• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Could life exist on other planets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannister the Rich

Then why not clarify? How hard is that? I've been clear about my beliefs, why can't you be?
You made the claim, not Stephen. It is not up to Stephen to prove you wrong, it is up to you to prove yourself right. Burden of proof and a logical fallacy.

Also, stop derailing my topic. This is about extraterrestrial life, not your quibble.

RazorbackPirate

You made the claim, not Stephen. It is not up to Stephen to prove you wrong, it is up to you to prove yourself right. Burden of proof and a logical fallacy.

Also, stop derailing my topic. This is about extraterrestrial life, not your quibble.
I'm not trying to prove anyone right, or anyone wrong. I am stating my beliefs. With his answer, @Stephen Longshanks implies a belief in evolution, which I believe stands in direct opposition to the Word of God. I'm simply asking for him to clarify as you did and I have.

Evolution and allegory, or a literal 6-day creation exactly as stated.

Although I do believe there's ample scientific evidence to trust God's Word as written, I also believe one needs to do their own research. While I'm happy to point to areas of investigation for those who want to investigate, I don't much care either way. I'm only going to have to answer for myself in the end.

It's merely a personal point of frustration to encounter people with a level of clarity equaling a mud puddle. I also question how much of scripture one can throw out before Jesus becomes just "some guy who said something." (Thanks Rep. Omar, or whatever her real name is.)

Freshmeboy

Regardless of your belief Razor, the fossil record shows the proof of evolution..there are aspects of evolution we still don't understand but that doesn't mean its false. I won't be so arrogant as to deny there is a diety that set the process in motion because I don't know. Furthermore, despite what your writings from thousands of years ago say, its allegorical tales, its mystical stories of a messiah and lack of science backing its claims, neither do you....

Last edited:

Lannister the Rich

I'm not trying to prove anyone right, or anyone wrong. I am stating my beliefs. With his answer, @Stephen Longshanks implies a belief in evolution, which I believe stands in direct opposition to the Word of God. I'm simply asking for him to clarify as you did and I have.
That is a bold faced lie. You made an objective statement about Stephen being a leader in his church and imbued it with your own subjectivity of what it should take to be a leader of said church. If you don’t know what his stance is, then you have NO right to make a claim such that he is a terrible leader and that his followers will suffer a terrible fate in the end unless they change their belief. THAT is arguing about your religious belief and it is NOT THE TOPIC of this thread!! I asked nicely before, but you persist in this derailment of the discussion about religious politics. Don’t comment here anymore unless you have something fruitful about extraterrestrial life! And given your past comments, I don’t think you do...so just STOP

Lannister the Rich

Point to clarify, if you have an opinion about the existence of extraterrestrial life that includes a religious belief, then it is fine to comment on it (so Stephen says and I double checked the rules and there’s nothing that says no religious beliefs). HOWEVER, it does say no religion vs scientific debates. That is NOT what this thread was intended to be about.

This is the US server, and in America, there’s what we call freedom of religion. This is not the place to debate religious beliefs in or outside of this forum. Do not correct others on their religious beliefs. Do not judge others for their religious beliefs. Bite your tongue, and get over it. I’m not a mod, nor have I ever claimed to be, but I started this thread, and gosh darn it I don’t want it closed because some people can’t keep to themselves about a very personal matter.

RazorbackPirate

Regardless of your belief Razor, the fossil record shows the proof of evolution..there are aspects of evolution we still don't understand but that doesn't mean its false. I won't be so arrogant as to deny there is a deity that set the process in motion because I don't know. Furthermore, despite what your writings from thousands of years ago say, its allegorical tales, its mystical stories of a messiah and lack of science backing its claims, neither do you....
I understand that you believe that, however, the fossil record actually shows the evidence of Noah's flood. There is much wrong with the fossil record, most notably, that fossils are dated by the sedimentary layer they're found within, with the sedimentary layers themselves dated by the fossils found within it. Circular referencing at it's finest.

In addition, the boundary between between sedimentary layers show no activity of creatures that live in sediment, something that would be very evident had the layers been laid down over thousands or millions of years as purported.

Also, fossil graveyards like we see in the north central United States have fossils of creatures that scientists believe never lived together, all jumbled up together, a strong indication that as the flood waters rose, these creatures fled to higher ground, clumping them together until even the higher ground became inundated killing them all, together, at the same time.

