• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser31096

Perhaps in colonial, can't put down something that big now and collecting that many progressive era goods is not trivial. Current plan is to: Take CF to level 5. CdM to level 4.

My question, is how in the world do you guys get CF prints/goods so early? I know raven mentioned "we as a guild help out", but that is a straight up donation. I am in EMA, I have built StM, LoA, HS and have full CdM prints and goods. CF? Not even close, got 3 prints. Most folks just dont build this thing, it is not popular. Even if I were to build it, it needs a TON of goods, expensive PE goods. Without the CF, the the whole heavy questing strategy falls apart :( Stuck.

CF is essential to really enjoy your rewards.. on 2 worlds i have CF and on another i am buying goods for. in new city in beta need 1 more print. do a lot of guild hopping and aid and snipe all you can to get BP....dont just hit aid button but actually open every body's city PE and above and click on PE only bldgs or decos...many advanced age cities still have PE leftovers you can click and hope for random bp...either traz or CF. : )

DeletedUser26120

Now that I'm trying out HQing a little in beta, I've come to realize that (for me anyway) it's only a good strategy at the start when you have nothing else going for you.

Gets you a neat little stockpile of goods and fp, as well as much needed blueprints. I think new world I will do quest looping until LMA or maybe CA then I'll stop because by ME my city will be filled with GBs and fp-giving event buildings - much like my city on V world. I couldn't do HQing there even if I wanted to, nearly everything in my city is a special 24h building.

So for detractors (looking at you Stephen) you can consider this a good strategy to start out with but I don't think it's a reliable way to sustain high level gameplay in the latter ages when having tons of fp-producing event buildings gives a better payout.

One thing I've noted is that as you camp in ages, you suddenly find yourself with more fps than you can use. If you don't have any gbs yet then this is a great opportunity to camp and look for cheap gb rewards. I have 6 pages of GBs on beta, been getting a lot out of it.

DeletedUser27184

Now that I'm trying out HQing a little in beta, I've come to realize that (for me anyway) it's only a good strategy at the start when you have nothing else going for you.

Gets you a neat little stockpile of goods and fp, as well as much needed blueprints. I think new world I will do quest looping until LMA or maybe CA then I'll stop because by ME my city will be filled with GBs and fp-giving event buildings - much like my city on V world. I couldn't do HQing there even if I wanted to, nearly everything in my city is a special 24h building.

So for detractors (looking at you Stephen) you can consider this a good strategy to start out with but I don't think it's a reliable way to sustain high level gameplay in the latter ages when having tons of fp-producing event buildings gives a better payout.

One thing I've noted is that as you camp in ages, you suddenly find yourself with more fps than you can use. If you don't have any gbs yet then this is a great opportunity to camp and look for cheap gb rewards. I have 6 pages of GBs on beta, been getting a lot out of it.
On C world I got into ME about 5 months ago and I started immediately with the HQS - and its working wonders.

Dursland, I think that when you will reach ME this time, you will have much less special buildings then your saturated existing city. I am also a sucker for special building with FP options, and I ignore CR advise about quite a lot of special buildings. But it takes time to gather those Terraces and Palaces.
Over the last 5 months I got and used about third of the spaces with special buildings, and still I have enough for about 50 hatters more.
I guess that if I will park my city in ME for another year, all the spaces will be used by then, but its still far in the future.
In the mean time, I get tons of medals and Goods. I added quite a few medal expansions and I am working on my 135K medal expansion now.

TDLR;
Unless you park your city for a long time and fill all your spaces with special buildings, ME is great for HQS.

DeletedUser26965

Everyone needs to quit calling it HQS or HQ unless you're doing it CR's way, other than CR's way it's just Recurring Quests you're doing then adding in what you think makes sense for your game.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser26120

Unless you park your city for a long time
Yes I parked in PE for a while, raising all my attack GBs to 10 before I proceeded.

I'll be leveling my GBs this time during HQing so that won't happen again. Maybe you're right then. We will see.

