• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cost of Lanterns on Spring Event

DeletedUser34990

My guild, Castle Spires feel that the cost to aquire Lanterns is way too high, ranging from 5250 to 144,000 for 15 Lanterns. Future Events should take this into consideration when planning out prize redeamability. Multiple complaints to me , as Co-Leader, have prompted a response. I am aware that the Spring Event is about to expire, but future Events should be a bit less costly to achieve prizes. So say we all, The "Castle Spires"

DeletedUser31440

Somebody paid 144,000 yellow lizard tails for 15 Lanterns? That's ridiculous! Where'd he find that many yellow lizards? Do yellow lizards grow their tails back, or did he kill 144,000 of them?

DeletedUser13736

Somebody paid 144,000 yellow lizard tails for 15 Lanterns? That's ridiculous! Where'd he find that many yellow lizards? Do yellow lizards grow their tails back, or did he kill 144,000 of them?
yellow lizards grow their tails back...green lizards on the other hand....

DeletedUser13736

You can buy 480 lanterns for 1995 diamonds. That's about 30-ish dollars on a non-sale day. Where are you getting 5250-144,000 for 15 at?

DeletedUser34990

You can buy 480 lanterns for 1995 diamonds. That's about 30-ish dollars on a non-sale day. Where are you getting 5250-144,000 for 15 at?
Good Sir, I have 5 cities in FoE and from personal experience, I've been asked for 5250 supplies, 27,000 coin and 57,000 supplies. Also I am a Co-Leader and I was told by one of my Guild-mates that they where asked for 144,000 supplies. This last one is unsubstantiated but I have no reason to doubt having seen the large numbers witnessed by myself. So I hope I have answered your question successfully. Later my friend, MasterSir Loopy

DeletedUser26965

The quest requirements scale with age so a player in IA will have to pay 20 of something whereas the player in OF will have to pay 2,000 of that same thing.

They design events knowing exactly how much of the thing is needed to buy things to give to players and spread that over how ever many quests they feel like putting in and any other mechanic that may be part of the event. So the 15 lanterns you get per quest is merely a consequence of that and really has nothing to do with what the quest is asking for.

Not sure why your guildmates would complain to you about it, I'd be like what the heck do you want me to do, I didn't design this dang thing.

DeletedUser31882

May as well toss your comment into the feedback thread, if you get the chance.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/spring-event-2018-feedback.22222/

As sloppyjoeslayer pointed out, the quest requirements are designed to scale and be balanced to whatever tech era you are in. Your feedback may be improved if you list the specific tasks & tech era it was assigned. Maybe an explanation of why you and guildies felt the quests were too much work for little reward.

Then cross your fingers that Inno reads all the posts in that thread.

DeletedUser34990

The quest requirements scale with age so a player in IA will have to pay 20 of something whereas the player in OF will have to pay 2,000 of that same thing.

They design events knowing exactly how much of the thing is needed to buy things to give to players and spread that over how ever many quests they feel like putting in and any other mechanic that may be part of the event. So the 15 lanterns you get per quest is merely a consequence of that and really has nothing to do with what the quest is asking for.

Not sure why your guildmates would complain to you about it, I'd be like what the heck do you want me to do, I didn't design this dang thing.
I know that it's not part of the job description, but, I did what I did because I care for my fellow Guild-Mates and I try to help in any situation. I am a newby at being a Co-Leader so I am bound to make some mistakes, but each time that happens, I learn! I really appreciate you're taking the time to answer the question brought to the table. I will go back and explain to my peeps exactly what you said and let them take from there. Hope you have a marvelous day and weekend! Sincerely, MasterSir Loopy