• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

DeletedUser32824

I sure hope that no one is relying on the # of expansions different people used to see how many they should place. It will most likely differ with the amount and placement of impediments.
I have perfectly placed impediments in my settlement that basically leave me with almost an entire expansion and a half of unusable space. It's been quite annoying!

RazorbackPirate

I sure hope that no one is relying on the # of expansions different people used to see how many they should place. It will most likely differ with the amount and placement of impediments.
The amount of Impediments are always the same, they take up exactly 13 tiles across the available expansions. You will always have 2 ea. 2x1 and 1x2 (8 tiles), and 5 ea. 1x1 (5 tiles). While there will be variance by 1 or 2, the number of expansions needed should be fairly consistent across settlements.

DeletedUser37581

The amount of Impediments are always the same, they take up exactly 13 tiles across the available expansions. You will always have 2 ea. 2x1 and 1x2 (8 tiles), and 5 ea. 1x1 (5 tiles). While there will be variance by 1 or 2, the number of expansions needed should be fairly consistent across settlements.
Fairly consistent, yes. I'd say you should be able to get by with 9 expansions, give or take 2. With the ability to expand without impediments, 7 expansions might be sufficient. With impediments blocking construction in all directions, you might struggle with 11 expansions.

UBERhelp1

Interesting... a person in my guild said he had no impediments. That's what made me not sure of the amount. I'll ask him about it though.

DeletedUser29726

Fairly consistent, yes. I'd say you should be able to get by with 9 expansions, give or take 2. With the ability to expand without impediments, 7 expansions might be sufficient. With impediments blocking construction in all directions, you might struggle with 11 expansions.

Quite the opposite honestly. With impediments in all directions you tend to want to take *less* expansions. A well used expansion is worth about 10 goods a day (population from huts, copper production, and building included). If the only expansions available to you to take cannot be well used, you want less of them not more since it costs the same to unlock, but takes longer to pay off.

I would never take less than 8 expansions (they're cheap). After that it usually does not make a big difference whether you take up to 12 as long as they're used well and bought at the right time.

DeletedUser33179

I’m curious how many expansions people find it necessary to buy to finish on time.

I'm using 8 in each of mine, predominately doing all collections (including copper coin buildings) as 8hr - 4hr-8hr. All will finish on time.

DeletedUser37581

Quite the opposite honestly. With impediments in all directions you tend to want to take *less* expansions. A well used expansion is worth about 10 goods a day (population from huts, copper production, and building included). If the only expansions available to you to take cannot be well used, you want less of them not more since it costs the same to unlock, but takes longer to pay off.

I would never take less than 8 expansions (they're cheap). After that it usually does not make a big difference whether you take up to 12 as long as they're used well and bought at the right time.
Just goes to show that everyone uses different strategies.

DeletedUser36145

I've used 8 in my first settlement, but found that 7 would have been enough. In the whole village I had a 1 1x1 impediment.
In my current, the situation is worse though, as I will have at least 2 1x2 impediments in the same space

DeletedUser33455

For me it's the sameness of it , why can't it have different skins each time , say winter,spring , summer , Autumn , the impediments would be the same , just something visually different than just ice and snow

UBERhelp1

If the impediments stayed the same it would be too easy to just plan out a *perfect* layout to complete the settlements.

DeletedUser33455

I meant the impediments remain the same as in they are randomly generated per lvl , not fixed ! The only difference would be the skins change ..each level unique but different scenery

lemur

I give high marks overall for the new Settlements feature! .I like the focus on design skill very much. .The addition of rock impediments was a clever idea.

I finished the first settlement yesterday evening, and I decided to wait until this morning to start the next one, because a morning start fits my real life better. .But I was surprised and disappointed to discover that the countdown clock on the next settlement started ticking as soon as the first settlement was finished. .As a result, I lost 14 hours. .Unless I missed it, there is nothing in the announcement or in the video introduction that explains how the reward timer works, even though this is a crucial part of the settlements. . :(

InnoGames needs to provide written instructions so that players don't have to learn how something works by trail and error.

Last edited: