not abortable so the only way to get the other Recurring quest giver is to complete the Bonus questline. The link I gave is from someone who just recently went through the same thing regarding that bonus questline.

DeletedUser28102

I definitely do not want to leave CA , I followed the directions described in the post about retrieving the 2nd recurring quest on the IA map but instead of getting the 2nd RQ I lost the one I had , I now do not have any RQ and it's pretty difficult to HQS without a recusing quest. I now have a Story Quest(A Noble Lifestyle) , a Bonus Quest ( Press On ! ) and another Bonus Quest ( No Rest )

DeletedUser30900

I definitely do not want to leave CA , I followed the directions described in the post about retrieving the 2nd recurring quest on the IA map but instead of getting the 2nd RQ I lost the one I had , I now do not have any RQ and it's pretty difficult to HQS without a recusing quest. I now have a Story Quest(A Noble Lifestyle) , a Bonus Quest ( Press On ! ) and another Bonus Quest ( No Rest )
You didn’t follow the guide, the first condition you need to fit is you are in lower age than CA. Obviously you didn’t figure that out

DeletedUser26965

Why do you keep thinking you have to leave CA? You don't.

Story Quest: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/A_Noble_Lifestyle
Don't worry about doing the Story questline because it goes on to the end of the game. So this won't get you a recurring questgiver now.

Bonus Quest: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Press_on!
If you keep doing the Bonus questline eventually it turns into abortable side quests from Colonial age.

Bonus Quest: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/No_Rest
There are seven more quests to do in this questline. This is nearly exactly where this post was that I already linked INA/PE Quest question to you. Just finish those quests and you'll get a Recurring questgiver.

DeletedUser28102

You didn’t follow the guide, the first condition you need to fit is you are in lower age than CA. Obviously you didn’t figure that out
This is a quote from the guide that I followed , " An update, as I have now progressed to the IndA map on both of my cities. In my main city I wanted to avoid triggering the bonus quest so I could keep doing CA recurring quests with with 2 slots for recurring slots. In my secondary city I did not mind too much loosing the 2nd recurring quest , so I used my secondary city as a test-city , by scouting and acquiring provinces and see when Myciena appears"
I took that to mean that they were already in CA and I didn't see anything indicating you had to be in a lower age than CA.

DeletedUser

This is the other problem with this "system". People that blindly follow the guide in this thread generally develop little or no understanding of the game. Any occurrence not specifically outlined in the guide completely baffles them, and they can rarely even understand the helping posts without detailed instructions on exactly what to do.

DeletedUser31392

This is the other problem with this "system". People that blindly follow the guide in this thread generally develop little or no understanding of the game. Any occurrence not specifically outlined in the guide completely baffles them, and they can rarely even understand the helping posts without detailed instructions on exactly what to do.

Someone needs to finish it then. Or create a new one based on this guide and have the mods move this elsewhere so folks don't keep following an unfinished guide.

DeletedUser

Someone needs to finish it then. Or create a new one based on this guide and have the mods move this elsewhere so folks don't keep following an unfinished guide.
You missed my point entirely. Good job.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser25920

It would be helpful if you were more clear and careful with what you write. You post in CR's HQS Guide you mention "following the guide", so naturally people think you are referring to 'the guide' which is the thread you are posting in. Yet from what you say "followed the directions described in the post about retrieving the 2nd recurring quest on the IA map" it seems you may be referring to post of mine in a completely separate thread, and not referring to this guide at all.

First off, this guide (which is written by CR and is about Heavy questing, and only posts by CR himself are part of the official guide anyway) only mentions you can have 2 recurring quest slots and that you get the 2nd one after you complete the LMA bonus quest line, and nothing more. (And we have seen this is not exactly accurate as you can get the 2nd recurring quest before you get to the LMA bonus quest line).

Secondly, my post to which I think you are referring, describes how not to loose the 2nd recurring quest (ie not trigger the indA bonus questline) while you re in the IndA map. So not the same thing at all as 'how to get the 2nd recurring quest'. This two statements have nothing in common. Since from what I understand you never had a 2nd recurring quest (from what you say it seems you have triggered and not completed the LMA bouns quest line) that post does not apply to you. And if you have triggered the IndA bonus questline (on top of the LMA bonus questline) you obviously did not follow the steps I described. I repeat that post is "how not to loose the 2nd recurring quest"; and not not "how to get a 2nd RQ when you only have 1".

