• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser31392

That’s not the reason I hit the forum today though. I’m trying to figure out any HQers think pivilion is a okay building to put in the city? In CA it offers 9% supply bonus, which can makes me finish 2 or 3more RQs for providing supply(I have about 80 clockmakers) and it takes 2 clockmakers space +1*4 land which can be useful but not significant important. And the more clockmakers you have, more RQs you can finish just by the bonus from pivilion. So after all it might be a good building to have? I really wish it provides coins instead of happiness though.... no HQer needs happiness:(

I'm planning to use it in my BA world I am working on right now. Im working out how to use Glarg/Algona guide to get the jumpstart on HQ or RQ whatever you want to call it. Pavilion will replace my Taverns and give the boost to supplies to further increase the output of UBQs I can do, and when I am able to build LoA it will make it even better.

I think It would most certainly apply to an HMA/CA/HQ city as well. As SloppyJoe said anything to increase an out put on resources needed to spam the UBQs is worthwhile. Majestic Maypole is another one that will benefit as well, Happiness + 9% coin bonus. Its not much, but as a 3x3 easily able to fit (a little better than Pavilion tbh). Together the 2 offer up 4960 Happiness at HMA, enough to keep 22 Town Houses with Enthusiastic citizens (not counting how much you get from roads either) which is enough to have 84 Alchemist plus some change. For CA that would be 6500 happiness, 22 Country Houses and 66 Clockmakers with enthusiastic citizens.

Both examples Would cover the Happiness from Hagia, using only 25 tiles as opposed to the 42 Hagia takes up. No fp bonus, but an additional 682 coins per 8-hour collection, 2 extra Town Houses, and 7304 supplies, an extra ~8 24-hour Alchemist productions. The coin bonus would be better used with SoKs/SoAs/Kings/Mahj sets/Lords Manor/etc.

Ive already added both to my HMA city and will see the result at the end of the week. I also just replaced my Town Houses with Inno and 7 SoKs/2 Kings, my 2 Palaces with 3 towers, 2 Elephant Gates/1 Memorial Chhatri, Lord's Manor and Sundial Spire. If my calculations are correct, my supply production outweighs my coins by about 13%, but Im still working on gettting SMB/CF to 10, with LoA still sitting at 6. (Ditched my level 5 CoA and Zues since I really dont fight and dont see myself doing so anytime in the next 6-12 months. kept CdM for the fps though. )

It’s definitely faster for me on mobile. Not my iPhone but for sure on my iPad.

I find it much easier on mobile for sure since you can use 2 thumbs (or fingers if your ancient ;):p). That allows me to tap abort with 1 thumb and hover over the collect button with the other when doing UBQs. Same for collecting on supply buildings, tap on building with one and on the quest screen with the other, then tap the building again and use the other to select the 24hr production.

With browser theres a lot of mouse moving. unless you have a touch screen PC, then its just about as easy as on mobile, and if I used it more often Im sure it would end up being faster.

PS: @Dursland would it be too much to ask for to make an amendment at the top of the original post? Something along the lines of:
"EDIT BY MODERATOR:
DISCLAIMER: This Guide was never finished to 100%, and the Creator has since stopped playing for undisclosed reasons. The content you will be presented with is very thorough, but take heed parts are missing. Reading through the remaining pages will assist with filling some gaps left by CR. Use caution when implementing this strategy to your own city as this Guide makes use of a particular strategy. Any questions regarding this can be asked in the thread, and will have every attempt be made to assist with advice where information is missing, or pertaining to aspects of the game that you may not wish to utilize."

I think that might help clear up any confusion players may have when coming to read this Guide before any attempts at implementing this in their own city.

DeletedUser28102

Im working out how to use Glarg/Algona guide to get the jumpstart on HQ or RQ
I have been to the Forums trying to find the guide you refer to but with no luck , can you point me in the right direction?

DeletedUser26120

First post edited. @Mek2 Good suggestion, thanks.

I'm almost ready to skip LMA in beta, only need another 300 fp in packs. Yesterday I needed 400, so it's going well.

DeletedUser29031

Think I'll actually begin working on this tomorrow. If you manage to figure out exactly how to unlock the 2nd recurring quest please let me know. My main world has advanced too far in the story and map to know for certain when it will appear, and my other cities are not moving from IA for some time. I may decide to start a new city with the sole purpose of getting to end of hma storyline, advancing map only to the same point and go from there to determine when it precisely shows up. I'll cringe everyday looking at a disaster of a city, but I'll manage!

We can compare notes on our findings then as well and see what we come up with.