There are also multiple examples of fish fossilized in the process of eating another fish. This is a clear indication that whatever covered those fish was a sudden, violent act, not fish dying a natural death and settling to the bottom of the ocean and slowly covered in sediment as evolutionary scientists would have us believe. Then there's stuff like this:

iu

Petrified trees cutting through 'hundreds of thousands' of years of sedimentary layers, something evolutionary scientists refuse to even attempt to explain.

While we're on it, why don't you investigate how genetics work and how evolution's requirement of constant additions to the genetic code flies in the face of observed reality and current DNA understanding. While you're at it, look into genetic dead ends, English Bulldogs are a great place to start. In only 200 years, the breed is effectively done. A great example of why many geneticists agree that the human genome cannot be as old as evolutionists would have us believe, surmising that the human genome would have reached it's dead end in about 10,000 years.

Don't think for a moment that because I stand for the voracity of Scripture that I'm some scientific rube. In fact, the opposite is true. I've likely spent more hours studying the various sciences than you've spent breathing. Maybe if you weren't so closed minded, you'd actually learn something. At least you're willing to state you don't know. If you could get over yourself for a minute, you might be willing to do some research and apply some independent thought to know. Don't worry though, I won't hold my breath.

Furthermore, despite what your writings from thousands of years ago say, its allegorical tales, its mystical stories of a messiah and lack of science backing its claims, neither do you....
I used to think exactly like this. I also argued exactly these points. Then I decided to read the book myself, do my own research, just to settle in my mind once and for all it was all bunk. It took me almost 3 years of constant study. You can see the end result of my quest.

I challenge you to do the same, but doubt you will. You won't risk coming to the same conclusion, the ramifications in this life (as I found out first hand) are much too great. However, the ramifications of continued ignorance are even greater. Word has it that hell is hot and eternity is a very, very, long time. But such is the freedom granted to you. Christ will not force you to love Him, believe in Him, or spend eternity with him. Such is the nature of free will.

Oh well. As He said, "wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it." At least you'll have plenty of company.

RazorbackPirate

Point to clarify, if you have an opinion about the existence of extraterrestrial life that includes a religious belief, then it is fine to comment on it (so Stephen says and I double checked the rules and there’s nothing that says no religious beliefs). HOWEVER, it does say no religion vs scientific debates. That is NOT what this thread was intended to be about.

This is the US server, and in America, there’s what we call freedom of religion. This is not the place to debate religious beliefs in or outside of this forum. Do not correct others on their religious beliefs. Do not judge others for their religious beliefs. Bite your tongue, and get over it. I’m not a mod, nor have I ever claimed to be, but I started this thread, and gosh darn it I don’t want it closed because some people can’t keep to themselves about a very personal matter.
You keep trying to create a separation between science and religion that even your own Catholic Church doesn't.

Care to comment on the fact that both Astrophysics and the Planetary Sciences were created by Jesuit priests, or how they've dominated those fields of study since their inception? How about the fact that these Jesuit scientists tell us that we have seasons because the Earth is tilted at exactly 23.4 degrees? What about the fact that 23.4 subtracted from 90 = 66.6? (Just a coincidence, I'm sure.) How about the Vatican jointly operating the L.U.C.I.F.E.R. binocular telescope? (Surely, they're not mocking us.) Maybe a comment on the current Jesuit Pope's recent statements about baptizing aliens? Seems he believes like you and can't wait for them to arrive. (I'm thinking soon.)

You're the one debating science vs. religion. Go back and read my posts, they are science confirming Scripture. Scripture is not religion. In fact, religion sucks. Yup, I wrote that.

Yes, we have freedom of religion in America. We also have freedom of speech. Sorry if you don't like me exercising either of those God given rights.

RazorbackPirate

Mods please close this thread. It's clear that @RazorbackPirate doesn't want us to have a peaceful conversation about life on other planets and would rather shove his religion down our throats.
I've made multiple scientific points in each of my comments, yet you've dealt with none of them. Now that it's clear how far out of your depth you are, you're choosing to run away.

Why not do some research, maybe learn something for a change? Pick one point, any point, and refute it scientifically. I dare you. In fact, given your current avatar, I double dog dare you.

