• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser27184

For this purpose, the Cape is amazing, and it's well worth leveling it up to 60 at least.
That's a very interesting point that I hadn't thought about before. While the Cape is kind of useless in low levels, once you pass the hurdle of level 30, it will start to fly to level 60 very fast, and with rather minimal addition of FP from me. So then it become very worthy.

Currently I don't have a cape. But I may add it when I got enough levels to do a serious rush on it to level 60.

DeletedUser31498

Jobu, HQS, those are thoroughly impressive numbers on your rapid city progress! Congrats!

Druro, I did my own studies on relative GB efficiency (lots of charts and graphs), but I'm happy to share any of my findings with you. I'm mainly interested in FP generation, so I rank the GBs based on "how many FP does it cost to increase my FP income by 1." It's important to look at the curve over all the levels of the GBs, because you might have to get past some fairly expensive levels in order to get into the sweet spot.

For this purpose, the Cape is amazing, and it's well worth leveling it up to 60 at least.

The Inno is one of the cheapest GBs to level (again, assuming you have donors willing to put in 1.9x the rewards). And since it pays out FP, it's also a very good source for income increase. (Though you need a way to manage all the happiness needed by the pop increase from Inno.)

Agreed I often am short-sighted in looking at the first 10 levels or so. Important to see the big picture!

DeletedUser28102

Jobu, HQS, those are thoroughly impressive numbers on your rapid city progress! Congrats!

Druro, I did my own studies on relative GB efficiency (lots of charts and graphs), but I'm happy to share any of my findings with you. I'm mainly interested in FP generation, so I rank the GBs based on "how many FP does it cost to increase my FP income by 1." It's important to look at the curve over all the levels of the GBs, because you might have to get past some fairly expensive levels in order to get into the sweet spot.

The Inno is one of the cheapest GBs to level (again, assuming you have donors willing to put in 1.9x the rewards). And since it pays out FP, it's also a very good source for income increase. (Though you need a way to manage all the happiness needed by the pop increase from Inno.)

Thank you Talrus and also jobu523 , In my city I have 13 gb's , they are:
Arc 13
AO 10
CF 10
HS 9
CdM 8
LoA 7
St.MB 6
Zeus 5
Cape 5
Inno 4
Traz 4
CoA 2
Tor 2

I have 58 clockmakers and 66 SoK's , as well as Maharaja Palace and Lord's manor , 2 SSw's and a Sundial Spire.

I would be very interested in a more detailed description of leveling my GB's as fast as you do , 60 levels in a couple weeks is amazing ! I don't understand the 1.9x the five rewards , is that times the fp rewards for the top spot? or times the fp rewards for all spots added together ? neither of those make sense to me. So they donate to your gb and they break about even ? and then you do the same for their gb? I apolgize if these are foolish questions.
And also your opinions on what I need to add or remove from the city , I am in CA . I have 80 mil coin and 35 mil supplies.

DeletedUser27184

Leveling with Arc can be broken into the following parts.

Up to level 10. It is super worthy. You do it any way you want. Usually you will donate to someone else FP and he will donate back into yours. Both of you will earn the rewards, and this is called FP swap.

Then you need to level the Arc to around level 30. (Though some would say up to 27 may be enough). This is harder then before. You need to put more FP into each level, and you only earn back 1% per level. Again you do it through the FP swaps.

At this magical point everything change. From level 30 (or so) till level 74 something else happens.

Lets take, for example, level 54.
The Arc needs 2875 FP to level.
The first reward is worth 855 FP.
The second reward is worth 430 FP.
The 3rd eward value is 145 FP

Now, instead of doing the general swap with your friend/guild. You talk with me and Moshe. we both got a level 80 Arc, which gives us 91% return on the reward.

I don't need to swap any point with you. I can put half of the 2875 points into the arc, thats 1438 FP's. If I put 1438 FP's I will lock the first reward and no one can steal it from me. WIth my Arc, the first reward of 855, will return to me 855*1.91 = 1633 FP's.
So, you didnt give me even a single FP. I donated the whole 1438 FP to lock the first reward out of my personal packs. But when you level the arc, I will get back 1633 FP's. That means that I just got an extra 195 FP's.

You also talk with Moshe. He do the same to lock the 2nd reward. For that he invest, out of his personal packs, some 719 FPs to lock the 2nd place. When your arc levels, he will get back 821 FP. So moshe earn some 104 FP back.

So far, you didn't put even ONE FP into your Arc. And already your arc is 3/4 of the way to be filled. You need to fill now 820 FP to get it to the next level. You start to fill the Arc with a few hundred FP, till the 3rd reward is worth sniping. To fill those you either put FP yourself, or do some FP swaps with friends/guild.
When 3rd reward is worth sniping, you talk with Rambo and he put 261 points to lock the 3rd spot (thats a 180% over the reward, which is customary).

At the end, instead of filling 2875 points, you need to fill only 560 FP's. Thats like a level 6 Arc. You can easily do it in a day or two, and then again level the next level with the help of me, moshe and rambo.

The reason the Arc start to level really fast after level 30, is that it is very worthy for the high Arc levels to put the FP into your arc (they will earn a lot), and you need to just level a very small part of the level.

If rambo, moshe and me are with you in a guild, we may put more the just the minimal half, as it is custome to put 180% of the reward. I.e. for the first reward, if you were in my guild, I would put 1539 FP's. Moshe will put 774. Between the 3 of us, we will donate to you (free of any charge) some 2574 FP. And you need to fill up the rest of the which is only..... 301 FP!!!!!!!!

Yes, if you going to level an Arc level 54, and you got good friends/guild that do the 1.8 donation, you need to pay only 301 FP to level the Arc to level 55!!!!!!

And that's why those level fly so fast. You pay less to level an Arc level 54 then an Arc level 5!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31440

Leveling with Arc can be broken into the following parts.

Up to level 10. It is super worthy. You do it any way you want. Usually you will donate to someone else FP and he will donate back into yours. Both of you will earn the rewards, and this is called FP swap.

Then you need to level the Arc to around level 30. (Though some would say up to 27 may be enough). This is harder then before. You need to put more FP into each level, and you only earn back 1% per level. Again you do it through the FP swaps.

If you follow that advise up to level 30 you will struggle with BP's for levels above 10. If you can should try to join or setup a 5 person swap for X number of fp's daily. Each person contributes a certain % of X fp's to the others Arc, this way you lock in the rewards spots and get BP's for the Arc instead of BP's for whatever random GB's are in the swap threads.

DeletedUser28765

Excellent description, jobu! And yes, the 1.8x donation is quite common. It's possible to get even better deals. Here are two plans I've experienced:

1. Same as what jobu said, but the donors put in 1.9x instead of 1.8x. Instead of making a small profit, the donors make zero profit. For this you'd need to have good friends or a guild that uses this plan in order to help guildmates level up.

2. I was also in a guild that helped people at 1.9 way back before the Arc was profitable. I started the program when my Arc was 15. It went this way:
a) Donor A locked 1st by putting in 1/2 the total.
b) Donor B locked 2nd by putting in 1/4 of the total.
c) I computed how much they had lost: (amount they put in) minus (reward amount * 1.9). Because it was a low-level Arc, they lost quite a bit at first.
d) In my case I was very, very lucky -- those two donors let me accrue the debt. I kept track, and eventually owed them 1000 FP each.
e) Later, when my Arc was in the "profitable" zone, they continued to put in 1/2 and 1/4, but at that point they were making a profit. That profit was deducted from what I owed them from the first part of the program.

It was pretty cool. :)

DeletedUser27023

Just today I did over 40 "spend FP" quests, having a high arc while being in HMA is fun.

At the moment my arc is lvl 60 with a 260 days account in my first server, and I couldn't have done it so fast if I had followed this guide literally. Good FP buildings > recurring quests, unless you have a insanely high CF.

I don’t know if CR ever addressed being in a guild with people to help you level your GBs. If that is not the case, please share your secret.

DeletedUser27184

If you follow that advise up to level 30 you will struggle with BP's for levels above 10. If you can should try to join or setup a 5 person swap for X number of fp's daily. Each person contributes a certain % of X fp's to the others Arc, this way you lock in the rewards spots and get BP's for the Arc instead of BP's for whatever random GB's are in the swap threads.
This is a really good point. As much as possible work FP swaps against other Arc's, as the BP's are a SUPER problem to get other wise.
A 5 man team, is the optimal, but it needs lots of coordination, and not all guilds have so many players with high Arc leveling. In my guild we started as 3 + some general guild fp swaps (for far lower Arc's). Later (as in now) we help to grow up more Arc's in the guild.

