• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

cultral settlement stragedy ?

DeletedUser

ok - so - Help !!
I am ready to unlock the mead brewery. it needs 34 axes. I have 57. To unlock the mead brewery, it wants 6 diamonds. how is that not spending diamonds - or again, am I totally missing something. I'd ask in my guild but I am the only one trying the settlements.
Look at the bottom. You need a certain amount of Diplomacy at the time you unlock that. It is asking for Diamonds because, while you have the goods, you don't currently have the necessary Diplomacy.

DreadfulCadillac

ok - so - Help !!
I am ready to unlock the mead brewery. it needs 34 axes. I have 57. To unlock the mead brewery, it wants 6 diamonds. how is that not spending diamonds - or again, am I totally missing something. I'd ask in my guild but I am the only one trying the settlements.
ITS CALLED DIPLOMACY:)

DeletedUser38138

Just finished my first settlement in the fastest time to get all the rewards with a day to spare. I really had no clear plan. It was very time consuming.

I ended up doing a lot 5 and 15 minute runs in about 6 of the shrines in order to get the max coin in the least time because I was running out of time to finish the settlement. Maybe next time I might just produce all the coin and goods ahead of time like some have suggested.

Those last Clan and Mead Builds take 8 hours to finish building. However, on the last required Mead building I did not wait for the 8 hours. The minute you start building it, you can immediately sell it and still get credit for it if you need to free up space and time. My settlement had about 14 expansions.

I need a break before I start the next one. I have had enough of settlements for a while. I do like the Yggdrasil.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25015

I just researched the market, and I had all the goods and all the required diplomacy, I did not have to use any diamonds. however, before researching the market, it said I would need approx. 50 mead to research the wool (next after the market). well as soon as I researched the market, it climbed to 116 mead to research the wool! I don't understand how this happened as I had all of the required goods and diplomacy to get the market, nothing should have changed the wool requirements - am I missing something here? I have been counting and planning all of my goods to advance, and this just throws everything off, I do not understand how the mead requirement increased when I did not use any diamonds to advance. does anyone know what could cause this?

DeletedUser37581

I just researched the market, and I had all the goods and all the required diplomacy, I did not have to use any diamonds. however, before researching the market, it said I would need approx. 50 mead to research the wool (next after the market). well as soon as I researched the market, it climbed to 116 mead to research the wool! I don't understand how this happened as I had all of the required goods and diplomacy to get the market, nothing should have changed the wool requirements - am I missing something here? I have been counting and planning all of my goods to advance, and this just throws everything off, I do not understand how the mead requirement increased when I did not use any diamonds to advance. does anyone know what could cause this?
The Wool Farm always requires 120 total goods to unlock. If you are being asked for 116 Mead then you will only need a total of 4 Axes + Horns. Is this consistent with what you see is required?
There have been reported cases where the numbers of certain items were not correct, but become correct when the game was reloaded/refreshed.

DeletedUser36145

The minute you start building it, you can immediately sell it and still get credit for it if you need to free up space and time. My settlement had about 14 expansions.

I need a break before I start the next one. I have had enough of settlements for a while. I do like the Yggdrasil.

Maybe that was your mistake. Too many expansions, so you've lost a lot of time, producing goods for them.
The settlement is achievable with 6 expansions in time. 7 or 8 are optimal, and in my opinion, 10 are the maximum, that can pay off. After that you start loosing time to buy the expansions.

Zatrikon

My technique has been to only buy the two cheapest expansions with each good. 1 Axe, 5 Axes, 1 Mead, 5 Mead, 1 Horn, 5 Horns, 1 Wool, 5 Wool. I have found this is really all the expansions you need for most of the run. It can be worth it to buy another (with wool) toward the end, or maybe even two.

Concentrate on unlocking the tech - replace your shacks with huts to save space. Remember that residential buildings, once built, do not have to be connected with roads to still give the population. Disconnect them as needed for more efficient use of space. Don't worry about the coins from houses - get them from Shrines and Markets (and maybe even a Mead Hall or two toward the end).

DeletedUser25015

The Wool Farm always requires 120 total goods to unlock. If you are being asked for 116 Mead then you will only need a total of 4 Axes + Horns. Is this consistent with what you see is required?
There have been reported cases where the numbers of certain items were not correct, but become correct when the game was reloaded/refreshed.
thank you for your response, things still do not add up but I appreciate your response to my request for help. yes I only need 3 axes and 1 horn to add up to that number, but that is not what I was seeing initially as an advancement number.

Triopoly Champion

does anyone have one to complete in the 15 day, both mine didnt even make any time limit, so starting the second ones i still have no stradegy.
Not to mention the 15 days deadline, I can easily win in 14 days, just the tech requirements have to heavily lean on Mead and Wool, just like the Granite and Alabaster in the main game.
Forge of Empires - Viking Heavy Mead and Wool.jpg

Triopoly Champion

Took this screenshot before finishing my settlement, still more than 3 days left for the golden chest -
Forge of Empires - Viking 2nd Cultural Settlement - Mead Hall.jpg

Since I already got the fp emissionary, I'm just going to keep harvesting the 25 fps from quest #5 -
Forge of Empires - Viking Double Axe Smith.jpg

Czari

How do I get more "Japanese," please? That sounds like a song title but I mean those little "faces." I see how to generate everything else.