I can help with this, since I recently unlock the 2nd recurring quest slot in one of my town.
The 2nd recurring quest slot became available when I reached this point in the historical questline: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/The_Damsel
At this exact point, I had 2 recurring quests but the bonus questline from the princess did NOT trigger.
Then I moved into the Colonial Age tech tree and I kept the 2 recurring quests slots! So, I stayed happily in Colonial Age tech with 2 recurring quests and I explored and conquered most the LMA bonus map, which is tied to the bonus questline, so when I trigger it, I could finish it quickly.
The bonus questline only appeared when I moved in the historical questline to the point when I was asked to scout the first provinces of the Colonial map area.

DeletedUser31392

I can help with this, since I recently unlock the 2nd recurring quest slot in one of my town.
The 2nd recurring quest slot became available when I reached this point in the historical questline: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/The_Damsel
At this exact point, I had 2 recurring quests but the bonus questline from the princess did NOT trigger.
Then I moved into the Colonial Age tech tree and I kept the 2 recurring quests slots! So, I stayed happily in Colonial Age tech with 2 recurring quests and I explored and conquered most the LMA bonus map, which is tied to the bonus questline, so when I trigger it, I could finish it quickly.
The bonus questline only appeared when I moved in the historical questline to the point when I was asked to scout the first provinces of the Colonial map area.

Good to know thank you so much! So it seems that the end of the LMA story line is when the 2nd RQ slot becomes available, since the following quest is the 1st in the CA story line.

And it also would appear completing the 1st CA story quest triggers the Bonus quest line, and completing that will revert back.

Can I ask what was the 1st Quest was for that particular Bonus line? The wiki seems a bit disorganized in regards to Bonus and Side quests and makes it an it difficult to pinpoint exactly which Bonus quest line that is.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I assume you mean Story Questline though and not the event Historical Questline. Using them interchangeably might confuse some :D

DeletedUser25920

Good to know thank you so much! So it seems that the end of the LMA story line is when the 2nd RQ slot becomes available, since the following quest is the 1st in the CA story line.

And it also would appear completing the 1st CA story quest triggers the Bonus quest line, and completing that will revert back.

Can I ask what was the 1st Quest was for that particular Bonus line? The wiki seems a bit disorganized in regards to Bonus and Side quests and makes it an it difficult to pinpoint exactly which Bonus quest line that is.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I assume you mean Story Questline though and not the event Historical Questline. Using them interchangeably might confuse some :D

I think I have mentioned the first few quests towards the bottom of this post:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...n-of-heavy-questing.15777/page-32#post-156319

You can find the bonus quests in wiki though (you find one and then keep clicking on the previous one to get the first one). Also the earlier bonus quests was at EMA (and not by Myciena) so clearly different. And the next one is in IndA (again by Myciena), but she would be asking to scout IndA provinces and do CA/IndA related tasks (like build buildings, recruit units etc). Whereas in the LMA bonus quest Myciena asks for LMA related activities. So they are usually easy to distinguish.

DeletedUser28299

I would tend to think that the Pavillion quest reward from the Gandhi questline is not worth it at colonial or lower (I haven't looked closely above that, it might work out for ages where the supply building are enormous).

I suspect you'll get around 11,000 extra supplies per day from it in colonial which means 1 extra UBQ about every 10 days. In the same space you can get 2 clockmakers (plus a bit of extra space beyond that). That will give you 1 extra clockmaker quest per day plus (depending on your lighthouse level somewhere in the range of 12-18,000 extra supplies per day) So you are getting both more supplies per day, and 10 times the number of quests. Your supplies per tile have to be VERY large before 9% is going to be worth a 4x4 space.

DeletedUser29031

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the late answer. I only check this thread from time to time, since CR left it unfinished.
The Wiki seems to have the Bonus quest well organized : http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Bonus_Quests (or is it the Wikia a diferent "wiki"??) and IIRC it's accurate.

Also, I remember reading somewhere it's possible to get through the industrial story questline and map without trigger the 2nd bonus questline from the princess, even conquer the industrial bonus map areas. I think I bookmarked that page in my laptop but I need to check it.

Last, you're right, I meant story quest not historical. I'm not english native so sometimes I get lost in translation!

DeletedUser31392

Oh yes that page is amazing! I do t know why I had never seen that particular page before. Anytime I had done searches for bonus quests it was showing something completely different, so this will help very much!

I do understand the cross language translations, so completely understandable if things get lost in translation ^_^

And to answer Lady E, I guess I need to re-read your post again to solidify all the information. Thanks for all the help on this!

DeletedUser28711

Does everybody else have to deal with occasional to frequent changes to the path of building motivations?

For example, I'm in CA & have been moving Clockmakers around so that the ones that are motivated daily are all paired together in adjacent columns &/or rows so that I can easily collect them while taking advantage of my LoA supply boost without jumping all over my city. Unfortunately, and as has happened to me in the past, after my collections today, completely different buildings are now being motivated so my collection path is now obsolete.

