• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

COVID-19

DeletedUser

People will get immunity if they get it. Since it is so wide-spread, almost everyone will get it and almost everyone will have immunity. Most cases are very mild. Older people and those with underlying illnesses, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, are at increased risk. 80% of deaths were in those over 60, and 75% had a significant pre-existing health condition such as cardiovascular disease or diabetes.

That said, the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is far more deadly than the seasonal flu. A big source of false news is from people who are confusing ‘mortality rate’ with ‘case fatality rate’

Mortality Rate = Total deaths to disease/ total population

Case fatality rate = total deaths by disease/ total cases of the disease

South Korea — which has reported some of the lowest coronavirus death rates of any country — still has a COVID-19 death rate more than eight times higher than that of the flu. So even if the USA manages the same case fatality rate as South Korea, the overall death rate in the US from last year's flu season was about 0.1%. That is about 8.5 times LOWER than South Korea's COVID-19 death rate.

The biggest danger is the “infodemic” of false news and unscientific BS floating around. This is a serious virus, and many people will die. Be responsible, get news from legitimate sources of information, like the World Health Organization or the CDC.

Washing hands is best defense. When you go shopping, or touch surfaces that other people have touched, do not touch your face until you have washed your hands. Also, try to avoid crowds, staying about 2-3 feet away from people as much as possible. For now, don't shake hands with people.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

You're posting this why? You think we've not heard this before why?

POTUS states yesterday that we know exactly where it came from, 3 hours later Bill Gates steps down from the MS and Berkshire boards.

1584223947053.png

Captain Christian

Coronavirus Disease 2019

COVID-19

C-
C is the 3rd letter of the alphabet, add a 3.
O- O is 0, 0 does not get counted
V-
I-
VI is six in Roman Numerals,
D- D is the 4th letter of the alphabet, add a 4.
So, 3+4+6=13, add to that 10 generations ever produced of the Toyota Corona, 10+13=23
Finally, merge it with the 19 to get...
23-19! That explains all the panic of this novel coronavirus!

Last edited:

Godly Luke

People will get immunity if they get it. Since it is so wide-spread, almost everyone will get it and almost everyone will have immunity. Most cases are very mild. Older people and those with underlying illnesses, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, are at increased risk. 80% of deaths were in those over 60, and 75% had a significant pre-existing health condition such as cardiovascular disease or diabetes.

That said, the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is far more deadly than the seasonal flu. A big source of false news is from people who are confusing ‘mortality rate’ with ‘case fatality rate’

South Korea — which has reported some of the lowest coronavirus death rates of any country — still has a COVID-19 death rate more than eight times higher than that of the flu. So even if the USA manages the same case fatality rate as South Korea, the overall death rate in the US from last year's flu season was about 0.1%. That is about 8.5 times LOWER than South Korea's COVID-19 death rate.

The biggest danger is the “infodemic” of false news and unscientific BS floating around. This is a serious virus, and many people will die. Be responsible, get mews from legitimate sources of information, like the World Health Organization or the CDC.

Washing hands is best defense. When you go shopping, or touch surfaces that other people have touched, do not touch your face until you have washed your hands. Also, try to avoid crowds, staying about 2-3 feet away from people as much as possible. For now, don't shake hands with people. You are young and healthy; you should be OK.

Conspiracy theorists, please just go on by (but wear a mask under your tinfoil hat, so you don’t spread it to others when you get sick)
The tavern is supposed to be lighthearted, and a forum is supposed to take your mind off of reality, not amplify it. Edit the title and text for something more suitable if you would.

Super Catanian

COrona VIrus Disease 2019

COVID-19

C-
C is the 3rd letter of the alphabet, add a 3.
O- O is 0, 0 does not get counted
V-
I-
VI is six in Roman Numerals,
D- D is the 4th letter of the alphabet, add a 4.
So, 3+4+6=13, add to that 10 generations ever produced of the Toyota Corona, 10+13=23
Finally, merge it with the 19 to get...
23-19! That explains all the panic of this novel coronavirus!

This madre me laugh. Thanks!
On a more serious note, I am already taking measures to protect myself from it. For the past several days, hygiene in my family hasn’t been better.

Praetorius

3xjfex.jpg

DreadfulCadillac

The biggest danger is the “infodemic” of false news and unscientific BS floating around. This is a serious virus, and many people will die. Be responsible, get news from legitimate sources of information, like the World Health Organization or the CDC.

Washing hands is best defense. When you go shopping, or touch surfaces that other people have touched, do not touch your face until you have washed your hands. Also, try to avoid crowds, staying about 2-3 feet away from people as much as possible. For now, don't shake hands with people.
Part of this is not true, as some people have got Covid-19 more then once

The Lady Redneck

Please.... Not here....... I know you are concerned about C-19, Anyone in their right mind is concerned about it, But lets keep it in its place. There is more than enough Woe is me stuff out there about it. More than enough fake news and media induced mass hysteria. Like anything else we do not like, but have to endure we should use our common sense, adjust and get on with our lives a best we can. FoE is a place we can come to to escape all the "stuff" and "noise" around us, We can play the game, socialize in the game and through the Forums, have a laugh and joke and occupy our minds. Can we not just keep it like that?

DeletedUser40061

I trust everyone is sticking to cdc recommendations...so far my family hasnt contracted covid!. Stay safe, stay alive, stay 6 feet apart....you know the drill. Everytime i go out to grocery, i put on my gloves and mask, wipe down carts and baskets...its becoming normal routine sad to say.. crazy life we are living in