• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

DeletedUser31440

You do not need both. You need one of the two, so it does not help at all.

Notice the word "OR"?

I don't think you are talking about the same thing. Are you talking about the quest to have 55 diplomacy or produce 20 axes? What you quoted is talking about the requirements to unlock the shrine, which is to have both 55 diplomacy and pay 10 axes, or rather all the different building unlocks which require both having some amount of diplomacy and costing some amount of goods.

RazorbackPirate

I agree with @Espoti the Confused and Lauramiller, so far it's a fun little side activity.

When I first started the game, I enjoyed unlocking new tech, building new buildings, designing. and redesigning my city. Obviously, rushing the tech tree and C-map quickly got me in trouble. Since then, I've been moving much more slowly through the Eras of the main game, more focused on building and leveling GBs then tech advancement.

Unlike Events, Settlements require Embassy Advancements, construction of new buildings, designing and redesigning each Settlement. Impediments and the timer add new challenges all their own. The rewards seem worth the effort, we'll see how I feel on my 12th run through.

I also would like to see some fighting added to future cultures, building barracks in the settlement and having to learn and fight against brand new unit types. It's not like there's never been settlements established through violent acquisition.

Last edited:

Agent327

I don't think you are talking about the same thing. Are you talking about the quest to have 55 diplomacy or produce 20 axes? What you quoted is talking about the requirements to unlock the shrine, which is to have both 55 diplomacy and pay 10 axes, or rather all the different building unlocks which require both having some amount of diplomacy and costing some amount of goods.

You are right. Was talking about the quests.

DeletedUser37826

The settlements are a really bad idea. You are turning the game into Farmville and a lot of players are seeing the similarity and quiting - our guild has lost 5 members already. Please rethink this idea before you kill the game :D

Emberguard

Oh yeah I'd totally expect this to be best suited to a player that only has a single world rather then someone that has multiple worlds

DeletedUser37826

Nobody is forcing you to play it, so leaving because of it is really stupid.

They are quitting because they are seeing the game taking a "wrong" direction. A lot of gamers have an OCD side that makes them HAVE to do everything and multiple settlements will mean more time than they can afford.

UBERhelp1

They are quitting because they are seeing the game taking a "wrong" direction. A lot of gamers have an OCD side that makes them HAVE to do everything and multiple settlements will mean more time than they can afford.
They may have to do everything, but that doesn't mean they have to play the settlements as fast as they can. They can play them at any rate they want.

DeletedUser33179

The settlements are a really bad idea. You are turning the game into Farmville and a lot of players are seeing the similarity and quiting - our guild has lost 5 members already. Please rethink this idea before you kill the game :D

The "wrong direction" being taken by the developers is gradually adding new content, which you feel is overloading the OCD'ers in your guild? There's simply too much that can be done in the game now compared to a year ago so they're quitting?

Really??

Or are you & your guild predominantly GvG oriented, and are bummed because Inno isn't focusing all their attention on it.

RaveWolf

I haven't played the Cultural Settlement long enough to decide if it's good or bad (for me), but so far it's a nice addition.

The Devs had an idea to design a game based on what they enjoy and a story they wish to share. The choices they make and the ideas they wish to accept are 100% their choice. We can simply accept them, share ideas or concepts, or we can simply move on.
How can one say it's the "Wrong Direction"?... It may not go in a Direction they desire, but that most certainly does not make it a "Wrong Direction".
Simply play the parts you like and leave out the parts you don't like.

DeletedUser8428

Yes but no one is forced into doing Settlements. I"m not doing them, I tend toward compulsive and don't want to distract myself putting energy into a side feature. Just like the other side features, GvG, GE .. you don't have to do them to play the game. I don't remember .. did we have complaints that players were quitting when GvG or GE first came out? Could be, but I don't think so.

DeletedUser33179

It's unfortunate that so many players aren't understanding that you need both diplomacy along with goods to unlock buildings in the embassy (thinking diamonds are also required or else just completely unsure why they can't access the unlock box).

Inno provided that info in the initial cultural settlements pop-up explanation box & also available to see via the clicking the "?" in small blue box in upper right hand corner in embassy (which is exactly the same help setup depicted for other game aspects).

DeletedUser33179

Overall, I'm alright with it so far. I'm liking the new challenges with regards to use of space & figuring out the best sequence of steps to do. However, those challenges will be solved after a couple run throughs.

