• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser27023

Rosarium and MSL for example will be excellent once you are able to use them for discounted refined goods but are not really worth it in CA for the goods or the FPs in comparison to clockmakers.

Painful to hear, especially after using Reno Kits on both to bring them up to CA. So I guess the Black Tower as well? I may as well deal with the pain now. At least I have two Store Buildings I can use on the two you mentioned. This is a very very hard temptation to battle. It really is.

Would you mind sharing what happened that is preventing you from using the second recurring quest? Maybe it will help me avoid making the same misstep. Thanks.

ODragon

To get to my question, I've found that my gold is actually already starting to outpace my supplies production and will probably continue to do so as I add a couple more SoKs from this winter event. I thoughty supply production would still FAR outpace my gold production at this phase of the build. Once my CdM hits lvl 10, I've been considering whether it's worth to add a RAH to help my supplies to outpace my gold to continue to spam UBQs while allowing my supply stockpile to grow for later in the game where you need a ton of them. Have you experienced something similar/how have you adjusted for it? Thanks for the input.
I don't think it is a surprise situation based on GBs.

LoA @ L10 = 145% for 40 buildings
SMB @ L10 = 250% for 90 buildings

Right there it enough of a differential that it could cause that. Plus, add to that that most of the really good buildings people are putting out are coins + FP, and decent amounts of coins. I can't think of too many supplies+FP buildings.

At the moment, I haven't adjusted for it. I'm in CA with 75M coins and 35M supplies. I'm not really worried about it at the moment.

DeletedUser27023

And in my CE city my coin is at 303m and my supplies are 135m. It happens.

DeletedUser28711

Would you mind sharing what happened that is preventing you from using the second recurring quest? Maybe it will help me avoid making the same misstep. Thanks.

To get & keep the 2nd RQ slot, you need to avoid completing the LMA Story quest "The Fair Maiden/The Damsel". Lady Egwene explains it here.

As for the debate on using certain special buildings in a CA (or earlier) RQ city, it's a matter of what works best for your city at the time. For instance, I've been in CA since the 2017 Summer Event & up until a few weeks ago, I was running out of supplies to run Produce 2 x Turret Clocks RQ 1:1 UBQ, so when I got my next medals expansion (40k), I decided to demo a few Clockmakers to build a RAH to give me a little more supplies boost for now, not to mention for the later eras when supplies dwindle because space is at more of a premium because of the bigger buildings. That solved my problem with having enough supplies to maximize my 1:1 ability, but because I had also replaced all my houses with an Inno a little over a month ago, I was now running out of coins. With that in mind, upon getting my 50k medals expansion, I added the Royal Cascade & a Tribal Square to add more coin production. With those additions, I'm now bringing in 500k of coins (5x Collect Coins RQs) which allows me to get through almost all my Clockmakers with a 1:1 ratio.

TLDR: I'm trying to maintain a Produce 2 x Turret Clocks RQ 1:1 UBQ ratio, so I used the buildings that I had available to help me achieve that on a daily basis.

Arc lvl 12
CF lvl 10
Hagia lvl 10
CdM lvl 10
SMB lvl 10
LoA lvl 10
Inno lvl 4
RAH lvl 4
ToR lvl 3
94x Clockmakers
8x SOKs (plots for 2x more ready)
2x The King
1x Royal Cascade
1x Tribal Square
1x The Lords Manor
1x Kiosk
1x Checkmate Square
1x Sundial Spire
2x Elephant Fountain Gate
3x Memorial Chharti
2x Fruitful Cider Mill

FoE City Planner tag 2OTBC50MOU

mlnjr74205 G 2017-12-03 Raw 2D.jpg mlnjr74205 G 2017-12-03 Raw 3D.jpg

DeletedUser29352

You seem to be far ahead of me at the moment so I was wondering if you've come across this issue I think I'm facing. The only non-recommended buildings I have is the cherry garden set since I already placed that before finding this guide. I have been thinking of deleting it but just can't bring myself to. Other than that I have a lvl10 arc, hs, loa, stm, cf, lvl 5 inno for population, lvl 2 traz for rogues for GE, an obs, and a lvl 7 CdM that is quickly hitting the lvl 10. I have 89 clockmakers, 12 SoK (most only from HMA), sundial spire, lords manor (locked to CA), 4 SSW (worth 1 quest just for their gold production so I think the math justifies keeping them to sacrifice 1 quest for 4 guaranteed FPs), haunted house (super efficient gold building), a rogue hideout and a few victory towers that fill in some empty space I can't work around yet. I am working on my 65k medal expansion currently.