So, about a week after making this post, I was slowly able to move my Clockmakers that were being motivated daily back into adjacent columns &/or rows for the easy LoA bonus without jumping all over my city during collections. For the past month, I have not had any more recurrences of completely different standard buildings being motivated. With that being said, I can only suspect that the complete shakeup was caused by collecting on the PC that day instead of the mobile app like I normally do, but I'm not going to test this theory to find out, at least not until right before I'm ready to move up to InA to minimize the disruption of my daily routine.

Anyway, over the past couple months while hanging out in CA, I think I've put together a really good RQ city; however, I'd like to get opinions from some of you to see if there's something I missed which would make things even better. You can find me in Greifental &/or via the shared city Z5IM5DT589 on FoE Manager. A note I'd like to make is that I'm just about to get my 40k medals expansion, so please take that into account if you play around in FoEM. Any constructive criticism is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

DeletedUser31392

So, about a week after making this post, I was slowly able to move my Clockmakers that were being motivated daily back into adjacent columns &/or rows for the easy LoA bonus without jumping all over my city during collections. For the past month, I have not had any more recurrences of completely different standard buildings being motivated. With that being said, I can only suspect that the complete shakeup was caused by collecting on the PC that day instead of the mobile app like I normally do, but I'm not going to test this theory to find out, at least not until right before I'm ready to move up to InA to minimize the disruption of my daily routine.

Anyway, over the past couple months while hanging out in CA, I think I've put together a really good RQ city; however, I'd like to get opinions from some of you to see if there's something I missed which would make things even better. You can find me in Greifental &/or via the shared city Z5IM5DT589 on FoE Manager. A note I'd like to make is that I'm just about to get my 40k medals expansion, so please take that into account if you play around in FoEM. Any constructive criticism is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Looks pretty slick to me. I assume you also just built Inno recently. I see it's marked at Level 2, and you have 3 Gambrel Houses hanging out by it. If you were going for maximum Clockmaker RQs pushing Inno to 3 and removing those 3 houses would add an additional RQ.

I also noticed the random Zen Zone in the corner with nothing else attached. Personally I feel it would be a waste of space without the rest of the set. I assume it's only for additional coin production as well.

I counted 102 Clockmakers as well. Rather nice! Chateau would do well to be at level 10 as well since it's another 25% boost to rewards.

Overall rather nice. This city was designed from inception to be based around the HQS guide then? If so kudos to you for taking the aspects out that do no apply to what you want out of it. I like the design around adding the Elephant gates as well, and the minimal roads touching any building especially the large GBs :D

Edit: I adjusted Inno to level 3, removed the 3 Gambrels, and added 2 Clocks after shuffling a bit. SGLXV4O4ZJ If you wanted a visual :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28711

Looks pretty slick to me. I assume you also just built Inno recently. I see it's marked at Level 2, and you have 3 Gambrel Houses hanging out by it. If you were going for maximum Clockmaker RQs pushing Inno to 3 and removing those 3 houses would add an additional RQ.

I also noticed the random Zen Zone in the corner with nothing else attached. Personally I feel it would be a waste of space without the rest of the set. I assume it's only for additional coin production as well.

I counted 102 Clockmakers as well. Rather nice! Chateau would do well to be at level 10 as well since it's another 25% boost to rewards.

Overall rather nice. This city was designed from inception to be based around the HQS guide then? If so kudos to you for taking the aspects out that do no apply to what you want out of it. I like the design around adding the Elephant gates as well, and the minimal roads touching any building especially the large GBs :D

Edit: I adjusted Inno to level 3, removed the 3 Gambrels, and added 2 Clocks after shuffling a bit. SGLXV4O4ZJ If you wanted a visual :)

Mek, thank you for taking a look & replying.

I did indeed design my city around RQs & have just used the parts of this guide & advice from others that I wanted. Overall, I just tried to keep things as simple as possible allowing me to maximize what I wanted to do.

I'm currently investing to level my Inno up to 3 & with the 40k medals expansion, I'll be able to add 4x more Clockmakers (106) after removing 2x Gambrel Roof Houses & the Zen Zone, which was being used just for coins. I'm also more than 1/2 way to leveling my Chateau to 10.

The shuffling you did with your plan has given me something to think about, but I think I'm going to keep things the way they are for the time being.

Thanks again.

DeletedUser31392

Mek, thank you for taking a look & replying.

I did indeed design my city around RQs & have just used the parts of this guide & advice from others that I wanted. Overall, I just tried to keep things as simple as possible allowing me to maximize what I wanted to do.

I'm currently investing to level my Inno up to 3 & with the 40k medals expansion, I'll be able to add 4x more Clockmakers (106) after removing 2x Gambrel Roof Houses & the Zen Zone, which was being used just for coins. I'm also more than 1/2 way to leveling my Chateau to 10.

The shuffling you did with your plan has given me something to think about, but I think I'm going to keep things the way they are for the time being.