The new Y-tree building will be good for some of my cities once leveled enough. But what actually interests me the most are the emissaries that can be used in the Townhall. Their boosts/perks aren't earth-shattering, but they'll add up well for me overtime - and with no city space required to implement.

RazorbackPirate

The settlements are a really bad idea. You are turning the game into Farmville and a lot of players are seeing the similarity and quitting - our guild has lost 5 members already. Please rethink this idea before you kill the game :D
Oh, such drama. Quitting over the addition of an entirely optional new part to the game. I suspect they were likely marginal players with marginal cities anyway. I can understand how their loss might affect a marginal guild, but I'm not sure I personally have an issue with obviously overly emotional players rage quitting over this. Given how quickly they're willing to abandon them, It seems doubtful they had much of a monetary investment in the game. As such, how does their loss negatively affect Inno or the game?
They are quitting because they are seeing the game taking a "wrong" direction.
And what direction is that exactly? Their conclusions are based on what information? How have they become privy to Inno's long-term development plans?

Oh well, I'm sure Inno and the game will survive.

UBERhelp1

It's unfortunate that so many players aren't understanding that you need both diplomacy along with goods to unlock buildings in the embassy (thinking diamonds are also required or else just completely unsure why they can't access the unlock box).
I tried to explain that in the guide I wrote for it. Hopefully, that should help with some of the confusion.

Emberguard

It's ironic. There was a idea presented by players to add new ages that would be a backwards step from the main tech tree - apocalypse, revisiting the Stone Age etc. Another idea was to add a secondary branch on the tree where you choose between a green earth or a more economic but polluted earth. Then there's been players that wistfully say they want to re-visit one of the previous ages they were in because it was so great

Now when the Devs add a tech tree from a different Civilisation to explore different concepts that you can go back and re-visit at any time (faster then the first time) it's the "wrong direction".

Welp. Can't please everyone

DeletedUser26293

Let us know what you think about the Cultural Settlements and the Vikings. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team
You know, this used to be a really good game. One I recommended to younger kids having trouble taking an interest in history; because it got ME interested and I really hated history in High School. What the hell has happened to you people? For like the past year, every event and every new thing introduced is more and more just plain OBVIOUS Diamond Mining. ... Dang! I have just rage quit your stupid Viking game for the second time! Who came up with the requirements? Did they bother to check it out and see if it would work for a normal average player without a ton of money to spend on diamonds? Why? is it that EVERYTHING you do now a days pretty much DEMANDS the use of diamonds if one wants anything good out of it? ... SMH!!! ... I will not spend another DIME on this game, tho I just did spend a bunch of diamonds on the winter building. Another case in point. Keep it up! You're gonna lose a lotta loyal players, if you keep on in this greedy ridiculous vein.

DeletedUser26293

It's not really clear, but there are TWO requirements for each Embassy Advancement - the top half is the Goods requirement, and the bottom half is the Diplomacy requirement. You Need Both to advance your Viking Settlement without using diamonds. So build some more Runestones to increase your diplomacy and you can advance. :D
Hope this helps.
I keep seeing this,,, build more buildings to get what you need, to build more buildings. ... Exactly where are we supposed to build these buildings, being as you cant build the building without the requirements; and you cant meet the requirements without expanding or .... or??? or what?! there are no options to build more because there are no ooptions to come up with the REQUIREMENTS to BUILD THE DAMN BUILDINGS!!!!!! Dang! are you listening? Did you play the game? Do you have ANY IDEA what it is you're even talking about when you say,,,, JUST build more buildings! .... smh

DeletedUser31440

I keep seeing this,,, build more buildings to get what you need, to build more buildings. ... Exactly where are we supposed to build these buildings, being as you cant build the building without the requirements; and you cant meet the requirements without expanding or .... or??? or what?! there are no options to build more because there are no ooptions to come up with the REQUIREMENTS to BUILD THE DAMN BUILDINGS!!!!!! Dang! are you listening? Did you play the game? Do you have ANY IDEA what it is you're even talking about when you say,,,, JUST build more buildings! .... smh

If the strategy involved to be successful is too complicated for you, just don't play that portion of the game. You'll be exactly where you were two days ago but with a ship on your map now, just ignore it.