To get to my question, I've found that my gold is actually already starting to outpace my supplies production and will probably continue to do so as I add a couple more SoKs from this winter event. I thoughty supply production would still FAR outpace my gold production at this phase of the build. Once my CdM hits lvl 10, I've been considering whether it's worth to add a RAH to help my supplies to outpace my gold to continue to spam UBQs while allowing my supply stockpile to grow for later in the game where you need a ton of them. Have you experienced something similar/how have you adjusted for it? Thanks for the input.
My Gold has almost always outpaced my supplies. I just always make sure that I have the 60% supply boost operative whenever I collect. I thought about getting an RAH. It seemed that it would help in CA, but I wasn’t sure about later.

Arc 29
Château Frontenac 16
Alcatraz 12
Inno 8
Hagia 10
CoA 10
Atomium 7
AO 7
FoD 5
Observatory 6
Atlantis 9
Zeus 10
SmB 10
LoA 10
CdM 11

DeletedUser27184

My CF is lvl 16, my Arc is lvl 29. Everything else is lvl 10 apart from a couple of stragglers. So I will leave colonial with my GBs in good shape. I suppose if I had built TFs and SSWs instead of clockmakers, I would be struggling for FPs too.
Seems like the topic of extracurricular buildings has come up time and time again. I guess when events roll around, it’s easy to temporarily justify why that Black Tower or Maharajah Palace would be a good fit. I’m struggling with space as well. With just one SoK atm, I’ve resorted to 3 Sacred Sky Watch, a Terrace Farm and the Black Tower. Oh, and Rosarium and Mad Scientist Lab. So is the bottom line, that the less clockmakers you have, the more time it will take to progress? It doesn’t sound like there are ANY buildings that are better than clockmakers aside from the GBs outlined. And of course SoKs.

I may read wrongly into what you both said, but I think you are saying (like CR) that you would pass on Terraces and other wonderful FP buildings.
While I do run HQS in my city, and I find the HQS to be very powerful, this FP point is totally wrong in my opinion and HURT you in your city advancement.

If you have an FP building, you should use it, as it strengthen you more then any other building/system. The FP's are the most needed in the game. As you get more FP you invest them into GB's and can become a stronger city.

If instead of 100 clock makers, I would have 50 clock makes and 10 terraces, I would have extra 50 FP per day. It's much better.
Now, with the 100 clock makers you will have more medals, goods and all. But as I add terraces (and remove some clock makers), I start to produce more FP, which allow me to level up my GB's. And in the end, its the GB's that effect your play the most.

Which is better city from the following options?
1. 120 clock makers, CF level 10, Arc level 10?
or
2. 50 clock makers, CF level 10, Arc level 80 (and lots of FP buildings that were needed for the Arc to grow)?

I think its obvious that the Arc is so much more important. And to get there you need more FP. Not more medals or goods.

I do agree that a good city needs medals/goods/et cet. So I do run HQS in my city. But the HQS and the clock makers come (for me) after terraces, ssw and such.

So my advice is to have as many FP buildings, and in the space remaining, run the HQS to the best of your ability. This way you get the best of the two worlds, and you city will grow best. Both in expansions (and all the HQS stuff) and in GB levels.

Side note - I would never store 5000 FP for some future advancement, when I can use them TODAY to grow my ARC now. It takes months to get this amount for the intended jump. In this months I would invest it into the Arc/CF and get immediately even more FP's, with which I would advance my city even further.

In my ME city, I produce around 220 FP per day from with terraces, ssw's and sok's and GB's. Through the Arc it turns into 400FP per day. All this with around 30 hatters for the HQS. So - even with my big investment in terraces, I still manage to produce some 6000 goods per month and I work on the 290k medal expansion and level my GB's super fast.

tldr - Don't go for HQS over everything. Go for FP+HQS.

