• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser35195

The guide was written long enough ago that the Oracle didn't exist and (maybe, I'm not sure) people weren't routinely leveling their Arcs to 80. Cosmic Raven is long gone and never finished it, so you might want to keep that in mind. Players are generally much more Arc focussed now, although @Stephen Longshanks does not approve!

To @herbgee's post, you can see how I've summarized this in my "condensed" guide here and how I took it and adapted it for my own playstyle here. Again, my apologies to @Stephen Longshanks for pushing my Arc to 80.

But, you'll see in that post that the Oracle doesn't factor in. I built it and leveled it to 5 or so early on to help with happiness, but I ended up deleting it and building Hagia Sophia once my city was big enough to handle the space, but YMMV.

dorlatte

Does anyone know if the playstyle/guide of cosmic raven is still relevant in 2021? Does it still make sense for me to follow this or have the quests/rewards etc changes too much? I feel like no one is playing with CF anymore?

RazorbackPirate

Does anyone know if the playstyle/guide of cosmic raven is still relevant in 2021? Does it still make sense for me to follow this or have the quests/rewards etc changes too much? I feel like no one is playing with CF anymore?
Yes. 100%. In fact, running Recurring Quests is a standard part of many players' game, including me. While some of the specifics about buildings, etc. are outdated, the concepts still stand.

Algona

Sorry, RP, your answer is off a bit.

RQs are an easy way to earn a lot of valuable Resources. A hyper leveled CF is incredibly powerful.

Efficient farming RQs is something that can and should be learned to help accelerate city growth as it gives additional Rewards for actions you already do in game.

However, as good as CR's Guide was four years ago (see the first non CR post in this thread) it is currently horribly outdated.

This Guide was written years before the three biggest factors currently in rapid city advancement, SB power creep, Arc ubiquity, or GBG were added to the game.

Yes, learn and use RQs and get and power CF as adjuncta to your primary development strategy but not as the primary strategy for fastest game state advancement.

Right now there's a fair amount of experimentation going on between two camps for the best rapid city building technique.

Developing GBG potential first to speed up Arc acquisition and powering or acquiring and powering Arc to make acquiring GBG proficiency easier.

Both techniques leverage the ability to do RQs, GE, Events, and DCs to advance the primary strategy.

Barrel Aged

YMMV on specifics, but the basics:

- CF until you don't need goods buildings
- Inno until you don't need residential buildings
- Alcatraz until you don't need happiness buildings

...is a good approach. Those three buildings all free up more space than they consume.

Looping collect-coins quests with SOK's and SSW's is more efficient than looping 24-hour production quests, but it takes a little while to accumulate enough of them. Once your Arc is L80, you might switch to looping spend-FP quests while locking GB slots instead.

Once the only age-specific buildings you have are barracks (and up to LMA it can just be champs and rogues), it's super easy to age up. I wouldn't camp out too long in any one age. As long as you can get through all of GE, have enough goods and FPs in stock to do the tech tree, plus a few thousand of each current-era good, go ahead and level up, especially if you have something useful to put on the additional space.

(Yes, in LMA it's possible to make your CF into a perpetual motion machine, and generate as many 5-FP packs as you have the patience to generate, but it's really boring.)

ol man Rufus

I am using Cosmic Raven's ideas in two worlds. One world is Progressive Era and the other is Industrial Era. I have been following the advice for more than a year (when I started, both cities were in the HMA) and have found it relevant today. (except for new event buildings coming after his postings)
Both my cities rely on GB's, fully leveled event buildings as well as W/wells, SoK's and FoY's. I have NO houses and NO Goods Production buildings in either city. His advice is particularly useful in choosing GB's to construct.
If you have specific questions, I would be please to try and help

RufusXZ

It's hilarious that this guide which was created in very-late 2016 was already outdated for its time. Several people have already gotten their Arcs to level 80 (Addonexus's Arc was level 85 at least in March 1st, 2016), and can just churn as many spend FPs RQs as they want. I definitely disagree with taking the SMB and LoA to 10 before dropping other GBs.

Last edited: