• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Crows nest or Sentinel outpost?

Nicholas002

In the upcoming Summer event, the Crows nest selection kit and the sentinel outpost will likely be the most interesting gold prizes on the wheel of fortune. (for me)

I am in a bit of a conundrum since I will have to decide before the event which prize to go for, and I haven't played a summer event before, so I don't know what is realistic to hope for.

I would rather get 8 crows nest selection kits than 8 sentinel outposts, but I would rather get 7 sentinel out posts than 7 Crows nest kits.

I asked this before, and no one really answered, even though many forum-ers have played this event before, so I will ask again: how many targeted gold prizes can you hope to get in this event?
how many could you get if you only spun when the targeted prize is on the wheel? how many could you get if you refreshed, until the targeted prize came up, and then spun until you got it?

someone must remember at least vaguely how many they got last year...
thanks in advance!

Plunder Queen

I’m in the same boat, wondering the same. I need to be certain before I dump money in this game that I can get the full crows nest.

Jern2017

On my main world, I will focus on Sentinel Outpost and Tactician Towers.

I have one fully upgraded Nest from last year and while it's a nice building, higher military boost is what I want.

While the Nest gives FPs, which can subsequently be used to level up military GBs, all of mine are level 60+ and require hundreds of FPs just to get that one extra percent of attack and defense. I am working on leveling them further, but the Sentinel Outpost is a faster way to give your boosts some extra oomph.

Vger

In the upcoming Summer event, the Crows nest selection kit and the sentinel outpost will likely be the most interesting gold prizes on the wheel of fortune. (for me)

I am in a bit of a conundrum since I will have to decide before the event which prize to go for, and I haven't played a summer event before, so I don't know what is realistic to hope for.

I skimmed through the last few pages of the summer 2019 feedback thread. The ship was the hot secondary prize last year.

Some were able to get a fully upgraded ship. Some (most?) were not. You are mostly at the mercy of the RNG here, so results can vary widely from person to person (or city to city). A couple representative quotes:
Out of my 7 cities I only managed to build one Royal Ship while playing the event. It’s hard sometimes to get the six upgrades. In one city I only managed to get only one ship upgrade. The random generator can really work against you. Though I am close in some of my cities with 5 upgrades.

Don't feel lonely, I got a full ships worth in 2 cities so far, and bupkiss in 2 others. I guess I used all my luck on the 2. Nice thing is the upgrades on AD now, so you can still get them along the way.

Ship upgrades did show up in AD, so people that came up short just had to wait for that to happen.

I have 1 CN upgrade left from last year, so I'm going for more this year. If I come up short, I'll just wait on the AD. No guarantee when (or even if) they will show up there, but if history is a guild it won't be too long of a wait.

DevaCat

I would rather get 8 crows nest selection kits than 8 sentinel outposts, but I would rather get 7 sentinel out posts than 7 Crows nest kits.

I asked this before, and no one really answered, even though many forum-ers have played this event before, so I will ask again: how many targeted gold prizes can you hope to get in this event?
how many could you get if you only spun when the targeted prize is on the wheel? how many could you get if you refreshed, until the targeted prize came up, and then spun until you got it?

someone must remember at least vaguely how many they got last year...
thanks in advance!
Between the effects of chance and actions of your neighbors, that isn't really an answerable question. Either one is likely to be a single prize on the wheel when/if it does appear, so in that case you'd have a chance at one only, unlike multiples per wheel of more normal prizes. I'm not sure if they would appear on the map thing as well/instead of?

Personally I'd go for CN kits as they are harder to get as mentioned.

Agent327

Have no idea how many I got last year, or the years before. What I do know it is is the event where luck is the biggest factor you are dealing with. Bigger than all other events. For one, you need the prize you want to be on the wheel. Second, you need to open the wheel at that time. Third, you need the the luck to win it. Fourth, you need nobody to change the wheel when the prize you want is on. That can happen a lot cause players might be looking for another prize, or simply do not like you to win what you want.

Basically, if you go save, you go for the sentinels, but if you want to take a chance you try the Crows nest.

Nicholas002

Ok, what I'm thinking now is, maybe go for the crows nest, and if I fall short, hope it shows up in the AD.
thanks for the thoughts.

qaccy

RP put it pretty well. Sentinel Outposts are good, but you can count on seeing them from pretty much every major event. Crow's Nest is thematically linked to the Summer Event and won't be available anywhere else until it gets added to the Antiques Dealer.

On the other hand, since this line of thinking could be applied to pretty much every event, it kinda leaves it up in the air as to when is a good opportunity to go for SOs instead lol. Pick an event that doesn't have any other prizes that interest you!

Farfle the smelly

I think I’m going for the big kahuna (CN). My game got uber amplified when I got my hippos at the last event. No clue how far I’ll go tho since I’m determined to go no-diamonds this time around. We will see.

Farfle the smelly

wait. If Tholos is offered again (too lazy to check), I’ll orobably go for it. I love the one I have (lvl 9) and would love, like, 10 more. Such potent little space savers!

Falconwing

Either one is likely to be a single prize on the wheel when/if it does appear, so in that case you'd have a chance at one only, unlike multiples per wheel of more normal prizes.
Ugh... The wheel. I forgot about the wheel. Hate the wheel. Very hard to collect enough upgrades on the wheel. You have to see them on the wheel, then win them before anyone else does. Either way, after it's gone, you have to wait on another to appear on the wheel. I missed the Ship original event and had to use the wheel last year to get it.
I did get the nine upgrades I needed, but I also checked all the time while awake and even at night when I made a pit stop to the bathroom. I was super happy to get the ninth upgrade, til I realized I didn't have the base ship to upgrade. Took a few days to catch one at the AD.

Farfle the smelly

I was super happy to get the ninth upgrade, til I realized I didn't have the base ship to upgrade.
D’oh! That would suck.

To everyone: is there a working wiki somewhere that shows the benefits/levels of CN? I can’t seem to find one. And [another wiki] shows the asylum for some reason.