My Gold has almost always outpaced my supplies. I just always make sure that I have the 60% supply boost operative whenever I collect. I thought about getting an RAH. It seemed that it would help in CA, but I wasn’t sure about later.

Arc 29
Château Frontenac 16
Alcatraz 12
Inno 8
Hagia 10
CoA 10
Atomium 7
AO 7
FoD 5
Observatory 6
Atlantis 9
Zeus 10
SmB 10
LoA 10
CdM 11

I just added a RAH in my CA city, lvl 1 gives a 70% boost I think. I was going to lvl LoA to 10 but adding RAH made more sense. Now if I can score 40-50 SoK's in the winter event I'll be set :p

I added a few TF's & Mills in when I was buying goods for IT. I've kept them in my city as they give 21fp a day. Replacing them with clocks would give me 15 more quests a day but I wouldn't get 21fps a day from 15 quests. I don't need goods, but I am missing out on medals with those 15 missed quests... My goal is to replace the TF's / Mills with any SoK's I do get from this event.

DeletedUser31392

To add to this conversation I would say a few things.

RAH is definitely something to add, but I would say because of the size I feel it’s actually more efficient to level your LoA to 10 before adding that in. You’d have to remove some clocks/Alchemists to make this addition, and of course you only need to do this is you have Inno and tons of SoKs/SSWs/other high efficiency coin buildings. When you have a level 10 LoA and find your coins still far outpace your supplies add in that RAH and level it til you see an equilibrium in the c/s productions.

TFs are a debatable issue. The size and population requirements are hard to justify unless you have Inno and a lot of space. I would much rather use the SoK/SSWs with Inno and Alchs/Clocks. A good Palace setup is a much better option if you have them. Eventually adding in TFs would be a good option after you have the c/s equilibrium to do maximum UBQs/day.

Tribal Squares and the Royal Cascade are cool for when you have a higher supply production to equal it out some, but wouldn’t get too attached. I’d personally keep the Royal Cascade stashed and use Tribal Squares since those can be trashed when you outgrow their needs.

The Black Tower is most certainly a nice buildings to have. I know it’s not the most efficient for fps, but like the Lord’s Manor has a huge coin production. Again having a RAH to combat the outweighed Coin:Supply ratio is nice, but would definitely wait until LoA is level 10 first to maximize that buildings space efficiency.

I deleted my Cherry Blossom set and haven’t regretted it at all. 5fps in a 5x5 is nice, but the other boosts just weren’t enough to want me to keep it around. Much like the Winter Set that I’ll skip over and go for more SoKs. Same with the Anniversary Set, trashed that with no regrets. The Palace Set was worth keeping imo. 2 Palace/3tower, 12fps with a 1:4.66 fp space efficiency plus the large coin/supply productions and 40 medals and 15 goods to boot.

But a lot of building choices ultimately comes down to what you have been able to win so far. Keeping some stashed until you are really ready to place them is helpful. Like any SoKs I win in Winter Event will he kept stashed until I make room for RAH first since my Coin:Supply Ratio is at equilibrium with what I have going now, and don’t want to offset that too far so I can keep running max daily UBQs

Back to TFs and max FPs over HQS discussion. In my HMA city I produce 47fps from buildings, the 24 hourly, and average 8-5fp packs from quests daily, so 111 daily (plus whatever I get from taverns, usually average 6-8). With that I will spend between 150-200fps daily because of my Arc boost and spending fps wisely in swaps, and my fp pack stash continues to grow everyday still. If I was to add in my 4 Terrace Farms I would need to remove ~18 Alchemists, which would throw my equilibrium way off in my current state of affairs. Now down the road when I Add in RAH and don’t need near as many Supply buildings to keep the equilibrium flowing I can then add in the TFs I have stashed away, but until then it would actually hurt my continual progressive strategy I have in place.

They are nice and come in handy, but I wouldn’t advocate them over getting an HQS equilibrium flowing first. Plus in my current state an extra 20 fps at collection time wouldn’t be helpful since I wouldn’t have enough swap threads to use them, and I’d rather spend those fps in a swap to get a return on the investment than placing them on someone else’s for no return to my GBs, and also not spendinf them on my own GB since I don’t get a fp pack return on my own GBs. Yes it helps level my GBs faster, but I’m looking to profit fps as much as I can as I level my Arc up.

