• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cost of FP

67Sage101

Was reading an old thread where a well known user talked about clicking to buy 600,000,000 worth of FP. That is <=6922 clicks.

And here's a fun fact. If that converted to diamonds at 50d = 1FP Then we should be able to buy diamonds with coins and get 346,100. :D

Ebeondi Asi

I'm the person who bought the 600,000,000 Coins worth.. As Pickleweasel mentions the cost of each Fp goes up 50 Coins each one you buy ... forever.. So when I spent the six hundred million Coins... Each FP for me started out at 340,000 or so.. LOL
I am up to 415,000 or so per now.

wolfhoundtoo

At his starting cost of 314,000 that's less than 2,000 fps so no he didn't max out his GBs. Not sure what specifically they were spent on buy when I buy them I tend to use them for trades I need to pick up, sometimes to complete a GB if i was in a hurry, sometimes to give a boost to a guild mate, sometimes (back when i began playing really not so much today) to complete the invest a certain number of FPs for events. My next FP costs 979,900.

Ebeondi Asi

I used them because there is no reason for me at this time in the game, to be saving up a billion Coins. So I use them. i am constantly buying Forge Points with Coins in general. Just that World I had been busy with other stuff and in a month or so I had over seven hundred million to blow. So I used most of them, leaving a few. (a hundred million in reserve)
I do not see any point for me to have(at this time in my game) mountains of Coins. I do know I will need mountains of Coins in late Eras.. just not right now. an Coins add up fast...
Turning the Coins into useful stuff is a smarter move for me. Helping level GBs

Darkest.Knight

Put up SMB after I finished up story questline and started spending gold on fps, I've been buying 100+/day for about 9 mo. and have bought 32000. After purchasing 32000 the cost is 1.6M/fps, I should be able to buy quite a few more since I'm cranking out about 180M gold/day.

Sharmon the Impaler

Put up SMB after I finished up story questline and started spending gold on fps, I've been buying 100+/day for about 9 mo. and have bought 32000. After purchasing 32000 the cost is 1.6M/fps, I should be able to buy quite a few more since I'm cranking out about 180M gold/day.

180M coins per day ? I get 17.4 million per day and thought I was getting a lot , that is 67.5 billion coins per year.

Wwwoodchuck

I have been playing for 588 days. I have only purchased FP when asked to for a Quest, only event quests I believe. All except for Forge Bowl…. Whatever year it was when I started, I have complete every questline for every event. My next FP costs 14,000 coins. With the coins I have accumulated, I would be able to purchase 14,731 FP. HaHa!! (5.63G Coins) And no. I do not plan to start buying them just to use coins. I thought it would be interesting to see how much they would eventually cost just fulfilling Quest requirements.

Ebeondi Asi

The problem is converting them. If you never do it, then the day(s) you want to, your finger is going to wither in the attempt.
I convert Coins to Forge Points every single day. I used to keep a base of 20 million, minimum, now I keep a base of 100 million. I plan soon (after I finish getting St. Mark's Basilica to level 80) to keep a base total of one billion Coins. and constantly convert the rest into Forge Points. (the one billion only because I plan soon to enter Arctic Era, and the need for Coins to do Research does increase as the Eras increase)
My current cost is around 640,000 Coins per FP. I generally get 40 to 60 million Coins a day currently. I see zero problem having a future Coin to FP cost of a million plus.
THe reason to do this exchange is those coins sitting there do nothing for you. The converted to Forge Points do plenty. Leveling up GBs is a much better strategy as investment than hoarding several billion sitting doing nothing.

Ebeondi Asi

An update I now am in Arctic, have the one billion coins saved and more, plus my cost per FP is edging to 800,000 Coins per FP. With a level 80 St Marks in my cities I generally create an extra 60 plus Forge points a day added from Coins.

Lord Pest

An update I now am in Arctic, have the one billion coins saved and more, plus my cost per FP is edging to 800,000 Coins per FP. With a level 80 St Marks in my cities I generally create an extra 60 plus Forge points a day added from Coins.

when you get to OF there is a buy 5 fp recurring quest. In VF there is a buy 15 fp recurring quest.

Karen Isaacsdottir

What do you have that autocollects coins? Asking as a new player...

Xenosaur

I do love math. For those of you that can watch this unfold, please do. It's kinda cool.

Let's make the problem simple. I have 1005 dollars. I can buy gems starting @ 2 dollar, and they go up .50 each time I buy a new one. Very similar to the FP for coins model used in FoE.

Here's your variables:

Y = bank of dollars (1005)
G = cost of the first gem (2)
X= Cost of each additional gem (.5)
N = how many gems can you buy?

You want to know how many gems you can buy, so the equation for that is expanded to look like this:

Y = G + (G + X), + (G + 2X) + ... + (G + NX)

If you rearrange the terms, you get this:

Y = (N+1) G + (1+2+3+...+N) X

As it turns out, 1+2+3+...+N = (N² + N)X/2

So ... the equation to solve for Y is:

Y = (N+1)G + (N² + N)X/2

If you plug in the values of Y = 1005, G = 2 and X=.5 ... you'll see N = 59.
Or more simply perhaps, plug in N = 59, G = 2 and X = .5 and you'll get 1005 for Y.

The equation is quadratic, in the variable N. You could simplify the right hand side if you see that it looks like a 2nd degree polynomial in the variable N of the form a + bn + cN².

Now.. this solves (at the moment), for Y.

To make it solve for N (how many gems you can get) in terms of Y, G, X - we'll have to take the quadratic equation, and "complete the square" in the variable N.

That's for another time.. :)