• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser28021

Anyone notice a decrease in forge pack rewards of the last few weeks?
I haven't noticed anything. But Inno certainly wants people to *not* save FP, perhaps hoping this will cause them to spend diamonds when they need a bunch of FP all at once.

DeletedUser26120

I have gotten 2 packs today off quests as well. I don't think they've reduced the frequency, maybe just bad luck for you two?

DeletedUser29352

No, Mr. Longshanks, I think CR said UBQ is the strategy :D
Exactly. That and leveling your economic GBs so that you can afford to do UBQ in all eras. Funny that someone who has no understanding of the strategy positively litters the thread with useless posts. And then complains because it is 36 pages!

DeletedUser26965

I've noticed patterns.. Example, I get more FP packs in the afternoon then I do in the morning.

It doesn't matter when you collect.

I know statistically speaking with 100 quests a day I should average over the long term 30fp's a day(6x5fp packs). Today I got four packs so a bit under average but I also got above average in goods and medals. Some days I'll get more than the expected average in fp packs and less in other things. This is all just a matter of probability based on the estimated %'s of rewards, which would be nice for Inno to give us one day not only for quest rewards but also Wishing Wells, Blueprints etc. Why they don't reveal %'s for some things and do for other things I do not know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30900

It doesn't matter when you collect.

I know statistically speaking with 100 quests a day I should average over the long term 30fp's a day(6x5fp packs).
I haven't got 6 packs for a week(maybe longer) already.... but packs are not the only thing I'm chasing for, otherwise I could use all my points and goods to make a trade on arc and snipe peoples GB for life

DeletedUser26965

I haven't got 6 packs for a week(maybe longer) already.... but packs are not the only thing I'm chasing for, otherwise I could use all my points and goods to make a trade on arc and snipe peoples GB for life
I'm not sure what you mean when you say a week. A week for me would be 700 quests only doing 6x24h recurring quests. This only constitutes seven trials which statistically speaking is insignificant.

Not such thing as sniping but yeah I don't want an fp farm myself, I like the freedom Recurring Questing provides.

DeletedUser30900

I'm not sure what you mean when you say a week. A week for me would be 700 quests only doing 6x24h recurring quests. This only constitutes seven trials which statistically speaking is insignificant.

Not such thing as sniping but yeah I don't want an fp farm myself, I like the freedom Recurring Questing provides.
just got 5 pack today, which made my total 5 Fp pack amount break 100 :) was talking about Fp pack per day

DeletedUser

Exactly. That and leveling your economic GBs so that you can afford to do UBQ in all eras. Funny that someone who has no understanding of the strategy positively litters the thread with useless posts. And then complains because it is 36 pages!
The only problem with this view is that without the recurring quest for producing x number of 24 hour productions, you couldn't do very many UBQs. That means that the foundation of HQS isn't UBQ, it is the recurring production quest. That is why you skip certain eras as far as working them for HQS. If the UBQ was the foundation of HQS, you wouldn't have to tech sprint, and you wouldn't have to cut short your stay in any era.

I don't like the HQS strategy, but that doesn't mean I don't understand it. It isn't rocket science, despite CR's claims of painstaking research and testing.

DeletedUser26965

just got 5 pack today, which made my total 5 Fp pack amount break 100 :) was talking about Fp pack per day
You lost me. We know the % for fp packs is around 6%. So depending on how many quests you do in a day will determine how many packs you get. I do 100 quests a day so statistically speaking I can expect 6 packs a day over the long term average.

DeletedUser29352

You lost me. We know the % for fp packs is around 6%. So depending on how many quests you do in a day will determine how many packs you get. I do 100 quests a day so statistically speaking I can expect 6 packs a day over the long term average.
I do a little over 100 a day also. Yesterday I got 11 packs, but I average 6 packs.

DeletedUser29218

122 daily quests here. I stopped gathering statistical data long time ago, but I was at slightly over 7% packs over ~1200 quests.

DeletedUser

No, Mr. Longshanks, I think CR said UBQ is the strategy :D
If you go back and check, you will see that what he actually said is that UBQ is the hidden gem of HQS, but that is a long ways from saying that it is the strategy.