• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements and Farms

Gypsy Grace

If you have additional cities that you are setting up (or have set up) as farms, do you do the Cultural Settlements in those secondary cities? Why or why not? If your farm is completely set up, did you do the settlements while getting your farm going and don't do the settlements now?

Pericles the Lion

If you have additional cities that you are setting up (or have set up) as farms, do you do the Cultural Settlements in those secondary cities? Why or why not? If your farm is completely set up, did you do the settlements while getting your farm going and don't do the settlements now?
I have 4 IA GEX farm cities. Vikings is the only one available and I do not do it. The towns are set up to produce goods for negotiations in GEX.

Like diamond farms? Well if you want to turn them into efficient wishing well farms, you want to have as much space for wishing wells. Once you have the city ready to do GE4, you only need one GB to dump FPs into, which is usually a Zeus or a Blue Galaxy. Doing settlements sounds like a ton of work for a building that you will end up tearing down.

Darkest.Knight

I have 3 other towns and I played them all doing everything, including the settlements, to help move thru story questline and map to get all of the possible diamond rewards. It's quite a few diamonds from playing the game. I'm quite far along in ea now, 2 SAAB, 1 Oceanic; it's really slow especially since I've been making room by removing GB's and I'm not doing Mughal settlement on any and I'm not making the towns any larger: finished Mughal on my primary, nice little building if u like FP's. In the end though only number of wishing wells matters, depends on how u want to collect them. It's a slow bugger to get a lot of them.

The Lady Redneck

I have a Diamond Farm that is still in the making. I saw no point in sitting to long in Iron age in it. I took it up to PE as I like the troops for that age for fighting with. And I need them for GE and PvP. Especially GE as that gives you WW's and FoY's. plus the U/Gs for them. I am doing Vikings as the main building is one of the best in the game. And will be a definite keeper once my farm is completed. I will not do any other settlements there.
Also I do not think it is fair to sit in a guild, take the benefits and not help in some way. So doing all 4 levels of GE helps me and the guild.