• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cowards Hiding Behind a City Shield

Should Inno make changed to City Shield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser29404

So I'd like some feedback regarding certain AF/OF/VF players who (or ANY player) purchase a Tavern City Shield, and block neighbors from attacking their cities. Meanwhile, they run rampant throughout the Neighborhood attacking other players.
This seems wrong. In other games across the Internet, there is a mechanism which prevents these cowards from launching attacks from their unassailable cities.
I think perhaps we could start a discussion about formulating a proposal to see *IF* Inno would make a change that better serves the Neighborhood(s) from people who choose this method of "cheating."
If others have experienced this, please feel free to respond. I'd like to get the FoEs' community's input on this. Further input could lead to a Vote-able proposal to make changes to this particular issue, with Inno.
Thanks!

Algona

I don;t plunde.r I don;t use Tavern Shields.

So I'd like some feedback

No, you want sympathy.

players who (or ANY player) purchase a Tavern City Shield, and block neighbors from attacking their cities. Meanwhile, they run rampant throughout the Neighborhood attacking other players.
This seems wrong.

INNO has put a lot of effort into making plundering a viable and profitable strategy.

Players successfully using established game mechanics to play the game within the rules of the game and as encouraged by INNO.

Seems reasonable to me.

Any player can use this same tactic. so not only is this tactic reasonable, viable, profitable, but it's also fair.

In other games...

...once your defence is broken your city can be damaged or destroyed. In this game an attacker can plunder one Resource you have not collected and you can prevent that that from occuring by...using the city shield you want changed? Or Collecting On Time?

I think perhaps we could start a discussion about formulating a proposal to see *IF* Inno would make a change that better serves the Neighborhood(s) from people who choose this method of "cheating."
If others have experienced this, please feel free to respond. I'd like to get the FoEs' community's input on this. Further input could lead to a Vote-able proposal to make changes to this particular issue, with Inno.
Thanks!

It has been discussed, and some folk have tried Proposing it. Typically they write the Proposal poorly running afoul of the 'no changes to plundeirng' clause of the Dnsl. So if you do decide you want to Propose your idea, try a trial run here, then ask a Mod to review it for Dnsl purposes.

Then you can formally propose it.

I suspect it will meet with the same reception as previous incarnations of this Proposal.

Insterad of trying to change the game to fix the problems you have with your chosen game style, I'd recommend asking for help with your problem, namely getting plundered.

Graviton

Seems to me the stated problem is self-correcting, in that Tavern silver is a finite resource. I don't think anybody can keep up a perpetual shield without spending diamonds, and if they're spending diamonds you likely can't breach their defenses anyway.

I understand the sentiment: you got hit and you want to hit back. My best advice is to make sure you have nothing for them to plunder, because simply losing a battle doesn't matter at all. You can also take out your frustration on your non-shielded neighbors. :)

DeletedUser8428

So I'd like some feedback regarding certain AF/OF/VF players who (or ANY player) purchase a Tavern City Shield, and block neighbors from attacking their cities. Meanwhile, they run rampant throughout the Neighborhood attacking other players.
This seems wrong. In other games across the Internet, there is a mechanism which prevents these cowards from launching attacks from their unassailable cities.
Thanks!
The city shield is available to all players equally. You propose to make it less fair by only allowing some players to use it?

Despite your statement, you must be aware that players who plunder are not cheating, they are not bullies, they use an approved gaming strategy - as Algona pointed out , Innogames has gone (and continues to go) to a lot of trouble to promote neighborhood plunder as a valid means of game progress. Players who plunder you are mastering a strategy you choose to not employ.

It sounds as though you are unaware of the simplest ways to prevent plunder. There are numerous threads (I think in the Questions section) that discuss how to protect your "stuff" from plunder... or you could ask some of the experienced folks here how to do that.

DeletedUser13838

Seems to me the stated problem is self-correcting, in that Tavern silver is a finite resource. I don't think anybody can keep up a perpetual shield without spending diamonds, and if they're spending diamonds you likely can't breach their defenses anyway.
It can be done but requires a lot of micromanagment.

DeletedUser33179

As others have mentioned, it's a valid strategy. No need to have it changed just because you're frustrated in being on the receiving end of it.

- KQ -

I've never actually been attacked by someone running a city shield, but it's always seemed wrong to me even if it is within the rules. If I made the rules, you couldn't attack if you had a city shield up.

DeletedUser30900

I've never actually been attacked by someone running a city shield, but it's always seemed wrong to me even if it is within the rules. If I made the rules, you couldn't attack if you had a city shield up.
That's why players dont make the rule.

DeletedUser

Thanks!
First, as a proposal this would be shut down quickly, as it is clearly DNSL.
Second, as you can see from your poll results so far and the replies, there is little to no support for this anyway.
BTW, lets take off the pull. @Stephen Longshanks
I'd like to, but when I checked with my bosses I found that polls are only forbidden to regular posters in conjunction with an actual proposal.

DeletedUser29404

I don;t plunde.r I don;t use Tavern Shields.

No, you want sympathy.

INNO has put a lot of effort into making plundering a viable and profitable strategy.

Players successfully using established game mechanics to play the game within the rules of the game and as encouraged by INNO.

Seems reasonable to me.

Any player can use this same tactic. so not only is this tactic reasonable, viable, profitable, but it's also fair.

...once your defence is broken your city can be damaged or destroyed. In this game an attacker can plunder one Resource you have not collected and you can prevent that that from occuring by...using the city shield you want changed? Or Collecting On Time?

It has been discussed, and some folk have tried Proposing it. Typically they write the Proposal poorly running afoul of the 'no changes to plundeirng' clause of the Dnsl. So if you do decide you want to Propose your idea, try a trial run here, then ask a Mod to review it for Dnsl purposes.

Then you can formally propose it.

I suspect it will meet with the same reception as previous incarnations of this Proposal.

Insterad of trying to change the game to fix the problems you have with your chosen game style, I'd recommend asking for help with your problem, namely getting plundered.
First, I'm not suffering from this issue. I'm posting it on behalf of some of my Guild members.
Second, I'm discussing Advanced Age players. AF/OF/VF players.
Thirdly, in those ages, your *probably* Attacking well established players closer to your Age.
Lastly, not *All* players continue to plunder others in those Ages; as the need for Mo/Po from hoodies, is possibly greater than the potential goods you *might* be able to plunder, anyways.
I was not aware this was a previous issue discussed on the Forums.

DeletedUser29404

There's nothing stopping the attacked player from also running a perpetual shield. When everyone has a shield no one can be plundered. So why should there be a problem with the shield doing its job?
The issue isn't whether or not the Shield works. The issue is a select few, attacking hoodies, whilst remaining safe behind their shield.
If your Tavern supports the enourmous cost of maintaining your Shield daily/weekly, even eventually you'll run real low on tavern Silver.

DeletedUser29404

The city shield is available to all players equally. You propose to make it less fair by only allowing some players to use it?

Despite your statement, you must be aware that players who plunder are not cheating, they are not bullies, they use an approved gaming strategy - as Algona pointed out , Innogames has gone (and continues to go) to a lot of trouble to promote neighborhood plunder as a valid means of game progress. Players who plunder you are mastering a strategy you choose to not employ.

It sounds as though you are unaware of the simplest ways to prevent plunder. There are numerous threads (I think in the Questions section) that discuss how to protect your "stuff" from plunder... or you could ask some of the experienced folks here how to do that.
You may not be aware of this, but I'm a prolific plunderer. I'm a mobile player, exclusively. So no GvG. With 23,000+ Wins, I've plundered alot of people. This issue has little to do with my game style, and Kung Q can attest to that.