I suspect you won't, because I suspect you can't. As in, unable to do independent research and form independent thoughts. After all, you are a product of the current indoctrination system. They stopped teaching research and critical thinking decades ago. But you tow the party line, just as they've trained you to.

Good boy! Who's a good boy. Lanny's a good boy.

Lannister the Rich

I've made multiple scientific points in each of my comments, yet you've dealt with none of them. Now that it's clear how far out of your depth you are, you're choosing to run away.

Why not do some research, maybe learn something for a change? Pick one point, any point, and refute it scientifically. I dare you. In fact, given your current avatar, I double dog dare you.

I suspect you won't, because I suspect you can't. As in, unable to do independent research and form independent thoughts. After all, you are a product of the current indoctrination system. They stopped teaching research and critical thinking decades ago. But you tow the party line, just as they've trained you to.

Good boy! Who's a good boy. Lanny's a good boy.
Alright, did some research, since you seem intent on also picking a fight (was with Stephen, now with me). So, I went back through all of your comments and guess what I found? Not a shred of scientific evidence. Scripture is not scientific evidence, bub. How about you cite some sources, and I’m talking about a scientific journal. You’re making claims and telling people to do their research when I’m willing to bet your research is the Bible. So which point would you like me to pick exactly? Because you haven’t made any with proof.

“Wah, the scientists are lying. Wake up, sheeple! If you read one book your whole life, you will understand all knowledge if that book is the King James Bible. Make sure to take everything literally! The earth is flat; vaccines cause autism; and we never went to the moon! Also, Q-anon is a brilliant, totally legit source.”

You can’t say scientists lie, refute things accepted by the church, and say that the scripture is all the scientific evidence you need, because you’re contradicting yourself. Talk about no critical thinking...

Also, stop calling higher education “indoctrination”. You just sound weird calling it that. I have a degree, and I learned more critical thinking at the university I went to than I’d ever learned elsewhere (which is not to say it wasn’t taught) just because you haven’t been to school in 50 years should tell you you don’t have a clue about what’s being taught in schools all over America. Get over yourself. You think I lack critical thinking?

...Act like I’m a dog...you incite anger in people to get a reaction. Well, you got one. My picture is my dog that just died, so thank you for that. Are you going to tell me now that since my dog didn’t have a soul he’s burning in hell? You want to insult me and contribute nothing to this conversation about life on other planets?

I’m not doing any research to prove you wrong. It’s not up to me to do that. Cite some sources, legitimate sources, no ChristiansRuleScienceSucks.com.

Would still like this thread closed. This discussion is far from extraterrestrial life. @RazorbackPirate made sure of that...you should be ashamed, but you don’t know what shame is, do you? Like Adam and Eve before the Apple? You’re better than them, right? I bet you would never have eaten that fruit. At least you think that about yourself..

Last edited:

Freshmeboy

Sorry Lann, I can't let this slide..Razor has some background but its tainted by his bull headed stance with writings from two thousand years ago, conceived by men, written by men and governed by men far past its technology...
Yes, Razor, there was a flood. Two of them in fact. Before I get on my research horse, check out Meltwater Pulse 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E and 1xo..all documented by river sediments in the Wisconsin gorge, Mississippi River, Columbia River Gorge. And that's just North America. The other floods happened in Asia and resulted in the demise of most of the large mammals on the planet and damn near wiped humans out. At least it sent them back to the stone age. From that devasatation man rose again, built new megalithic structures and repopulated the planet creating new religions as time went on..including YOURS...
The flood was proven in the 40's by Harlan Bretz, a geologist that didn't get his due until 50 years later..its his work that shows the ice caps melted quickly causing the last major extinction. All that you see on the planet..all the rivers, their courses, the ocean and its waves, the trees and fields of your home state are 12000 years old..and so is the newfound warmth this planet has recieved over the last 12 millenia. Science shows this-scientific fact, not some fictional writings from the remnants of a human society driven back into caves after world wide devasatation.
Get off your high horse, stop claiming scripture is the be-all end-all to man's past, present and future..it's OK to say 'I don't know' when there is little evidence for your ideas ..scinetists, at least, say that all the time ...

Status
Not open for further replies.