• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

DeletedUser

But then isn't the wording of the final quest inconsistent?

"Have 1200 diplomacy" AND "Have 6 Cultural goods buildings"

From your explanation, it would appear that one would have to HAVE both at the same time as deleting either goods buildings or diplomacy would negate the "have" requirement.
That's a good point, and I don't have an answer for it right now. Maybe the difference is in that one is buildings and the other is a "resource"? Usually a quest involving Happiness (the closest regular game feature to Diplomacy) will be fulfilled once and be done, whereas the "have" building requirements always have to be currently fulfilled at the time you try to collect. Why there is this difference, I don't know. Maybe it's because Happiness itself takes up no space, but buildings do? (And yes, I know that you have to have certain buildings to provide that Happiness, but the Happiness itself takes up no space.)

DeletedUser37581

That's a good point, and I don't have an answer for it right now. Maybe the difference is in that one is buildings and the other is a "resource"? Usually a quest involving Happiness (the closest regular game feature to Diplomacy) will be fulfilled once and be done, whereas the "have" building requirements always have to be currently fulfilled at the time you try to collect. Why there is this difference, I don't know. Maybe it's because Happiness itself takes up no space, but buildings do? (And yes, I know that you have to have certain buildings to provide that Happiness, but the Happiness itself takes up no space.)
I just wanted to add that for the quest "Have a Clan House", it is possible to put down the Clan House (doesn't need to be connected to a road) and the quest will complete. The Clan House can then be deleted and the quest stays completed.

However, the same is also true of the last quest to "Have 1200 Diplomacy" AND "Have 6 Cultural goods buildings" in that if the Diplomacy sub-quest is completed, then building the 6 cultural goods buildings will complete the quest (not just the sub-quest). At that point, a goods building can be deleted and the quest stays completed.

From that perspective, there seems to be a difference between completing a quest and completing a sub-quest. A quest, once completed, always stays completed, while there are times when a sub-quest can be completed and then become uncompleted.

UBERhelp1

I just wanted to add that for the quest "Have a Clan House", it is possible to put down the Clan House (doesn't need to be connected to a road) and the quest will complete. The Clan House can then be deleted and the quest stays completed.

However, the same is also true of the last quest to "Have 1200 Diplomacy" AND "Have 6 Cultural goods buildings" in that if the Diplomacy sub-quest is completed, then building the 6 cultural goods buildings will complete the quest (not just the sub-quest). At that point, a goods building can be deleted and the quest stays completed.

From that perspective, there seems to be a difference between completing a quest and completing a sub-quest. A quest, once completed, always stays completed, while there are times when a sub-quest can be completed and then become uncompleted.
That is true for all building quests. Both in the main city and outside of settlements. The building doesn't need to be fully built to count (thankfully :))

DeletedUser37581

There are two types of building quests, and how they work is consistent throughout the game. One is the "have" x number of (whatever) buildings. When a quest uses the word "have", it means they have to exist concurrently at the fulfillment of the quest. Meaning if there is a second requirement, such as the Diplomacy requirement here, then the buildings have to exist at the time you collect the quest. That's why you can't build/sell/build to fulfill a "have" buildings quest.
The other type is "build" x number of (whatever) buildings. This is the type where you can build/sell/build to fulfill the quest, and once you have started the appropriate number of the specified buildings then the requirement is fulfilled and will stay fulfilled until the quest is collected.
This is just one example of the many times in this game that it is important to pay attention to the wording of things.
Another update:

With 1200 Diplomacy in place for the final quest, it is possible to place the Cultural goods buildings one at a time to complete the quest. That is, build one, delete it, build the second, delete it, and so on until six have been built.

Graviton

With 1200 Diplomacy in place for the final quest, it is possible to place the Cultural goods buildings one at a time to complete the quest. That is, build one, delete it, build the second, delete it, and so on until six have been built.

That has never worked for me. I've had to have all 6 buildings laid down. They don't have to complete but all six have to be started.

DeletedUser37581

That has never worked for me. I've had to have all 6 buildings laid down. They don't have to complete but all six have to be started.
Perhaps Inno has made a change. This worked on PC - don't know about mobile.

Graviton

I just tested this on PC, it does not work that way with the goods buildings. Once you attain 1200 Diplomacy you can scrap the Diplomacy buildings. The bar may appear that you're losing the D, but you're not.

But the goods buildings must all six be placed for it to count.

DeletedUser37581

I just tested this on PC, it does not work that way with the goods buildings. Once you attain 1200 Diplomacy you can scrap the Diplomacy buildings. The bar may appear that you're losing the D, but you're not.

But the goods buildings must all six be placed for it to count.
Hmmm, I have no idea why different people would be seeing different results.

In the post I made earlier, the 1200 Diplomacy was not deleted, but I don't see how that would make a difference.

On the other hand, now that I think about it, I'm pretty certain that the build, delete, build, delete, etc. test was on the EN server. Perhaps that could explain the difference.

RazorbackPirate

Another update:

Thanks for the tip, but it's 100% wrong. Having just finished a settlement today, I can assure you this is 100% wrong.

Once 1200 diplomacy has been reached, you can tear down diplomacy buildings to replace them with cultural goods buildings, but you unequivocally cannot build / delete, build / delete a cultural building 6 times to complete the quest.
Hmmm, I have no idea why different people would be seeing different results.

In the post I made earlier, the 1200 Diplomacy was not deleted, but I don't see how that would make a difference.

On the other hand, now that I think about it, I'm pretty certain that the build, delete, build, delete, etc. test was on the EN server. Perhaps that could explain the difference.
There is no difference between servers. You got bad information. Unless you can repeat it and document it yourself, it didn't happen.

