• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Crow's Nest

Nicholas002

I wasn't around for last year's Summer Event, so I am not very familiar with the mechanics, or really anything about the event.
My question is, if the Crow's Nest selection kit is offered as a golden prize (as it was on beta), what are the chances of getting the required 8 selection kits to fully upgrade one? and if it is possible to get 8 desired gold prizes, would it be better to go for the sentinel outposts? Also, is it likely that the Crows Nest will become available in the AD soon, in the case that I would miss a few upgrades? if so, will the prices be sky high due to it's novelty in the AD?

Any insight will be appreciated!

(Plain Red Justice need not respond. I am aware that you like negotiating.)

Aggressor

The summer event is not like the last events that you see.
The Summer Event is a wheel that you spin to get prizes and compasses to drive your ship to the grand prize. Every wheel has a gold prize. You can win the gold prize by spinning the wheel and getting lucky or forcing the wheel to stop in time. Every time the gold prize (or any prize) is taken it cannot be taken by your neighbors who share the wheel with you. When you refresh the wheel, there is a new gold prize.
The chances of fully upgrading it? Well, if you were SUPER vigilant and waited for neighbors to refresh the wheel to the wheel offering a crow's nest and then spun until you got it, that would work, but the wheel gets refreshed a lot.
I believe 1 year after the event building was released it becomes available in the AD, but I am not sure.
So in conclusion if you hovered over the wheel all day and were lucky/talented enough to spin the gold prize, sure.

Agent327

In the soccer event I got the 8 upgrades needed to place a second Colossus, so I think it is possible. However, I think the luck factor in the Summer Event is even bigger and you have the problem of hoodies changing the wheel. You can change the prizes on the wheel by using a ticket. Since you can see who is spinning the wheel it is a good way to annoy the plunderers in your hood.

As far as the AD goes, it is likely to appear there, but judging fropm again the Colossus it might be rare, but that is just my experience.

Aggressor

Wow, event has not even started yet and we already have this again :p

The moment you start the wheel your prize is fixed. Stopping it only shortens the animation. You can not "stop it in time".
Lol people in my guild said you can stop it in time. I don't know what they mean then