DeletedUser31096

Super good day for HQS today. 58 alchemists. 15 UBQs. 2 collect gold. 1 spend 38 forge points.
Netted 8 medium forge packs! That is 40 FPs! I know it is a statistical aberration, but good to see it work like a charm. I have two swap partners, so pretty much dumped them all into their GBs and expect a return on my CF. If you don't mind the clicking (and I dont mind it on a tablet at all) its pretty fantastic stuff. Also, tons of HMA goods which makes negotiating the first 2 levels of GE rather trivial as long as you are buying the tavern boosts.

DeletedUser

The strategy works in all ages if you actually do it. Most don't.
That directly contradicts CR's posts on the first page of this thread that specify PME, CE and TE as unsuitable for HQS.

Super good day for HQS today. 58 alchemists. 15 UBQs. 2 collect gold. 1 spend 38 forge points.
Netted 8 medium forge packs! That is 40 FPs! I know it is a statistical aberration, but good to see it work like a charm. I have two swap partners, so pretty much dumped them all into their GBs and expect a return on my CF. If you don't mind the clicking (and I dont mind it on a tablet at all) its pretty fantastic stuff. Also, tons of HMA goods which makes negotiating the first 2 levels of GE rather trivial as long as you are buying the tavern boosts.
I get almost 100 FP per day just collecting from my city. Plus dozens of current age and unrefined goods. And coins and supplies. Other than medals, I get way more of everything than I would if I were trying to do HQS. And I don't have to click endlessly to do it. Throw in the few (less than 15) recurring quests that I do loop as I collect and spend, and you couldn't get me to switch playing strategies. :D

DeletedUser

That directly contradicts CR's posts on the first page of this thread that specify PME, CE and TE as unsuitable for HQS.

I get almost 100 FP per day just collecting from my city. Plus dozens of current age and unrefined goods. And coins and supplies. Other than medals, I get way more of everything than I would if I were trying to do HQS. And I don't have to click endlessly to do it. Throw in the few (less than 15) recurring quests that I do loop as I collect and spend, and you couldn't get me to switch playing strategies. :D
So, looping about a dozen recurring quests, and collecting from all my buildings, here are my totals:
130 Current Age goods (CE)
136 Unrefined goods (PE)
10 Miscellaneous goods (PME)
1,854,698 Coins*
-33,170 Supplies*
2653 Medals
91 FPs
2 BPs
*reflects net gain/loss after looping the UBQ each quest abort cycle. Supplies are over 63M, so not worried about running out.
It should also be noted that while the Unrefined goods are randomly distributed among the 5 types, most of the current age goods (90/130) are evenly distributed among the 5 types.

DeletedUser26120

You mean like the highest ranked person in all worlds that is doing HQing?
Who? And is that boosted by diamonds? Like I don't mean just buying the diamond expansions but did he spend hundreds/thousands?

DeletedUser29352

I you read and actually understand the strategy outlined in this thread instead of posting inane gibberish tying to contradict the strategy, you will find that in those eras you cannot do the "produce x" quest. The strategy still works in those eras.

DeletedUser

I you read and actually understand the strategy outlined in this thread instead of posting inane gibberish tying to contradict the strategy, you will find that in those eras you cannot do the "produce x" quest. The strategy still works in those eras.
LOL!!! "Produce x" quest is the strategy!!!!! Apparently, you haven't read and understood the strategy, which is understandable. After all, it is 36 pages of meandering "guide" interrupted constantly by inane "what-do-I-do-now?" posts.

DeletedUser28021

On another note entirely, can anyone estimate supplies and coins needed for level changes beyond CA? I'm trying to decide how much of my stockpile to spend on UBQs while in CA - expecting to be here in CA rather a while yet. I could work it all out by making a hypothetical city map for the next age etc, but that's a lot of work; what I want instead is a rough rule of thumb, like Raven's 8M/8M for sprint from HMA to CA

i thought it was just me, but i noticed a drastic change in FP pack rewards in the last week. lucky to get 1 every other day for about a week now..