DeletedUser29352

Obviously, a lvl 80 Arc is a game-changer. Developing an Arc above level 10 is a good thing to do. I think CR missed the boat on this. But I think he was correct on everything else. To the people that say that I would have had a better city had I concentrated on FP generating buildings, you’re wrong. I followed the CR method and my city has developed much faster than yours. So there is a method to his madness. I had a Cherry Blossom set. I put it in inventory the moment I read this thread. You should do likewise.

DeletedUser27023

Obviously, a lvl 80 Arc is a game-changer. Developing an Arc above level 10 is a good thing to do. I think CR missed the boat on this. But I think he was correct on everything else. To the people that say that I would have had a better city had I concentrated on FP generating buildings, you’re wrong. I followed the CR method and my city has developed much faster than yours. So there is a method to his madness. I had a Cherry Blossom set. I put it in inventory the moment I read this thread. You should do likewise.

Please define FP generating buildings. Are you talking about set buildings? TFs?

DeletedUser28765

Hi all. Hoping you won't mind me joining the conversation. I just found this thread, but I did my own version of Heavy Questing to get to where I am, and I developed some techniques that might be of interest. Or maybe not. :)

First off, here's how I increased the number of recurring quests I do in a day by a whole lot:

1. Focus on FP production first, and heavy questing second.
(I love Terrace Farms. Love them. I have 13 of them. For 30 squares, I'd rather have a guaranteed 5 FP than two 8% chances at 5 FP.)
2. Get an Arc -- with all those FP it's easy to swap for the goods to build it.
3. Level Arc up to 80. (There are various ways to get help with this from other Arc owners, but that's a separate topic.)
4. Offer to take reward spots on other people's GBs at 1.9x the reward. (That's break-even for me, and a great deal for them.)

I spend around 5,000 FP every day on break-even deals. What do I get back?
- 5,000 FP
- tens of thousands of medals
- completing the UBQ quest as many times as can stand clicking through the others. (I'm in HMA, so I can do it every time I spend 40 FP...and 40 goes into 5,000 a lot of times.)

DeletedUser28765

And about GBs....CR said that they get less and less efficient, and more expensive to level, after level 10. I have a different perspective on that.

Once you have an 80 Arc, you can often find other people with 80 Arcs, and swap 1.9x with them. So when I look at the cost to level a GB, I look at the cost after all reward spots have been donated at 1.9x the reward. (You might not even need your own Arc to get this sort of deal, if you have helpful guildmates with Arcs.)

When you do that math, level 10 is the most expensive level for a GB until you get out to 70 and above. Right after 10, the cost per level drops down, and it's cheapest in the late 40s.

I recently leveled up my Cape. In a couple of weeks I added 60 levels. Some levels cost me just 200 FP. Here's an example:
Cape level 45 requires 2089 FP. If five friends donate 1.9x the five rewards, that's 1845 FP for free. I paid the remaining 244 FP myself. Then when my Cape leveled, I collected 45 FP. So the level ended up costing me 199 FP. That's a LOT less expansive than level 10 was.

I realize this thread is about a Heavy Questing strategy, but I feel like this is related. I have always emphasized the use of recurring quests in my strategy, especially early on. I just found that also putting effort into FP generation and Arc-leveling helped a lot in conjunction with questing.

DeletedUser27023

To get & keep the 2nd RQ slot, you need to avoid completing the LMA Story quest "The Fair Maiden/The Damsel". Lady Egwene explains it here.

I read this part yesterday and didn’t think much of it till just now. You said that this was an LMA quest but you’re in CA. Are you saying that while in CA you haven’t gotten any CA story quests? I’m assuming they’re in order. That you would complete all the LMA story quests before you started CA story quests. If what you’re saying is true, then I probably shouldn’t get any CA story quests cause that will mean I already finished the LMA story quests right?

Edit: Having read the link you referenced, I have a much clearer understanding of what to do and not do now. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28711

I read this part yesterday and didn’t think much ot ot till just now. You said that this was an LMA quest but you’re in CA. Are you saying that while in CA you haven’t gotten any CA story quests? I’m assuming they’re in order. That you would complete all the LMA story quests before you started CA story quests. If what you’re saying is true, then I probably shouldn’t get any CA story quests cause that will mean I already finished the LMA story quests right?

