• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cowards Hiding Behind a City Shield

Should Inno make changed to City Shield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser29404

You posts simply state it's unfair and abusive without expalaining why. What is unfair about it? Why is it abuse? Is the city shield button broken in your game that you can't use it?
LOL!! As I've mentioned, I'm ME and (Generally) always 1st in my hood rotations. My city D is 685%.
Secondly, I'm too cheap to spend all that tavern silver. No one gets thru my Defense, and, *IF* they did, good luck nailing me for something.

DeletedUser29404

Out of curiosity, why isn't your guildie here making their own case?
They aren't registered. This happens in T world, with one particular player who feels its "fine" to have that as his "play style" which as others seem to feel, is no different than players who choose other "play styles"

DeletedUser13838

LOL!! As I've mentioned, I'm ME and (Generally) always 1st in my hood rotations. My city D is 685%.
Secondly, I'm too cheap to spend all that tavern silver. No one gets thru my Defense, and, *IF* they did, good luck nailing me for something.
Well you are asking for a friend so OK maybe your guildies for some reason can't use city shield? Your city D is much higher than mine but those who attack me are getting through my defense even at 685% (if I were #1 in my hood I'd be top 10 on my server most likely). Currently only 1 person attacks me daily with A/D of 647/250. I'm just point food - he doesn't plunder. Even at 1000 defense I doubt I'd stop him.

DeletedUser29404

Well you are asking for a friend so OK maybe your guildies for some reason can't use city shield? Your city D is much higher than mine but those who attack me are getting through my defense even at 685% (if I were #1 in my hood I'd be top 10 on my server most likely). Currently only 1 person attacks me daily with A/D of 647/250. I'm just point food - he doesn't plunder. Even at 1000 defense I doubt I'd stop him.
Most likely cuz he needs the easy tower points for bragging rights. I'm in the same boat. I attack alotta people, daily, but theres little need to plunder *most* resources. Of course, if they've left FPs laying around, or, current aged goods, than those are fair pickings. Supplies/coins, earlier aged goods have no value to me, personally.

DeletedUser13838

He has 20 million in VF tower so far and is also #1 in most other towers. He's not doing it for the medals. *shrug* I attack just enough to get the most out of my himej unless I'm running low on motivations in which case I'll attack more of those not aiding (plus anyone else attacking that I have a chance to beat). My HoFs are usually the last to be motivated so I sometimes wnd up using a bunch of self-aid kits.

Edit: Just got attacked - today he has 649% attack.

DeletedUser36572

Your discussing two differen things. City Defense, in most situations, doesnt prevent an attacker. It only bolsters a players Defense of their Defending Army

No ... I am talking about the City Shield any player can purchase in the Tavern. It is an excellent way to defend your city from attack and thus helps prevent all the sobbing associated with a player getting whipped by someone smart enough to protect themselves from retaliation using the exact same item that is equally available to everyone.

I mean, it’s not that hard to grasp unless they just want to be a bedwetter and cry about about their stupidity.

DeletedUser29404

You posts simply state it's unfair and abusive without expalaining why. What is unfair about it? Why is it abuse? Is the city shield button broken in your game that you can't use it?
It's kind of self-evident. Even I, the laymen, "get it"....

Algona

No one that I know of, is "interested" in changing the game....least of all, me.
I can reiterate that this particular issue never affects me, personally. I put this out there, to ascertain other players thoughts/feelings. That is all. Than, I can direct those people to this thread, to see what they take away from it.

I really don;t get the point of what this is all about. Your Guildies have a problem. Instead of resolving it with the simple steps of how to mitigate plundering, you come here slinging emotion laden terminology to elicit support for changing the game:

I think perhaps we could start a discussion about formulating a proposal to see *IF* Inno would make a change that better serves the Neighborhood(s) from people who choose this method of "cheating."

But when you get almost no support, instead of resolving it with the simple steps of how to mitigate plundeng, you;re going to refer a bunch of advanced Era players to this forum to do what?

To ask to change the game? That's gonna do what for them? When they get the same response their problem goes away how?

Is there some reason to not resolve this simply and elegantly? Do you need an antiplundering checklist to give them? I;ve got a couple copies floating around the Help I'm being plundered thread. Feel free to distribute a copy to your Guild mates.

Blacksand nailed it up above , the very thing you want to change is the simplest solution.

DeletedUser36572

They aren't registered. This happens in T world, with one particular player who feels its "fine" to have that as his "play style" which as others seem to feel, is no different than players who choose other "play styles"

Regardless of play styles, I hate to break it to you, but no one here or in the game will be winning the Congressional Medal of Honor for their button pushing “bravery” ... :cool:

DeletedUser

They aren't registered.
So they don't understand how to protect their city and they can't figure out how to register on the Forum? With all the time and energy you've spent here explaining your non-position, you could have explained one or the other to this guildie, don't you think?

Algona

So @BruteForceAttack and I make the exact same point, and this is how you react to each?