1. Same as what jobu said, but the donors put in 1.9x instead of 1.8x. Instead of making a small profit, the donors make zero profit. For this you'd need to have good friends or a guild that uses this plan in order to help guildmates level up.

2. I was also in a guild that helped people at 1.9 way back before the Arc was profitable. I started the program when my Arc was 15. It went this way:
a) Donor A locked 1st by putting in 1/2 the total.
b) Donor B locked 2nd by putting in 1/4 of the total.
c) I computed how much they had lost: (amount they put in) minus (reward amount * 1.9). Because it was a low-level Arc, they lost quite a bit at first.
d) In my case I was very, very lucky -- those two donors let me accrue the debt. I kept track, and eventually owed them 1000 FP each.
e) Later, when my Arc was in the "profitable" zone, they continued to put in 1/2 and 1/4, but at that point they were making a profit. That profit was deducted from what I owed them from the first part of the program.
Wow.

I wish we got that in my guild.

DeletedUser28102

I want to thank jobu523 for an excellent explanation of Arc leveling and also Talrus and Ozyman for some great commentary. Great info and very helpful !

DeletedUser31392

I’m in a guild with only 1 other Arc. I had mine first, and someone approached me for a fp swap to get his own Arc prints for “cheap”. He locked in 1st every level from 1-10 (except one level someone sniped) and was able to construct his own, so I reciprocated and locked in 1st on 9/10 of the first levels (I too was sniped on a level lol). That got me enough prints to unlock 4 more levels from what I still had from my initial prints from building Arc.

I now have level 21 unlocked. The way I got the rest of those prints was by using my daily fps in conjunction with fps from GE. Before collection time I would do an entire level of GE (medals for extra attempts), then do collections and come back to GE to collect any Relics. When I landed a large pool of fps I would dig through my friend list and find a cheap 3rd place. Anything below a net loss of 100fps was enough for me, but I would look for the cheapest with the highest prints output. I did this for at least 2 months, while bringing my main Questing GBs to level 10 (Chat, then SMB/LoA, adding Inno to 5 and have Hagia an additional Level, plus a few to ToR, and some to Obs because of the guild thread)

A little over a week ago I started leveling Arc up again, now about halfway to level 13, and my swap partner is still claiming 1st on my Arc to get additional prints. With my last flip he was able to unlock level 11, so I’ll be doing the same to his as he unlocks levels.

This is going to be a long process I feel, but because I waited to start in on my Arc until I had 21 unlocked, and his was at 10, I felt this would help us both in the long run. I’ve since stopped looking for prints from friends Arcs, but I imagine when I get to a stuck point with my Arc I’ll be spending every fp I earn on getting more prints.

A reason I have since stopped searching for more prints is that with at least a 10% gain on my bonus will allow me to get those prints a little cheaper than before (and on my friend list it seems there’s a new Arc growing every week), though with the swap partners levels I feel I could go to maybe level 24-27, which would be perfect time to hold off and prep for the trek to 80.

I feel like this whole process has been made a ton easier because of the HQS playstyle. With comparable fp producing buildings in my swap partners city and my own I make out more fps than he does everyday because of the 6-12 packs I get daily from Questing. I always have fps to spend on swap threads whenever I want to, so I watch the threads as much as I can to get top spot on any GB in the guild I want to, trying to stick to only the high leveled, or ones I need more prints for in the future (CdM, Chat, Hagia, Inno, Traz, etc)

I can see how the process would be a tone easier if we had at least 1 other Arc user in our group all rotating top 2 spots on levels. Working on that one lol. There’s about 3-5 others in the guild looking to get one as well, and I will certainly be guiding them through the process to make things easier for them, and then the 2 of us with the 80 Arcs can help them push to 80 when they are ready as well.

