• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Cost in goods relating to the GvG

DeletedUser26120

There is no set cost for gvg, it increases with each sector you take.

Sieges can be as low as 10 or 20 of each good, but can increase to over 1,000 of each good.

If you want your guild to prosper in gvg then donate as much as you can spare.

wolfhoundtoo

The amount of goods that need to be donated to the guild treasury is going to depend on a lot of factors.....including basically the guilds goals. If your guild intends to do GVG then the amount you that will need to be donated is dependent upon the number of sectors you hope to take, the amount of fighting you'll need to take them (each siege costs goods) and of course how much you'll have to spend to unlock army slots and perhaps retake sectors when you are (in turn) attacked as the owner of a sector on the map.

As for what you should be donating I'd use a rough rule of thumb based on the levels for GE that they are opening (only the 1st level is free) so you should donate what it costs for you when the guild unlocks those levels. Generally speaking a 'light' requirement would probably be 100 or so goods as that will help the guild build the treasury over time.

Doesn't your guild have some kind of expectation of what you should donate? If not as mentioned above donate what you need to pay for GE and say roughly a week's worth of goods for 1 factory. You can always donate larger amounts if the guild decides on a plan that requires more goods.

DeletedUser32172

Doesn't your guild have some kind of expectation of what you should donate? If not as mentioned above donate what you need to pay for GE and say roughly a week's worth of goods for 1 factory. You can always donate larger amounts if the guild decides on a plan that requires more goods.

Funny you should ask that. Ummmm, not really for several reasons. First, after I made a comment about our guild founder/leader being akin to an absentee landlord, the guild was promptly, er, dumped in my lap. I don't mind, necessarily, but it's been more of a challenge than I thought it would be, and as one of the founders wants to get into the GvG, but is only slightly newer than I am in the game, he doesn't know how to play it. And quite frankly, neither do I. The so called tutorial...doesn't. Ergo, that particular question.

I had been trying to find some specifics about how treasury donations and inactive players affect the guild when I came across that page that I originally posted. After a week or more of trying to find something similar, or even a better explanation on just HOW to play GvG, I gave up and finally posted my question.

It doesn't exactly help that non of our players have been playing more than a year, and most, less than 4 or 5 months; like me. I'd had about a month and a half under my belt when I was handed the reins to our guild. The only reason I had ANY idea of what I was doing was because I'd become so addicted to the game, I'd made 5 cities, now 6, but I'm only active in 4...sorta. The founder of the guild I was "given" essentially asked me to do the same thing with the sister guild in another world. I originally turned it down, but after saving EVERYTHING I'd written up for the first guild, I felt comfortable enough opening 1 last city to help out.

Anyway, you've answered my question, and then some. And since it's been like pulling teeth garnering interest in the GvG, I don't anticipate actually playing it. At least not immediately.

Thanks for answering, guys. I really appreciate it. I'm just sorry it took so long for me to even realize someone answered. Heh, I never check my e-mail, so, yeah, I didn't realize anyone had even seen the question. So, again, thank you!

wolfhoundtoo

Funny you should ask that. Ummmm, not really for several reasons. First, after I made a comment about our guild founder/leader being akin to an absentee landlord, the guild was promptly, er, dumped in my lap. I don't mind, necessarily, but it's been more of a challenge than I thought it would be, and as one of the founders wants to get into the GvG, but is only slightly newer than I am in the game, he doesn't know how to play it. And quite frankly, neither do I. The so called tutorial...doesn't. Ergo, that particular question.

I had been trying to find some specifics about how treasury donations and inactive players affect the guild when I came across that page that I originally posted. After a week or more of trying to find something similar, or even a better explanation on just HOW to play GvG, I gave up and finally posted my question.

It doesn't exactly help that non of our players have been playing more than a year, and most, less than 4 or 5 months; like me. I'd had about a month and a half under my belt when I was handed the reins to our guild. The only reason I had ANY idea of what I was doing was because I'd become so addicted to the game, I'd made 5 cities, now 6, but I'm only active in 4...sorta. The founder of the guild I was "given" essentially asked me to do the same thing with the sister guild in another world. I originally turned it down, but after saving EVERYTHING I'd written up for the first guild, I felt comfortable enough opening 1 last city to help out.

Anyway, you've answered my question, and then some. And since it's been like pulling teeth garnering interest in the GvG, I don't anticipate actually playing it. At least not immediately.