Thanks again.

No problem! I love playing with city designs and making things fit nicely. When I stumbled across this and had seen the massive GBs touching the Town Hall with 1 road it flipped a switch in my brain and lately I have been trying all different ways to arrange larger buildings so they touch as little road tiles as possible.

The fact you will have 106 Clockmakers and only the required GBs is rather impressive! My own HMA 'main' city is cluttered with several event/special buildings, plus ToR and CdM. I underestimated my happiness requirements for Inno so I have to hold off on that and leave it at a max of level 5, then had to had Pavilion and Majestic Maypole to make up the difference until I decide to make a push for the goods for FoD. Mostly focusing on getting SMB/LoA up to 10 to maximize my UBQ output, and have my 2 swap partners working on ToR on the side when they traced the lock-in state for the others.

Just finished up getting Chateau to level 10 as well. Once it hit level 9 on Friday I made a push to get it to 10 since I have about 2mil coins/supplies stashed up. Started Friday afternoon with 400 fps in my inventory, finished with 0fps Sunday night before bed with 814/830 on Chateau. [produce 70/day not counting stage r Cloths, so had a return of ~260fps from spending all those packs]

Doing over 350 UBQs [i didn't feel like counting but it took a while to finish] Pulled in about 1700 goods, 1700 medals, 31 fp packs and a bunch of random prints I didn't need. [on a side note I started the UBQs with 2.15mil coins and 2.01mil supplies, finished with 1400ish coins and 34k supplies :confused:] Was able to unlock the 21k Victory expansion making that 50 expansions total. Have the 2 HMA premiums to purchase yet as well, and 1 left at the end of th tech tree (but have 2 others to unlock with events first). Slowly working on IndA map as well now, following advice from Lady E to plan it out so I can skip the bonus Questline, though if another player is correct if I stop my Story progress after receiving the 2nd RQ giver I should be safe. Taking that map very slow and am going to have to pick and choose my events from here on out to keep the 2nd one active [hastily rushed through the early ages map before I knew what I was doing and regret it so much]

DeletedUser29352

For me the strategy has worked exceptionally well. I started my world 3-4 months late so I was well behind when I found this. Now I am almost to the point where I can leave CA. I have nine level 10 GBs, including a level 14 Château and a level 22 Arc. I have 1000-3000 goods in every Era through PE. I am close to cracking the top 100 and will get my 160k medal expansion this week. When I made the jump from HMA to CA, I wished I had started my map sooner so I am doing that now. I am not sure if I will hang around to try to finish leveling my Inno and Atomium. I do think CR missed the boat on Arcs. Mine is almost to the point where it will start leveling easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29623

I’m not doing HQ, but I do like to work the recurring quests when I can. I have some questions that I’ve tried to answer by studying this thread, but it’s pretty overwhelming.

I recently entered CA and have not reached the 2nd tier of the tech tree. I currently have (in addition to the story quest, which I mostly ignore), two bonus quest slots open, both with the princess (who I guess has a split personality). One is on a quest called “Get Ludwig” and the other is on a quest called “Fast Attack!” Until recently, there was a side quest in one of the slots

I don’t understand what’s going on, since I thought there was only one bonus questline around LMA/CA. Will I get recurring quests if I run through both of these bonus quest lines? I can’t abort them, and some of them are a nuisance.

DeletedUser31392

I’m not doing HQ, but I do like to work the recurring quests when I can. I have some questions that I’ve tried to answer by studying this thread, but it’s pretty overwhelming.

I recently entered CA and have not reached the 2nd tier of the tech tree. I currently have (in addition to the story quest, which I mostly ignore), two bonus quest slots open, both with the princess (who I guess has a split personality). One is on a quest called “Get Ludwig” and the other is on a quest called “Fast Attack!” Until recently, there was a side quest in one of the slots

I don’t understand what’s going on, since I thought there was only one bonus questline around LMA/CA. Will I get recurring quests if I run through both of these bonus quest lines? I can’t abort them, and some of them are a nuisance.

Could have to do with your continent map progress. I recommend reviewing these 2 threads and seeing it helps you understand a bit what happened.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/ina-pe-quest-question.19877/

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...nent-map-progress-and-recurring-quests.16568/

If you progress too far in the IndA map (unless done strategically as @Lady Egwene has listed out in at least 1 of those threads), you will unlock the Bonus line for IndA and essentially lock out 1 of the RQ slots until you reach a certain point in IndA tech line. I know that’s all vague, but I personally have not reached this point so I can’t give a clear answer on what has happened.

Hope these two threads will help you out.

DeletedUser29623

Thanks, some interesting stuff there, but I’m not that far along. I haven’t even scouted an IndA province yet.

As far as I can tell, I have two quest slots, both running the CA bonus questline but at different points in the quest. It’s all about Ludwig. Is this normal?