DeletedUser27184

I feel like this whole process has been made a ton easier because of the HQS playstyle. With comparable fp producing buildings in my swap partners city and my own I make out more fps than he does everyday because of the 6-12 packs I get daily from Questing. I always have fps to spend on swap threads whenever I want to, so I watch the threads as much as I can to get top spot on any GB in the guild I want to, trying to stick to only the high leveled, or ones I need more prints for in the future (CdM, Chat, Hagia, Inno, Traz, etc)
I agree that there is a space issue that happens at HMA and lower ages, where you have to build very carefully around the HQS to be able to use the maximum number of FP buildings. At CA and upper ages with the space available, the FP buildings output should outpace the HQS quite considerably.

By the way, are you farming GE up to level 4 every week? If so, after a few months you should have a lot of FP buildings to use. Maybe Terraces are hard on HMA, but SSW are a very valid option and can give you a lot of FP's.

I can see how the process would be a tone easier if we had at least 1 other Arc user in our group all rotating top 2 spots on levels. Working on that one lol. There’s about 3-5 others in the guild looking to get one as well, and I will certainly be guiding them through the process to make things easier for them, and then the 2 of us with the 80 Arcs can help them push to 80 when they are ready as well.

When I started in my guild we had a bit more advance situation. While we didn't have high level Arcs, a lot of players had a low level Arcs. So you could gather quite a lot of Arc bp's.

If I may suggest, it seems your Guild focus on Obs. Why not, for just a few months, focus instead on Arcs for everyone? They give goods to the guild, and they help the players themselves.
Once a player have an Arc, he can level 10 times before he needs BP's, but he do give a lot of BP's. It should spread around the guild pretty fast. Then the leveling to 10 should be rather easy for everyone. And both the players and the Guild will be happy.

Usually the Obs thread is because no one wants to advance their Obs. But in this situation you need a catalyst to make everyone in the guild understand how strong is the Arc.

The program will promote people to get BP's. And leveling up to level 10.

DeletedUser31392

I agree that there is a space issue that happens at HMA and lower ages, where you have to build very carefully around the HQS to be able to use the maximum number of FP buildings. At CA and upper ages with the space available, the FP buildings output should outpace the HQS quite considerably.

By the way, are you farming GE up to level 4 every week? If so, after a few months you should have a lot of FP buildings to use. Maybe Terraces are hard on HMA, but SSW are a very valid option and can give you a lot of FP's.

When I started in my guild we had a bit more advance situation. While we didn't have high level Arcs, a lot of players had a low level Arcs. So you could gather quite a lot of Arc bp's.

If I may suggest, it seems your Guild focus on Obs. Why not, for just a few months, focus instead on Arcs for everyone? They give goods to the guild, and they help the players themselves.
Once a player have an Arc, he can level 10 times before he needs BP's, but he do give a lot of BP's. It should spread around the guild pretty fast. Then the leveling to 10 should be rather easy for everyone. And both the players and the Guild will be happy.

Usually the Obs thread is because no one wants to advance their Obs. But in this situation you need a catalyst to make everyone in the guild understand how strong is the Arc.

The program will promote people to get BP's. And leveling up to level 10.

Frankly no =\ we have issues with PE goods at the moment so it’s rough to unlock 4 every week. I’d say about every other week for the most part, sometimes 2 weeks in a row. But I do finish every unlocked level every week. I have 4 TFs in my inventory and 1 SSW, plus 2 of them in play. I had 4 TFs once before, but removed them because of space issue, though I do have a good bit more now, I just haven’t decided to add them in yet. I’m content with the set up I have now since I generate on average 100fps a day, but I spend 150 daily and still have a slow to moderate gain of packs in my inventory. I have space set aside in my plans for when I move to CA, not spending longnin LMA at all.

The guild I am in I’ve been in since my first week of playing, and I’m not wanting to leave them anytime soon. They have a relaxed view of rules and such and don’t pressure anyone into playing a specific way. We have an Obs thread (5fp round robin style) set up because it’s easiest for everyone to get one and set up in a small space, and we use the thread both for leveling and gaining prints for those that don’t have one (they can post their own non-Obs GBs to help achieve reward spots, but the rule is if you have an Obs/Atom/Arc you must post one of those, I only post my Obs to help others gain prints but plan to stop when it reaches level 9 since there is no gain to level 10)

Because the rules are relaxed the leaders don’t pressure anyone to get specific GBs so a push for an Arc will never happen. We don’t even push for players to get an Obs or have any GE requirements, but we do have decent turn out for GE every week and most players will go after an Obs if they don’t have one.