Unfortunately, when I made the leap to CA, I didn't know this little bit of helpful info, so I went ahead & completed the aforementioned quest which caused me to temporarily loose my 2nd RQ slot as it has been replaced by the Princess Myciena Bonus Quest. With that being said, if you do not complete that quest, then you can enter CA while still having that LMA Story quest & keeping your 2nd RQ slot.

DeletedUser27184

Both. I don’t have either in my city and my city is progressing faster than yours.

K, I would like to check that.
How long are you playing with your best city? How advance is it? In what way you describe that you city develop faster?

For example.
My best city is in ME. Its one year and 4 months old.
By this time I got all the important buildings (Arc, CF, AO, Karakan and so on). My Arc now is level 64 on the way to 80. Practically all my GB's are on level 10 or more. I am on the 290K medal expansion. I do about 8000 goods per month. My FP effective production is around 500 per day.

DeletedUser27184

First off, here's how I increased the number of recurring quests I do in a day by a whole lot:

1. Focus on FP production first, and heavy questing second.
(I love Terrace Farms. Love them. I have 13 of them. For 30 squares, I'd rather have a guaranteed 5 FP than two 8% chances at 5 FP.)
2. Get an Arc -- with all those FP it's easy to swap for the goods to build it.
3. Level Arc up to 80. (There are various ways to get help with this from other Arc owners, but that's a separate topic.)
4. Offer to take reward spots on other people's GBs at 1.9x the reward. (That's break-even for me, and a great deal for them.)
I totally agree with you.
A small note on point 4, it is a custom in my world to put 1.8* the reward. That allow's the leveling player (the one you snipe) to level faster too.

DeletedUser28102

And about GBs....CR said that they get less and less efficient, and more expensive to level, after level 10. I have a different perspective on that.

Once you have an 80 Arc, you can often find other people with 80 Arcs, and swap 1.9x with them. So when I look at the cost to level a GB, I look at the cost after all reward spots have been donated at 1.9x the reward. (You might not even need your own Arc to get this sort of deal, if you have helpful guildmates with Arcs.)

When you do that math, level 10 is the most expensive level for a GB until you get out to 70 and above. Right after 10, the cost per level drops down, and it's cheapest in the late 40s.

I recently leveled up my Cape. In a couple of weeks I added 60 levels. Some levels cost me just 200 FP. Here's an example:
Cape level 45 requires 2089 FP. If five friends donate 1.9x the five rewards, that's 1845 FP for free. I paid the remaining 244 FP myself. Then when my Cape leveled, I collected 45 FP. So the level ended up costing me 199 FP. That's a LOT less expansive than level 10 was.

I realize this thread is about a Heavy Questing strategy, but I feel like this is related. I have always emphasized the use of recurring quests in my strategy, especially early on. I just found that also putting effort into FP generation and Arc-leveling helped a lot in conjunction with questing.
This is exactly what I am looking for , how can I find out more about this ?

DeletedUser29218

Just today I did over 40 "spend FP" quests, having a high arc while being in HMA is fun.

At the moment my arc is lvl 60 with a 260 days account in my first server, and I couldn't have done it so fast if I had followed this guide literally. Good FP buildings > recurring quests, unless you have a insanely high CF.

DeletedUser28765

Jobu, HQS, those are thoroughly impressive numbers on your rapid city progress! Congrats!

Druro, I did my own studies on relative GB efficiency (lots of charts and graphs), but I'm happy to share any of my findings with you. I'm mainly interested in FP generation, so I rank the GBs based on "how many FP does it cost to increase my FP income by 1." It's important to look at the curve over all the levels of the GBs, because you might have to get past some fairly expensive levels in order to get into the sweet spot.

For this purpose, the Cape is amazing, and it's well worth leveling it up to 60 at least.

The Inno is one of the cheapest GBs to level (again, assuming you have donors willing to put in 1.9x the rewards). And since it pays out FP, it's also a very good source for income increase. (Though you need a way to manage all the happiness needed by the pop increase from Inno.)