Thirdly, as I have mentioned before (but can't remember which post) I do not think it is possible to recover a recurring quest slot after completing the IndA bonus quest line while in CA tech-wise, as one of the quests asks you to research "modern roads" which is an IndA tech. So if this is accurate (it is in wikia) you would have to move to IndA techwise, in order for that bonus quest slot to turn into side/recurring quests (but it will be IndA recurring quests not CA) .

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Ruler_of_the_Continent

Finally, to have 2 bonus quests (from the same questline) simultaneously seems to be a glitch, but I notice you mention 'Press on!", rather than "Press On". The first one is bonus quest from the LMA bonus questline, and I am guessing this is where you are at with this other slot (because 2 bonus quests from the same bonus questline would be glitch, plus you have the "!" which differentiates the 2 quests.

LMA
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Press_on!
Note: it seems you need to manually add the ! at the end of the url to get to the correct page. when copy/pasting the link, the ! gets put outside the link)

IndA
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Press_on

If you have the 1st one (LMA press on), then you need to complete the LMA bonus questline, conquering the LMA bonus provinces (between LMA and CA in the map). When you complete it, you will get back 1 side/recurring quest.

And it is of course easier and cheaper to conquer the LMA bonus provinces rather than the IndA ones.

If indeed you have "Press on" and "No Rest" (both IndA bonus quests) this would seem to be a glitch, and completing one of them should give you back 1 side/recurring quest. (A guildmate of mine reported once having 2 bonus quest of the same bonus questline, but when he completed one of them it turned back to a side quest).

Bottom line, you can get back 1 recurring quest while you are in CA. You can get a 2nd recurring quest if you also complete the IndA bonus questline but that would push you into IndA. So options are 1 RQ in CA, or 2 RQ in IndA; I would recommend the 1st option for now

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28102

Bottom line, you can get back 1 recurring quest while you are in CA. You can get a 2nd recurring quest if you also complete the IndA bonus questline but that would push you into IndA. So options are 1 RQ in CA, or 2 RQ in IndA; I would recommend the 1st option for now
Thank you so much Lady Egwene , I apologize for the confusion but it seems you have figured it all out . I did indeed the bonus that you mentioned and did get one RQ back and I am staying in CA and will be very happy with one RQ. Again thanks for your info and your patience.

DeletedUser26965

Thank you so much Lady Egwene , I apologize for the confusion but it seems you have figured it all out . I did indeed the bonus that you mentioned and did get one RQ back and I am staying in CA and will be very happy with one RQ. Again thanks for your info and your patience.
There still seems to be confusion, you can stay in Colonial Age and finish the IndA Bonus questline, you're only a few quests away, you don't have to tech into a higher age, and you'll get the second recurring questgiver.

DeletedUser25920

There still seems to be confusion, you can stay in Colonial Age and finish the IndA Bonus questline, you're only a few quests away, you don't have to tech into a higher age, and you'll get the second recurring questgiver.

But as mentioned above, according to the list of quests for the IndA Bonus questline in wikia, the last bonus quest asks to research "modern roads", an IndA tech. So if that is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt it, but also have not triggered that questline myself yet to check it) it is not possible to complete the IndA bonus quest line while in CA.

DeletedUser26120

I agree, someone should rewrite this guide. It could be much more concise, and include a "shorter to read" section at the top - followed by more detailed information.

If I was more knowledgeable about how to get 2 recurring questlines by CA I'd write it myself.

Been keeping up with all the posts and still not sure lol, going to have to go step by step next world.

I will be HQing but not like this guide says - will get prints then keep moving up ages till CA then I'll park and work on GBs.

Like Stephen is fond of pointing out, we don't know of anyone who achieved high ranks strictly using this method? So yeah.

DeletedUser31392

I agree, someone should rewrite this guide. It could be much more concise, and include a "shorter to read" section at the top - followed by more detailed information.

If I was more knowledgeable about how to get 2 recurring questlines by CA I'd write it myself.

Been keeping up with all the posts and still not sure lol, going to have to go step by step next world.