DeletedUser37581

Thanks for the tip, but it's 100% wrong. Having just finished a settlement today, I can assure you this is 100% wrong.

Once 1200 diplomacy has been reached, you can tear down diplomacy buildings to replace them with cultural goods buildings, but you unequivocally cannot build / delete, build / delete a cultural building 6 times to complete the quest.

There is no difference between servers. You got bad information. Unless you can repeat it and document it yourself, it didn't happen.
How positive are you that there is no difference between servers?

Yes, I saw it with my own two eyes. Also, three other people in chat have commented on the same thing - all on EN server.

RazorbackPirate

How positive are you that there is no difference between servers?
If you're so positive, post it actually happening here. You're the one making the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

Take a screen grab of the last quest ready to collect with both 1200 Diplomacy completed and 6 Cultural Buildings completed with no Diplomacy or Cultural Goods buildings left in the city. One screen grab, no Cultural Goods buildings left in the city, with the quest fly-out open, both lines in green, the button activated and ready to collect. Nothing under construction either. Everybody knows you don't have to wait for the build to complete, you just need 6 built or under construction.

Post it here, then we'll ask @Agent327 to confirm it.
Yes, I saw it with my own two eyes. Also, three other people in chat have commented on the same thing - all on EN server.
So you've actually done it yourself. You couldn't have just 'seen' it with your own two eyes since you can't see another player's Settlement. Or is that different on the EN server too?

Last edited:

DeletedUser37581

I am sure that can be arranged with a couple of caveats. The settlement in question was just completed, so it will probably take 9 or 10 days before the next settlement is ready to finish. Also, I clearly stated that the settlement had 1200 Diplomacy at the time, and as to whether it works with Diplomacy deleted or not, I do not know.

Nevertheless, the letter of what you asked for is not sufficient, I'm afraid. It has already been shown that once the entire quest has been completed, then the conditions of the subquests can be undone without effect. Therefore what is needed to be shown is that there are zero Cultural goods buildings in the city, but the quest shows 1 or more buildings complete. Which is to say, deleting a building did NOT cause the quest count to reduce - it stayed at the number already built even after deletion. I believe that is what you would like to see, correct?

EDIT: The reason this was tested in the first place was a comment made in the EN forum that was presumed (by me and others) to be incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

This is what was on the EN forum.
People say "there is no need to build the 8-hour buildings". No Old Willows. No Clan House. No Mead Hall.

You collect enough goods for the last 3 technologies, and then you build many, many Totems, for diplomacy.

And you lay down Clan House for the quest, and immediately delete it; then lay down the Old Willows (2?) and immediately delete them; then lay down the Mead Hall and immediately delete them: And this way it will be faster to complete the settlement. (Right, 6 goods buildings too. At this point, building 6 goods buildings, also solely for the quest, not for producing goods. All goods were produced in one go before researching the last 3 technologies)

I can't contradict them. Are they... absolutely right about this?
This is all absolutely correct.
Once you get 1200 diplomacy give yourself room for 1 3x3 goods building and build it 6x's in a row on same spot takes about 3 minutes.
This is incorrect and cannot be done.
Or just knock down all diplomacy buildings and start 6 goods builds the results are the same.
This can be done, but the results are not the same as his previous incorrect statement.

See. No differences between the servers. Happy to help clear that up for you.

DeletedUser37581

Once you get 1200 diplomacy give yourself room for 1 3x3 goods building and build it 6x's in a row on same spot takes about 3 minutes.
This is incorrect and cannot be done.
But it is exactly this statement which we tested earlier today, wanting to test it before refuting it. To our surprise, it worked exactly as stated.

Graviton

I It has already been shown that once the entire quest has been completed, then the conditions of the subquests can be undone without effect.

Again, I just tested this and that information is incorrect, it only works that way for the Diplomacy requirement. I also don't believe that it works differently on different servers. Somebody's steering you wrong.

RazorbackPirate

But it is exactly this statement which we tested earlier today, wanting to test it before refuting it. To our surprise, it worked exactly as stated.
So we'll wait the x number of days for you to show this to be correct. I suspect long before then, this will have been thoroughly and repeatedly refuted in the EN forum.

qaccy

All this back and forth makes me wonder if someday settlements won't be 'fixed' so that one needs to have both 1200 diplomacy and 6 goods buildings at the same time. Would kinda suck for us, but would probably make more sense in terms of leaving behind a more 'complete' settlement than is currently done. Probably won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Triopoly Champion

All this back and forth makes me wonder if someday settlements won't be 'fixed' so that one needs to have both 1200 diplomacy and 6 goods buildings at the same time. Would kinda suck for us, but would probably make more sense in terms of leaving behind a more 'complete' settlement than is currently done. Probably won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
I have over 1,200 diplomacy and 6 cultural goods buildings with plenty of time left -
Forge of Empires - Viking 2nd Cultural Settlement - Mead Hall.jpg

RazorbackPirate

By choice, I always leave a completed settlement. No buildings under construction, no wall of Totems. I've just completed my 4th one on two worlds with just under 3 days to spare until the first gate. I also won't disconnect residential to cheat space, etc. I am not in such a hurry that I need to save 12 hours and not build a real settlement. My self imposed rules to fit my play style. Besides, all those other folks miss the creepy s*** the Old Willow says when you click it.

I like leaving my Settlements looking like @tuckerkao's. Fully built, all goods and production buildings running, and plenty of copper coins in the bank. But then, I also know the secret of Alabaster.:rolleyes: