• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

DeletedUser37175

A little confused about the settlements. The next thing I need to build is the Mead Brewery. I have no room, so is the only option to buy an expansion with diamonds?

RazorbackPirate

A little confused about the settlements. The next thing I need to build is the Mead Brewery. I have no room, so is the only option to buy an expansion with diamonds?
Yup. Settlements are only for diamond buyers. Sorry.

Seriously, do they teach anything in school these days?

Last edited:

DeletedUser37175

Seriously, do they teach anything in school these days? Click around, read stuff, visit the wiki, read stuff. Then think. Think real hard. It's not that hard.
Seriously, I learned to be respectful and considerate of others. So I missed something, sue me. It's a game. Being an arrogant jerk is more some peoples style, I suppose. The next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water. Ciao baby!

DeletedUser27046

Am thinking this will come up eventually, so might as well get started now :) Just about every time they come up with something new like this, someone has to complain or point out to them that it is really annoying to leave your city, ie: GE, map where ever and come back to the city and the zoom has been readjusted, I go into the settlement fully zoomed out and the settlement is fully zoomed out when I get there, cool, make certain that when I am ready to leave the settlement that it is fully zoomed out in hopes that upon reaching my city that it will still be fully zoomed out, but noooooooooooo. have to readjust it back down to full zoom. Oyvayyyy..

RazorbackPirate

Am thinking this will come up eventually, so might as well get started now :) Just about every time they come up with something new like this, someone has to complain or point out to them that it is really annoying to leave your city, ie: GE, map where ever and come back to the city and the zoom has been readjusted, I go into the settlement fully zoomed out and the settlement is fully zoomed out when I get there, cool, make certain that when I am ready to leave the settlement that it is fully zoomed out in hopes that upon reaching my city that it will still be fully zoomed out, but noooooooooooo. have to readjust it back down to full zoom. Oyvayyyy..
This does not happen to me on PC, running HTML 5 on Chrome. The zoom factor I was using in the city or settlement is the zoom factor applied when I switch back to the city or settlement.

DeletedUser36624

The problem is that max zoom out in the settlement is less than max zoom out in the city. If you are running in a large window with a large monitor, you can be at max zoom out in the settlement, but not at max zoom out for the city.

RazorbackPirate

The problem is that max zoom out in the settlement is less than max zoom out in the city. If you are running in a large window with a large monitor, you can be at max zoom out in the settlement, but not at max zoom out for the city.
Right. It appears to be whatever number of zooms it takes to reach the max extents of the settlement map.

DeletedUser10080

You'll have to decide for yourself.

Yes. Please don't play settlements. In a few months, I'll be happy to have a 3x3 building spitting out 8 FPs plus the other goodies daily. That will make it even easier to snipe you, etc. I certainly won't be spending diamonds either.
I play in both A and H. Feel free to bring your trinkets and take me on.

I did take another look at the settlements and see that it can be played without diamonds. That does little, however, to change my mind that this is just another time waster that gives little in return.

DeletedUser26488

Emissaries will help a bit. Other than that, you can get FP and other rewards from completing quests in the settlement.
Yggdrasil will be worth placing well before the 7 months. It's just 7 months to finish. By level 4 it's already a 3x3 producing 3 FP a day and with 4% attack bonus (comparison maxed pillar of heroes). Level 9 it's 8 FP a day and 10% attack.

Level 4 would take 6 completions or about 2.5-3 months
Thanks for that...Running two cities seems to take up too much time (according to my wife) so I may forgo the pleasures of the Vikings!

DeletedUser8891

Are they going to add the Settlements to the Achievements?

DeletedUser30900

Seriously, do they teach anything in school these days?
Seriously, I learned to be respectful and considerate of others. So I missed something, sue me. It's a game. Being an arrogant jerk is more some peoples style, I suppose. The next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water. Ciao baby!
One of the fun fact in this society is that weak people are usually thin-skinned and asking others being kind to them because of that. (and usually, they got sympathy from the majority)

DeletedUser29726

Are they going to add the Settlements to the Achievements?

Settlements already help complete achievements for building things (i.e. the build X residential buildings achievement)

It does seem likely they'll have achievements of their own as well.

DeletedUser27046

Think I get what your saying, however, I was just noticing that logging in is zoomed in when it has been out for the last few or more months and just to throw it out there, I am on a pc with a large monitor, actually using a 55 inch tv :) and also, like I mentioned before, it used to do the same thing with going in and out of the GE and the map or visiting someones city and they did something to stop it from happening, so I think it should be the same way with the settlement. But, life still continues. :D

RaveWolf

I have not tested it myself... but could it be due to it being Cached or the Cache being cleared!?
Just a thought.