I will be HQing but not like this guide says - will get prints then keep moving up ages till CA then I'll park and work on GBs.

Like Stephen is fond of pointing out, we don't know of anyone who achieved high ranks strictly using this method? So yeah.

I've been debating on this topic myself. Of course I only know aspects of the game up to HMA, and have some knowledge from then on but not enough to warrant an in-depth guide.

Since I've had so much free time recently I decided to start a new city and challenge myself to following a strict set of guidelines. They mesh between this one and Glarg's guide on how to get BA GBs fast. It's not perfect or complete, but it's showing results after only a week.

I have worlds camping in IA to mine diamonds from GE and have learned several things in the process of starting and growing each one individually. Enough that I could compile together a guide based loosely around the 2 guides. Not a strict set of rules to follow, but guidelines to base your own city construction and progress upon.

Think I'll actually begin working on this tomorrow. If you manage to figure out exactly how to unlock the 2nd recurring quest please let me know. My main world has advanced too far in the story and map to know for certain when it will appear, and my other cities are not moving from IA for some time. I may decide to start a new city with the sole purpose of getting to end of hma storyline, advancing map only to the same point and go from there to determine when it precisely shows up. I'll cringe everyday looking at a disaster of a city, but I'll manage!

We can compare notes on our findings then as well and see what we come up with.

DeletedUser26965

But as mentioned above, according to the list of quests for the IndA Bonus questline in wikia, the last bonus quest asks to research "modern roads", an IndA tech. So if that is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt it, but also have not triggered that questline myself yet to check it) it is not possible to complete the IndA bonus quest line while in CA.
Ah, yes, sorry, got confused there myself in all this:confused:

DeletedUser

People that follow the guide typically have a great understanding of the game.
A few do, most don't. That is why the majority of posts on this thread are stupid questions, asking, "What should I do? Something not specifically covered in the parts of the guide that I read happened and I'm lost!" I would bet you can't find a page of this guide (except maybe the first one) that doesn't have one of those type questions on it.

By the way, this is not unique to this guide, or even this game. People that find a formula/guide that someone else has provided, and follow it instead of figuring things out for themselves almost always fall into this trap of getting into whatever they're doing, running across something not covered in the formula/guide, and then have no clue what to do. Because they only have a surface understanding of whatever it is they're doing. They rely solely on the formula/guide, and never bother finding out the how or why of what they're attempting to do.

DeletedUser31392

A few do, most don't. That is why the majority of posts on this thread are stupid questions, asking, "What should I do? Something not specifically covered in the parts of the guide that I read happened and I'm lost!" I would bet you can't find a page of this guide (except maybe the first one) that doesn't have one of those type questions on it.

By the way, this is not unique to this guide, or even this game. People that find a formula/guide that someone else has provided, and follow it instead of figuring things out for themselves almost always fall into this trap of getting into whatever they're doing, running across something not covered in the formula/guide, and then have no clue what to do. Because they only have a surface understanding of whatever it is they're doing. They rely solely on the formula/guide, and never bother finding out the how or why of what they're attempting to do.

You know I get that, but there are players that follow this thread/guide that are willing to give tips on what to do. Is it really such a burden on you to give some simple advice to players seeking help? Isn't that how a good portion of the information was found about this game? By players helping each other out, telling each other what they did and what worked for them, then using that information in their own city or a new world. And then even better they find out even more new information and the cycle continues.

Why do you feel the need to be rude to players seeking advice? It's not like it's a requirement for you to give help, or better yet even follow this thread at all. You can "unwatch" this thread and you won't ever have to see new players coming here to ask for advice. Unless of course you are just compelled for some unknown reason to come here day after day to bash on how other people choose to play this game.

Seems like you only do this to make people mad, piss of new players and turn them away from the game completely. Is that your intention here? Because if so it's a pretty sad life you choose to follow.

Might want to try being nice to other people, and they'll be nice back, or even better something good will happen to you in return. That's how Karma works bud. Calling other players stupid for wanting to follow a guide because they feel it will grant them success is just being petty. Let people do as they wish, and learn from their own mistakes, and if they want to ask for advice then let them because someone out here is actually willing to give them real advice besides "try and fail and then go out and get a life", which if you ask me is some pretty lame crap to come here and say all the time.