1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.153

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

[Not A Bug] CPU/Memory drain issue

Discussion in 'Addressed' started by Dursland, Feb 15, 2017.

1. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Dunarsund
    I'm just messing around in Tribal Wars 2, just basically a new little city not much going on and it seems to do the same thing as FoE does to memory just by looking at chrome's task manager. Don't know much about this stuff of how html5 would help memory in FoE. Isn't TW2 html5?

tb ram - Copy.JPG foe ram - Copy.JPG

2. tstar99

tstar99 Member

problem is they don't give a damn. I think dursland has the whole picture in a nutshell. they haven't listened and won't listen as long as they are making money. but sooner or later it will all breakdown. and no one will be able to play.

3. sloppyjoeslayer

Worlds:
    Dunarsund
    yeah been a problem from the beginning. the cm over on beta ran my stress test So this is why you have lag.... and got the same results I did maybe she'll be the answer.

4. Ctik

Ctik Member

As for Windows 10 Creator update with Firefox (NPAPI Flash), that time has now come.

5. Mucka Smash

Mucka Smash Active Member

There is no need to panic. I spoke to the Inno Devs, and they've reported the issue is entirely on your end. Obviously, first you need to upgrade your system. Second, if you simply refresh your screen once for every 3 game clicks and clear your cache after every game click, the lag is hardly noticeable.

Salsuero likes this.
  6. DarkblueOO6

DarkblueOO6 Member

when I run normal I use about 700mb of ram net flix will use 4gig and this game will use 22 gig of ram which is a bit large amount of ram.. when I close the game it all drains down but comes back when I re load it. after about 30 min of just putting fp on gb and chatting to guild mates.

I didn't think oh I'll need so much ram for a browser game but .. omg .. really :p

InfamousChan likes this.
  7. centaurgod

centaurgod Member

I've played FOE on a variety of machines with a variety of hardware configs. Sometimes even on multi-core machines with WIn10 & 64G or more of physical memory, and FOE being the only program running, and internet speeds not less than 10G, it can slow to a crawl, lag for many (upwards of 8-10) seconds. The resource usage is crazy. Yes I do believe that flash is a fair part of the problem, but how much hardware do you need to throw at a game for 'reasonable' play? Not everyone is running $5,000 machines. If INNO want to keep the older players they need to 'test' on real-world setup, like a dual/quad core Win7 with 4-8Gig memory. If it runs good there it will be great on anything better.

InfamousChan likes this.
  8. sloppyjoeslayer

Worlds:
    Dunarsund
    Well, oddly enough for me Flash has always been fine but they're switching to HTML5 now and I can't play more than 10 minutes without the RAM filling up and crashing the game using it on HTML5;

9. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

Worlds:
    Rugnir
    yes I did have the same issues with the FoE and updated Flash Player and Google Chrome several times since i started playing the game. @Dursland I too use 3GB RAM system as urs.
    Played in Google Chrome, Firefox and Comodo IceDragon (FF based)

Google Chrome eats too much RAM than any other browser.
    RAM Consumption - Google Chrome > Firefox > Comodo IceDragon
    Older versions of these browsers don't consume RAM as the newer versions (applicable for every browsers)

I use Comodo IceDragon v52 (an older version), seems stable for 3 GB RAM PC / Laptop
    I never refresh the page. neither do i clear the cache, but u may want to reinstall the Flash Player

10. rsdecarr

rsdecarr Guest

I agree completely. The best thing you can do is start using ad blockers like Disconnect, Ghostery, and AdBlocker Plus. Inno sells it's players out to ad trackers and they slow performance down a LOT. Flash is another HUGE problem. We'll see what happens when they make the switch to HTML5. If Inno keeps aggressively selling us out to ad trackers, I'm going to bail.

11. rsdecarr

rsdecarr Guest

How do you know that if you don't run ad blockers? I had no idea how much Inno sells us out to ad trackers until I started blocking them. My ad blockers have blocked over 1000 ads in just the last month.