That being said I have brought up the topic of getting Arcs in the crucial Ages we struggle with to help, but again there’s no push for it. So I just show others what I am able to do with my Arc for me personally and what it can do for the guild. My swap partner is also HMA and it’s easy to see how well it helps, the lowest amount in that age in the treasury is 6k+, highest being 11k, with most other ages ranging between 1k-2k on average (with the exception of PE).

And as I said there are a few others looking to add an Arc to their Arsenal, I think the big hurdle is getting a full set of prints and then finding someone to sell the Goods. We have 1 member that is in FE and he is not a huge Goods farmer, so we have no inside source to gain the goods. I have been toying with the idea of finding someone on my list that sells and has a large pile to either purchase a few sets of Goods, or work out a deal with the player to sell to my Guild at a cheaper rate and make up the difference on their Cost with my own fps.

I know that last part sounds bizarre but I’m wanting more players to gain the Arc so we can unlock GE4 every week without players needing to donate goods of their own to make up the loses. As it is now I purchased 2k CE goods and have been trading them down to PE goods slowly and donating them to assist with the struggling Era, but it’s a short term fix and needs more work. I’m willing to give up my own fps for the greater good. I can get top spot on any GB in the swaps threads that I wish to, so I have no struggle to gain these packs, and I feel donating my own packs to the cause makes up for taking top spot on nearly every swap thread GB. And there are times I spend my own packs to secure that spot without getting a return swap on my own GBs, so I do give back about as much as I take lol. The HQS most certainly has helped me amass a decent fp pool without a High Arc boost, and I know once I get over the level 28 hump I will be rolling in more fps than I know what to do with.

Any thoughts on the deal I mentioned before about assisting Guildmates with part of the fp:goods trade?

DeletedUser29218

A 5 man team, is the optimal, but it needs lots of coordination, and not all guilds have so many players with high Arc leveling. In my guild we started as 3 + some general guild fp swaps (for far lower Arc's). Later (as in now) we help to grow up more Arc's in the guild.

Wow.

I wish we got that in my guild.

Me too lol.

I don’t know if CR ever addressed being in a guild with people to help you level your GBs. If that is not the case, please share your secret.
CR had a poor understanding about how to lvl GBs. This guide has very good information, some good advices, some bad advices and a few really poor advices (I am looking at you, atomium).

To skyrocket your GB there isn't any secret that hasn't been unveiled yet.. The basics are what me, jobu, Talrus and others have said in the last 10-15 pages. Don't have useless buildings, focus on FP production over questing, finish guild expedition IV. And... (this is mine) stay in HMA, don't go into colonial. The rest is simply an optimization problem.

If I were to start from 0 again (with all the knowledge I have now that I didn't have back then) I think lvl 60 arc in less than 200 days isn't a far-fetched goal. Definitely less if you have a close guild that focuses on mid-long term growth and/or get lucky with BP. If I get bored (might be today) I will start a guide describing what I think it's the 2nd best way to get a lvl 80 arc starting from bronze age. The best one is here, but requires a lot of time investment.

I did my own charts and graphs, and reached the same conclusions than you. I'm still missing at which lvl you should stop lvling Cape to start with Inno, but that is a later decision that doesn't affect my current plans. About the hapiness of the Inno, I have 2 concerns:

In theory, one could ignore happyness. The bonuses (and penalisations) with happyness are addivitive with StM and LoA, RAH and tabern, so they aren't significant. Depending on how much effort is required to maintain hapyness, is it better to ignore it altogether.

However, there are some quests that require your citizens to be happy, which may or may not give good rewards. Question for those who have finished the story in Oceanic Future: are there any story quests that require your citizens to be happy? Because that might stop skyrocketing Inno before reaching OF (as getting that much happyness in low eras would be imposible)

Edit: In the end I decided to go for it, but it will take some days to be cohesive.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31440

And... (this is mine) stay in HMA, don't go into colonial.

Why is staying in HMA better for you? If you don't mind my asking. The move up to CA should give you more land, a 2nd RQ slot, higher valued goods, and more medals from RQ's. I'm interested to hear what makes HMA more advantageous for you.

