• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser29623

Can anyone offer tips/thoughts on questing past the Colonial Age? I know the 24-hour supply production quest goes from 2 to 4 and CR seems to have mostly relied on Unbirthday quests from Industrial onwards to get goods, FPs, medals, etc. But when is my next opportunity to have two or more RQs at once? Is there anything tricky I need to do to get it? Anything else I need to look out for? I’m not really sticking that closely to this guide, but I have found a lot of useful information in it all the same.

DeletedUser31592

Can anyone offer tips/thoughts on questing past the Colonial Age? I know the 24-hour supply production quest goes from 2 to 4 and CR seems to have mostly relied on Unbirthday quests from Industrial onwards to get goods, FPs, medals, etc. But when is my next opportunity to have two or more RQs at once? Is there anything tricky I need to do to get it? Anything else I need to look out for? I’m not really sticking that closely to this guide, but I have found a lot of useful information in it all the same.

I don't follow this, at all, but I do take advantage of Recurring Quests.

You will always retain 2 RQ slots- you will temporarily lose one or both based on progress on the tech tree or map, but you can generally abort back to the RQs. When you reach the end of tech and the map, you end up with 3 RQ slots.

I know there are some people that work the HQS into Modern (and maybe beyond).

In my CE city, I leave my slots to Coins and FPs. I complete the UBQ as I fill it. I probably fulfill 40-50 quests (not including UBQ) per day. Less if I'm being lazy when spending FPs.

DeletedUser29623

Thank you. I’m still in Colonial and in the map I’ve gotten into the bonus questline for Industrial Age, so I can’t abort it and just have to acquire a ton of provinces to get that slot back. Good to know.

DeletedUser34891

Question regarding RQ - StM/LH/RAH importance
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,
I'm in CA, a few numbers:
Number of ClockMaker - 70
LH - 10
StM - 8
No RAH
CF - 6

I've been doing RQ for a few month and its great.
I've made a detailed excel calculating the daily FP generated from RQ, taking everything into account (including UBQ, UBQ earnings, bonuses, etc..).
I currently generate 25 FP daily (calculated - average).

When I try to see how many FP I will earn if I build RAH (level 8) and level up StM (to 10), I get additional 3.5 FP daily.
This is after investing 3600 (!) FP in leveling these GB.
So this investment will return itself after more than 1000 days.
(BTW, calculating with CF level 10 gives even lower benefit)

My question is: Does this make sense to anyone who has done the excel/math?

Thanks!

RazorbackPirate

Question regarding RQ - StM/LH/RAH importance
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,
I'm in CA, a few numbers:
Number of ClockMaker - 70
LH - 10
StM - 8
No RAH
CF - 6

I've been doing RQ for a few month and its great.
I've made a detailed excel calculating the daily FP generated from RQ, taking everything into account (including UBQ, UBQ earnings, bonuses, etc..).
I currently generate 25 FP daily (calculated - average).

When I try to see how many FP I will earn if I build RAH (level 8) and level up StM (to 10), I get additional 3.5 FP daily.
This is after investing 3600 (!) FP in leveling these GB.
So this investment will return itself after more than 1000 days.
(BTW, calculating with CF level 10 gives even lower benefit)

My question is: Does this make sense to anyone who has done the excel/math?

Thanks!

This question wne to it's own thread in the questions area. It can be found at theis link.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/recurring-quests-smb-lh-rah-importance.23311/

DeletedUser35735

This thread will disappear on July 11, since Cosmic Raven hasn't logged in over a year. I'm glad to see toolbox danny's condensed version of the strategy. I'll have something to refer to after CR forum account gets deleted.

DeletedUser31308

This thread will disappear on July 11, since Cosmic Raven hasn't logged in over a year. I'm glad to see toolbox danny's condensed version of the strategy. I'll have something to refer to after CR forum account gets deleted.
Did they verify that threads are deleted when the owner is? I'd expect them not to, given my experience in other forums.

RazorbackPirate

Did they verify that threads are deleted when the owner is? I'd expect them not to, given my experience in other forums.

The question was asked on the account deletion thread but with no official answer from Inno, everyone is really taking their best guess at it.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...omatic-account-deletion-feedback.23286/page-4

Maybe someone who's been around the forum would know, If a forum user deletes their own forum account, do their posts disappear? Can you even force it?

I would be surprised if their posts disappeared, but I don't really know one way or another.

Volodya

The question was asked on the account deletion thread but with no official answer from Inno, everyone is really taking their best guess at it.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...omatic-account-deletion-feedback.23286/page-4

Maybe someone who's been around the forum would know, If a forum user deletes their own forum account, do their posts disappear? Can you even force it?

I would be surprised if their posts disappeared, but I don't really know one way or another.
The guy who started the "Plunder progress" thread later deleted his forum account (he's back now) and the thread remained intact. The only change was he was listed as "guest."

*Arturis*

I found that blacksmiths in VF is not very good, they only yield 1 quest done instead of 3 compared to OF era. With 300 blacksmiths I can only get 50 quests done per day, I am switching to foxes quests where I can get 80 quests done per day with 1/2 the space and I can add 18 TF in for 540 extra goods per day.

DeletedUser26965

I found that blacksmiths in VF is not very good, they only yield 1 quest done instead of 3 compared to OF era. With 300 blacksmiths I can only get 50 quests done per day, I am switching to foxes quests where I can get 80 quests done per day with 1/2 the space and I can add 18 TF in for 540 extra goods per day.
Yeah they nealry jacked my whole playstyle up so I still use blacksmiths, what's the time for Fox production? [edit, I built one to see, it's 1 hour] Holographic Research Lab is huge at 5x6 with 2,390 population and 2 lane road requirement so I didn't even consider going that route.

So adding on to this, if you happen to have Innovation Tower and such leveled high enough to cover the population costs of the production buildings perhaps going that route is fine but also keeping in mind you have to sign in every hour to collect and set. For me it's not worth doing, I can fit 360 blacksmits for 60 quests a day and only have to sign in once a day and this leaves me open to play how I like with lots of city space to change to goods/military production of any age and it's a lot cheaper to sell off and rebuild blacksmiths than it is Holographic Research Lab's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29726

Hm - Didn't realise Foxes were the 1 hour production. That's certainly an interesting idea. It'd really cut into my barracks space though.