Consistency is not a strong point, this thread is full of contradictions like this:

I think perhaps we could start a discussion about formulating a proposal to see *IF* Inno would make a change

No one that I know of, is "interested" in changing the game....least of all, me.

Algona

This happens in T world, with one particular player who feels its "fine" to have that as his "play style"

Your histrionics have been about one player using this tactic?

The Proposal process takes time. Minimum 4 weeks for the Process on our side, months if ever on INNNO's side. You do understand the hood will rotate in a week?

INNO is supposed to rewrite test implement code to limit the plundering process, despite years long continuing effort into assuring plundering is a viable strategy, because you are emotionally (I say emotionally both because the game provides methods to deal with this that you refuse to use and your continued use of emotionally laden terms) unable to deal with one person using this, not against you, but against someone you know who is a half dozen Eras ahead of you and who doesn't care enough about this to come to the forums?

Well, heck, why not? I'm in! Let's write this Proposal!

mamboking053

So I'd like some feedback regarding certain AF/OF/VF players who (or ANY player) purchase a Tavern City Shield, and block neighbors from attacking their cities. Meanwhile, they run rampant throughout the Neighborhood attacking other players.
This seems wrong. In other games across the Internet, there is a mechanism which prevents these cowards from launching attacks from their unassailable cities.
I think perhaps we could start a discussion about formulating a proposal to see *IF* Inno would make a change that better serves the Neighborhood(s) from people who choose this method of "cheating."
If others have experienced this, please feel free to respond. I'd like to get the FoEs' community's input on this. Further input could lead to a Vote-able proposal to make changes to this particular issue, with Inno.
Thanks!

In a lot of games people have complaints about unfairness. They think that everything should be equal and if person A cannot fight on a level with person B than it's unbalanced. Or if person A has unfair abilities like momentary invincibility, it's not right, but this isn't true.

In your example your comrades are up against an opponent with more resources and more power. They can't hope to beat him or retaliate. What they can do is simply wait him out. Try their best to deny him any benefit to his attacks. Aid the person.

TLDR: It is unfair, but it's not a "wrong" feature of the game. It just means that sometimes fighting back will not be an option for you.

spnnr

So I'd like some feedback regarding certain AF/OF/VF players who (or ANY player) purchase a Tavern City Shield, and block neighbors from attacking their cities. Meanwhile, they run rampant throughout the Neighborhood attacking other players.

This can definitely be irritating but it is a strategy that is legal.

This seems wrong. In other games across the Internet, there is a mechanism which prevents these cowards from launching attacks from their unassailable cities.

Not sure why you made that leap from someone using the shield and then ascribing it to their character mate . If its a viable option for them it is a sound strategy ..

But its not cheating -its a legitimate means of playing - as legitimate as collecting o time/disconnecting buildings etc.

If others have experienced this, please feel free to respond. I'd like to get the FoEs' community's input on this. Further input could lead to a Vote-able proposal to make changes to this particular issue, with Inno.
Thanks!

I haven't read the rest of the posts but I have to say King I am a surprised at your original post as its filled with emotive language which brands players using legitimate in-game strategies as cowards/ cheats -which is unlike your usual postings , as I have always found your offerings to be polite and well reasoned .

As for my contribution it seems that its a bit of an overkill and a pro-active approach from the player and his guild may reduce plundering -if that's the issue.

DeletedUser29404

I haven't read the rest of the posts but I have to say King I am a surprised at your original post as its filled with emotive language which brands players using legitimate in-game strategies as cowards/ cheats -which is unlike your usual postings , as I have always found your offerings to be polite and well reasoned .

As for my contribution it seems that its a bit of an overkill and a pro-active approach from the player and his guild may reduce plundering -if that's the issue.
Well, first off, as I've mentioned, this isnt an issue I'm suffering from. There was an issue in my guild w a certain few players who are super advanced; yet feel it is "sporting" to hide behind the City Shield. I get that it's a viable "strategy" (and wholly effective) yet launch attacks vs other advanced Age players.
I was just looking for feedback, and to help point my guildies to this thread, to see what the FoE community thinks. Nothing more, nothing less.
Granted many have strong feelings about the "strategy."

DeletedUser26677

There has already been a proposal put in about making changes to the city shield where people can't attack while hiding behind it and it was shot down. So, I don't see anything else needing to be said about that part. If people collect on time, even if they are attacked nothing can be plundered.

Algona

I was just looking for feedback, and to help point my guildies to this thread, to see what the FoE community thinks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Your first post still reads:

And then later we have this delghtful exchange.

Out of curiosity, why isn't your guildie here making their own case?

They aren't registered.

The AF/OF/VF Guildies who are still getting plundered. The ones so worried about it they sent someone 6 Eras lower to plead their case because they can't be bothered (Maybe can;t figure out? After all they are getting plundered while playing in the highest Eras of the game.) to register for the forums.

The only thing you have been consistent in this thread?

Bashing people who play the game in a "style" (BTW, is there some reason you keep putting words in quotes?) that is completely within the rules of the game but that you don't like.