DeletedUser27184

Why is staying in HMA better for you? If you don't mind my asking. The move up to CA should give you more land, a 2nd RQ slot, higher valued goods, and more medals from RQ's. I'm interested to hear what makes HMA more advantageous for you.
Also in HMA there are space issues. A few messages back a player had 10 Terraces that he couldn't put on the ground, cause of space. That's like 50FP per day. A huge amount.

DeletedUser31440

Also in HMA there are space issues. A few messages back a player had 10 Terraces that he couldn't put on the ground, cause of space. That's like 50FP per day. A huge amount.

I've got a bunch in my inventory, should have done more GE in Iron Age to get TF's with low population though. All the ones I have in inventory are HMA or EMA. I've got 3 worlds with 500k HMA cities out of obstinance and wanting to get my Arcs and CF's up to 10 before leaving HMA. They all perform well, but I can't imagine a good reason for the move to CA hurting my city instead of helping it. Discounting the land expansions from map and tech and the increased medals, getting the 2nd RQ seems to make the jump profitable in and of itself. I've been known to have tunnel vision at times though, so if there is a valid reason to stay in HMA instead of going to CA I'd like to know what it is.

DeletedUser29218

The are 2 main reasons.

The first is that the quest of 'gather coins', 'spend FP' and 'pay coins and supplies' are easier to do in HMA ( in CA the cost of these quests increase fasterthan the resources produced).
The second is that reaching CA itself requires a considerable FP investment, and you are better of investing these resources into snowballing your GB.

According to the numbers I did, the extra space and RQ slot isn't enough to overcome these factors.
And the goods are still low aged, so they don't have many uses beyond GE and GvG (can't be sold for FP, and trading up until FE requires way too many of them).
The only scenario where I would jump to CA is precisely the one you describe (having too many useful buildings and no space to put them). But my arc will reach 80 long before I get to that point. If this is different for you, I agree, advancing to CA is best.

DeletedUser28765

Great points and advice from CantJoin. It sounds like you and I have similar gameplay.

I stayed in HMA for a long long time. I had 13 Terrace Farms and was producing 220 FP per day (not counting hourly FP or profits I make with my Arc).
Three days ago I went up to LMA to make room for four more TF, and now I’m at 17.

One reason to stay in HMA is that the “spend FP” recurring quest is just 38 FP. I do the “collect coins” and “collect supplies” quests while I’m collecting my city, but the rest of the day I do “spend FP” over and over.

Once you have a high Arc, and can invest in a lot of other people’s GBs, the medals come rolling in. I unlocked all expansions in a few weeks and now have 7M extra medals. That helps with the space issue in HMA.

CantJoin, as for Cape, I took mine up to 69. I charted FP-producing GBs according to the cost per income gain. All GB leveling costs rise sharply up to level 10, then enter a long valley from 10 down to 45-ish, then slowly back up, and around 70 they’re as expensive as at level 10 (again, assuming 1.9x donations in all spots).

Once Cape was at 69 I moved to Hagia. Inno is cheaper, but I don’t want to enter negative-happiness until I have enough FP to blast Inno all the way through the most profitable levels.

DeletedUser28765

For people who don’t have guild mates who will help level your Arc at no profit to themselves, here’s how I did it.

I had four friends each contribute some amount (e.g. 100 FP), and self-donated some as well. The goal was to get to a point where 1st place could be locked for an amount that would be profitable for someone with a level 80 Arc.

I set up a spreadsheet to spit out the exact numbers, and it also produced a line of text that I’d copy and paste into messages to several high-level Arc owners. It looked like this:

“1st place on my Arc can be locked for 473 FP for a profit of 6.7%”

I learned that 6% was about as low as I could go and keep their interest. Once they realized they could trust my math, they knew it was a simple and quick way of making a bit of profit. And because each person knew I was sending it to several others, that increased the speed of their response. :)

After 1st place was locked, I’d send out a similar alert for 2nd place.

And after that, my friends would add more to take 3rd / 4th / 5th. I did the same on theirs, and that’s how we all earned BP.

That got me all the way up to level 30, where 1st and 2nd start to be profitable right out of the gate.