• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural settlement.

• Thread starter DeletedUser29647
  • Start date

RazorbackPirate

I hope that the special buildings can be plundered. Recently, it appears that none* of the good buildings are plunderable.
There will be a multi-production building that is plunderable, however it doesn't have a FP production option. Looks like goods will be the most valuable production for it.

Agent327

Yes, I know how it works. I just don't like the trend we're seeing of good stuff that can no longer be plundered.

I answered you that you are part of a minority in this and that I was willing to bet you that most players think otherwise. For an anonymous mod a reason to lable it as trolling and warn me I would get points next time. Still I stand by my opinion. Give me the points for speaking my mind. I don't care.

DeletedUser29726

I agree that it's been a while since we were given a good new plunder target. Terrace Farms from GE4 release, and Palaces 2 summers back were the last big adds - there's not that many cider mills floating around.

RazorbackPirate

Sorry, I got confused. The building I was thinking about will be for the Winter Event.

You are correct, there is no plunderable building reward from the Vikings settlement. Maybe the Egyptians?

Emberguard

Yeah always an option that later cultures will be plunderable rewards. Which I am all for. Gets kinda boring in being attacked when there's no risk because nothing can be taken

DeletedUser36624

I see more cider mills than TF's or palaces. But most of my customers are newbies, and are using the base cider mill for straight up production. I have yet to see a palace worth plundering as they have few pieces. Got one guy with five pieces, but they are in two unconnected groupings. :rolleyes:

Question: For set pieces do they have to have "road" to contribute to the set bonus?

Emberguard

Just tested:upload_2018-11-10_17-4-42.png

Still counts \o/ won't be able to collect from the road required one, but for the all ages no-road one it still counts towards

Last edited:

DeletedUser26120

The settlements feature was released in beta. Looks like you'll get a 3x3 yggdrasil tree that gives 2% atk boost and 1fp when motivated.

If I understood correctly, you will be able to complete the settlement multiple times to get upgrades for the yggdrasil tree but not 100% sure on that.

Just tried it out a bit, looks like completing the quests will give you rewards as well - so yup, will get plenty for your main city. First reward was coins for building 3 residentals in the settlement, 2nd reward is self aid kit for having 4 runestones. Apparently the residentals produce those.

Emberguard

@Dursland yes you get to repeat the settlement as many times as you want. It'll take 15 times to fully complete the yggdrasil tree

Once fully upgraded it should give 10% attack and pretty much be the best FP producer so far for the space taken, plus some goods

Last edited:

DeletedUser34800

@Dursland yes you get to repeat the settlement as many times as you want. It'll take 15 times to fully complete the yggdrasil tree

Once fully upgraded it should give 10% attack and pretty much be the best FP producer so far for the space taken, plus some goods

Yeah, except (as you said) it takes 15 play throughs of the Viking settlement to get there, and each run will take between 21 to 11 days, depending on how much you babysit it, spend diamonds, etc. As the devs said, will mostly be 20-21 days per play through.

And the gameplay is apparently glacial speed. With how long it takes and how many times it takes, those rewards aren't worth the time/effort. Especially when we have events rolling out giving great prizes.

At least, that's the majority of opinions I have read in the 20+ page beta thread about it.

Emberguard

The only reason to worry about the time limit is if you're after the Runestone fragments (which is just a lesser version of the tree - and at lvl 1 is essentially a Shrine of Knowledge). If you're just doing it as a bonus on the side then every quest you complete (20 quests in your first settlement) gives a reward for your city anyway in addition to the actual prize at the end.

Throughout those 15 settlements you'll also get emissaries that'll give a bonus each time you collect from your town hall.

The settlement could be played the same way we treat diamond farms. Log in, collect, do minimal maintenance, log out. We'll still get the main prize and lots of little prizes along the way (goods, FPs, medals etc).

Depending on the amount of cultural settlements they intend to give then yeah, you might never fully complete them all and have to choose between which you prefer. That's really not an issue. However I think these are designed to be a side thing that complements your city, that takes up less time then your city when attending to it. Not be something for constant babysitting.

DeletedUser34800

Right, so again, 15 play throughs at an average of 20 days per to get the max tree you mentioned, meaning almost no casual players will ever get it. Also, that's a lot of time and effort to invest into trying to get to the max prize.

So, not worth mentioning the max version and how awesome it is because almost no one will have it or even work for it. At least with events, everyone has a shot at the max prize if they play. Ships, Mill, even this Winter Event ( as examples) all offer enough to get a max version of the Grand prize.

At 9-10 months on average for the max version of the tree, it's just not going to happen for most people. Aside from the fact that doing the same repetitive, glacially slow gameplay 15 times is a chore and not going to happen by most, 9-10 months is just too long. 4-5 months would be more acceptable (IMO).

There's a reason that the collective voice of the beta servers is saying this stuff. A very few are okay with it, but most aren't. Personally, I see no reason for them to put such a ridiculous time frame on this settlement stuff. If you're going to add a new feature to entice people to play 1) make it actually fun game play, which it isn't 2) make the prizes worth doing it. You don't need to play 15 times to get a couple emissaries, so most people will quit well before that and 3) don't make the time frame so unreasonably long. 9-10 months to see the grand prize at max is way too long when, as I said, events are rolling out left and right offering great special buildings for 2 weeks or a month of playing. And there's tons of events, all with different gameplay (spin the wheel, pick a present, play neighborhood games, etc).

ODragon

At 9-10 months on average for the max version of the tree, it's just not going to happen for most people. Aside from the fact that doing the same repetitive, glacially slow gameplay 15 times is a chore and not going to happen by most, 9-10 months is just too long. 4-5 months would be more acceptable (IMO).

I'm also interested in seeing how the powercreep goes along with this. In 9-10 months, how many event buildings will be out that are equal or better by the time you max out the first one. At the very least, as you pointed out, the event buildings are much more easily attainable for the non-hardcore players.

DeletedUser34800

I'm also interested in seeing how the powercreep goes along with this. In 9-10 months, how many event buildings will be out that are equal or better by the time you max out the first one. At the very least, as you pointed out, the event buildings are much more easily attainable for the non-hardcore players.

Right? I've got 2x ToI, PoH, GrBr, lvl 2 dual combo Cherry Garden Set, all 3 ships (1 was F2P), Mill of Fall, and more. In 10 months of my playing. All through different and fun events.

In the same time that it takes to play the SAME SETTLEMENT 15 TIMES for 1 max reward, I got all those and grew my city far more than the settlement could have. This game is all about growing your city, investing your time and space into things that will help you and are worth the effort to obtain.

Unless they change the time frame, settlements won't be worth doing more than a couple times for some emissaries. That's it.

And, as you said @ODragon , in 9-10 months of power creep, this tree may not even be the best anymore, making it even less worth the massive effort and time frame to max.

DeletedUser32824

I've got 2x ToI, PoH, GrBr, lvl 2 dual combo Cherry Garden Set, all 3 ships
Most people (I feel like) would not have spent real money to attain so many of the same prize. So for us I think the settlement prizes offer a fun, long term goal to get "event" buildings from something other than an event, or while an event is happening. So for non-cash players this may be more exciting than for cash players.