Thanks for answering, guys. I really appreciate it. I'm just sorry it took so long for me to even realize someone answered. Heh, I never check my e-mail, so, yeah, I didn't realize anyone had even seen the question. So, again, thank you!

My advice if you want to get your feet wet is simply to do iron age or early middle age GVG. Generally you can find sector that aren't owned by anyone if you look hard enough that will let you get the idea of how it would work. The 80 defensive armies can be quite daunting for beginners (and that's without an active defender).

DeletedUser11463

Another option for getting goods is to build up observatories (donates X number of goods for the age the owner is in). So if you are in Early Middle ages, then an observatory (obs) would give you X amount of Early Middle age goods per collection which is once per day. This is good up until Arctic when GvG no longer uses goods but medals. Other Great buildings like Atomium and The Arc do the same thing although the Arc has another great benefit which merits its own discussion. If you have many people in your guild with and Obs, you can cut back on the individual donations or even eliminate them entirely.

DeletedUser32172

My advice if you want to get your feet wet is simply to do iron age or early middle age GVG. Generally you can find sector that aren't owned by anyone if you look hard enough that will let you get the idea of how it would work. The 80 defensive armies can be quite daunting for beginners (and that's without an active defender).

Thanks for that information. It basically confirmed the direction my brain was taking concerning GvG. I'll pass that by our guild founder and we'll go from there! If you wish to look me up, I play in E, H, P and V worlds. I can't send out any more friend requests in V, but I'm honestly not sure about the others. If you're full up, that's fine. I'm just wanting to do a bit of networking, especially with those who have a MUCH better idea of how to play the game than I do. ;)

DeletedUser32172

Another option for getting goods is to build up observatories (donates X number of goods for the age the owner is in). So if you are in Early Middle ages, then an observatory (obs) would give you X amount of Early Middle age goods per collection which is once per day. This is good up until Arctic when GvG no longer uses goods but medals. Other Great buildings like Atomium and The Arc do the same thing although the Arc has another great benefit which merits its own discussion. If you have many people in your guild with and Obs, you can cut back on the individual donations or even eliminate them entirely.

This particular guild, no. I'm going through friends, but usually neighbors, for blueprints for an OBS.

I started most of my cities pretty much in the same week, but I've only just recently gotten one in 1 city (V world, my second or third city, I'd have to check) and oddly, the ToR in my first world (P). What's even stranger is I just picked up an entire set of blueprints for RAH the V world city and I wasn't even LOOKING for it! Completely accidental!

And even in the larger, more established guilds/worlds, I'm still looking outside my guild for blueprints. Most of the OBS in them are between levels 4-6 and the players aren't actively leveling them (many have an Arc already), so instead of being the ONLY player to plop FP's into them, I'm looking for lower level ones that aren't getting a bunch of other contestants, so to speak.

I've just found that spreading out my search that way is getting me more blueprints, overall.

I've been doing my research, generally speaking, concerning GB's overall, the OBS, Arc and the Atomium. Though, I know more about the Arc than the Atomium. It seems more people have the former rather than the latter.

I'm trying to actively recruit for the H world guild, and am encouraging the other players to do the same, but it's slow going. And I'm not even the most advanced city/player in that guild. Just the one who wanted to see more active leadership and was about to leave when the founder, essentially, begged me to stay. It's been a blast building the guild up, but it really IS work, too, between getting the guild moving in the right direction and working on my city. Though, when I accidentally flipped from IA to EMA during the Halloween Event in just about all my cities, I've gone ahead and worked through the research tree to just 1 branch shy of HMA (primarily, because the last 3 out of 4 are extensions), and have managed to avoid flipping during the Winter Event, I've been camping ever since. I think that was my point.

(My apologies; I have insomnia and you're getting me at the tail end of over 24 hours up. Not my longest, by far, and I'm staying up for a very specific reason at this point, otherwise, I'd be asleep by now; so, thoughts are wandering and even after reading and re-reading what I've just written, I'm still not picking up on my original chain of thought. Again, I apologize.)

Overall, (and I haven't gone back to read how I worded my original question), I just wanted to know if there were bare minimum requirements for the GvG, similar to the GE, and I'm finding the answer is, generally speaking, nope, not really. It all depends on quite a few factors. Which, I'm sure when I go back to re-read this again, it'll all come together, but ATM, I'm getting fuzzy. So, I only need to stay up for another 45 minutes tops then it's off to lala land, but here and now, I'm signing off.

Thanks for the responce. :D